Belfry's Stadium is tough to beat.

Trinity's looks great in that picture. Walton's is a first class field. I got to see it a few years back when it was freshly done. Johnson Central also has a great looking complex.

Went to Belfry a few years ago for a playoff game. The pictures do not do the stadium justice at all. It is an amazing place.

Went to Belfry a few years ago for a playoff game. The pictures do not do the stadium justice at all. It is an amazing place.

Will you elaborate? I am not questioning - and I understand the scenery and background - but why do you and others make the claim "one of the best in the state"?

Will you elaborate? I am not questioning - and I understand the scenery and background - but why do you and others make the claim "one of the best in the state"?

Between coaching in Louisville, Lex and Eastern KY I can vouch that it is up there as one of the best. The whole atmosphere is just awesome. Cups in the fence leading up. Color coded Red tops on the buildings that match the field. Fans are close to the field. Usually when we play there both teams are really good and both bring huge crowds. It's what Fri nights are all about IMO.

Ashlands Putnam Stadium has a lot of character too. It's probably my favorite old stadium.

Everything about it is state of the art. I think the home section of bleachers is extremely nice, good vistior section as well. The scenery around adds alot to it. I can't really explain it, it just doesn't feel like a Kentucky High School football stadium. It seemed much, much bigger that how it looks in the pictures as well. I haven't been to every stadium in the state so I can't call it the best. I do think that it is easily the best in Eastern Kentucky though as far as the stadium goes. I was only a visitor when I went to a game there, so I can't vouch for how the lockerroms are or anything like that, but the CAM is amazing to go to even if you are just a fan in the stands IMO. Then again it depends on where you're from I guess. Not many stadiums even compare to it in my neck of the woods, maybe that's why us folks in EKY like it so much. I don't know though, I couldn't imagine there being 5 better stadiums in Kentucky that are strictly used for a HS team.

But, I have always believed that you can't beat a big game at Putnam in Ashland, as far as experiencing a game at a stadium in EKY. It's old, the lockerrooms are crummy, but it's a magical place. I don't know if Tomcat players and fans realize how lucky they are some times.

I was also impressed with Johnson Central's stadium. It is more of a traditional place to play unlike the CAM or Putnam, but it was very nice when I went there too.

Thank you both for the info. It helps to understand and put in perspective. Would love to see it sometime. Thanks again.:thumb:

Putnam does have a lot of character! Its a beautiful old stadium, a throwback to a different time!

Thank you both for the info. It helps to understand and put in perspective. Would love to see it sometime. Thanks again.:thumb:

It's in the middle of nowhere (:lol: just kidding Belfry guys), but I think it's well worth the drive. :thumb:

Not a Kentucky stadium but my all time favorite stadium is Withrow in Cincinnati. The band is not to shaby either.:thumb:

Hey, I'm impressed that I actually posted a picture. That is Withrow stadium in Cincinnati.

Hey, I'm impressed that I actually posted a picture. That is Withrow stadium in Cincinnati.

VEry cool -- thanks Henry. I find it really interesting to see all of these different venues. Thanks again for sharing.:clap:

[ATTACH]32264[/ATTACH]

Trinity's Marshall Stadium

Notice the luxury suits in the picture. You don't find those in many High School stadiums. What you don't see in this picture is the Marshall Training center located behind the stadium. It puts alot of college facilities to shame.