Middlesboro vs Belfry predictions

Pick the winner!  

118 members have voted

1. 1. Pick the winner!

• Belfry by 7 or more
    • Belfry by 6 or less
    • Middlesboro by 7 or more
    • Middlesboro by 6 or less

Middlesboro is a very hard place for an opposing team to win, and so is Belfry, simple as that! It does seem that there are more "missed" calls and such at these places, especially in close games, but that is all a part of the advantage. That being said, I do not blame the officials so much because the fans make the atmosphere such that it is hard to call the game even much of the time.

We gave the mud away to the middle school!

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm glad that no one outside of Middlesboro is giving us a chance In this game.

Maybe our boys will come out Friday night and play like there capable of playing.

I've said all alone that IF Middlesboro comes out and plays just about mistake free football that NO TEAM in this region can beat us and I will stand by my statement.

We might not be as deep as some of the other teams in this region but this Yellow Jacket team is very talented and NO team this season thus far has stopped us and that includes Leslie County.

0-2 turnovers we will have a chance.

3+ turnovers and it's all over.

I would like to see Midd. pull the upset. However, it's just not going to happen. If Midd. can get out of there without getting embarrassed they will be lucky.

Midd. 0

Belfry - what ever they choose

Middlesboro cannot turn the ball over and they must tackle better to have any shot at all at beating Belfry. Middlesboro has the athletes to win, but it seems to me that they are always looking to make the spectacular play instead of the basic fundamental plays that you must make to beat good teams like Belfry.

Belfry 35 - Middlesboro 28

I don't think that Middlesboro is experienced enough to play with the Pirates. I know that Belfry had to replace what was arguably the best backfield to come out of Belfry High School, but I have to give a ton of respect to Matt, Corey and Dustin for stepping up and taking over.

I don't think the Pirates are ready to hang up their cleats just yet, so they will dig in and get ready for week 3 of the playoffs.

Belfry 36

Middlesboro 20

One more thing.....I hereby challenge all Belfry fans to have CAM Stadium rocking this Friday night. I haven't seen or felt the Pirate Spirit come to life in the new facilities yet and I think it's about dang time they did!!!! Let's go Belfry!

Im with you Pirate Pal... The Death Valley Atmosphere hasn't been there...

I don't think that Middlesboro is experienced enough to play with the Pirates. I know that Belfry had to replace what was arguably the best backfield to come out of Belfry High School, but I have to give a ton of respect to Matt, Corey and Dustin for stepping up and taking over.

I don't think the Pirates are ready to hang up their cleats just yet, so they will dig in and get ready for week 3 of the playoffs.

Belfry 36

Middlesboro 20

IMO, its not debatable. That was the best backfield to come out of EKY in at least 25 years.

If anything is arguable, it would be which backfield as a whole was better, '03 (P. Howard, Childer, D. Howard & Jones) or '04 (Warren, Childers, D. Howard & Jones).

Middlesboro will get a taste of Belfry's home-field "advantage" Friday night IMO. Kind of ironic that they would get a dose of their own medicine as far as that goes. Good luck to both teams and I hope that there are no injuries.

This is a funny statement considering the worst homecooking that I have ever seen took place in Brethitt Co. in 2000. The winning touchdown was dropped by a receiver. WYMT showed it on TV and everybody at the game seen him drop it, even the receiver put his hands on his helment in disgust after dropping it. But somehow the referee called it a catch.

IMO, its not debatable. That was the best backfield to come out of EKY in at least 25 years.

If anything is arguable, it would be which backfield as a whole was better, '03 (P. Howard, Childer, D. Howard & Jones) or '04 (Warren, Childers, D. Howard & Jones).

I used that word for lack of something else. I, too, think they were the best period. Although, we all know that some will begin to name a few that they think was comparable, just for the sake of argument. ;)

I used that word for lack of something else. I, too, think they were the best period. Although, we all know that some will begin to name a few that they think was comparable, just for the sake of argument. ;)

Pikeville fans used to argue, but they didin't say much after last year's 30-0 score in which our backs ran wild. :D