Middlesboro vs Belfry predictions

Pick the winner!  

118 members have voted

1. 1. Pick the winner!

• Belfry by 7 or more
    • Belfry by 6 or less
    • Middlesboro by 7 or more
    • Middlesboro by 6 or less

IMO, its not debatable. That was the best backfield to come out of EKY in at least 25 years.

If anything is arguable, it would be which backfield as a whole was better, '03 (P. Howard, Childer, D. Howard & Jones) or '04 (Warren, Childers, D. Howard & Jones).

I dont know about that. Middlesboro had a great backfield in 1998 when they won the state championship. They had David Kelley, Scott Powell, and Jeremy Skidmore at QB. Each of them, including the QB, rushed for over 1500 yards that season with about 50 rushing TDs between them.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pikeville fans used to argue, but they didin't say much after last year's 30-0 score in which our backs ran wild. :D

Pikeville's great backfield hung 39 on Belfry one of those championship years :flame: , not going to argue which was better. Both got the job done in a big way.

I dont know about that. Middlesboro had a great backfield in 1998 when they won the state championship. They had David Kelley, Scott Powell, and Jeremy Skidmore at QB. Each of them, including the QB, rushed for over 1500 yards that season with about 50 rushing TDs between them.

And in 2003 every Middlsboro defensive player ran a 4.2 40 yard dash and benched press the yellow short bus. :D

Not trying to call you out in particular, but most of the Middlesboro fans on here exaggerate so much I don't know what to believe and what not wo anymore.

I do remember hearing a lot about their QB and LB though.

And in 2003 every Middlsboro defensive player ran a 4.2 40 yard dash and benched press the yellow short bus. :D

Not trying to call you out in particular, but most of the Middlesboro fans on here exaggerate so much I don't know what to believe and what not wo anymore.

I do remember hearing a lot about their QB and LB though.

Fair enough, I will get some exact statistics for you soon. I don't have them on me right now.

That backfield however was outstanding. Both had great break away speed, Kelley with more agility that year and Powell with more power. They combined for 3 TDs in the state championship against a very tough Mayfield team.

Jeremy Skidmore was offered a scholarship by EKU but decided to sign for a D1 baseball scholarship instead to ETSU.

Like I said, I will get back to you with some statistics.

I think Belfry wins this week though, don't get me wrong.

Fair enough, I will get some exact statistics for you soon. I don't have them on me right now.

That backfield however was outstanding. Both had great break away speed, Kelley with more agility that year and Powell with more power. They combined for 3 TDs in the state championship against a very tough Mayfield team.

Jeremy Skidmore was offered a scholarship by EKU but decided to sign for a D1 baseball scholarship instead to ETSU.

Like I said, I will get back to you with some statistics.

I think Belfry wins this week though, don't get me wrong.

Middlesboro still 1 year away from serious contention in your opinion???

Thats what I thought when I saw them last year, but you never know how much a kid is gonna grow or develop.

IMO, its not debatable. That was the best backfield to come out of EKY in at least 25 years.

If anything is arguable, it would be which backfield as a whole was better, '03 (P. Howard, Childer, D. Howard & Jones) or '04 (Warren, Childers, D. Howard & Jones).

I know this if off topic for this thread, but it is very debatable. Thomas, Hutt and Johnson from Ashland 1990 were IMO, better. Also the Russell backfield of Frasure, Brown, Cross in 93 and the Lawrence Co teams with West are comparable.

I know this if off topic for this thread, but it is very debatable. Thomas, Hutt and Johnson from Ashland 1990 were IMO, better. Also the Russell backfield of Frasure, Brown, Cross in 93 and the Lawrence Co teams with West are comparable.

I agree with you on Ashland, but this has nothing to do with Ashland! Please start a thread about the best three runninng backs in the world some place other than the Belfry Middlesboro thread! The three backs for Belfry will take Middlesboro to school in 2005! Then I hope the same for the winner of the Sheldon Clack/ Leslie and then maybe we will be able to discuss Russell and Belfry! End of story!

I agree with you on Ashland, but this has nothing to do with Ashland! Please start a thread about the best three runninng backs in the world some place other than the Belfry Middlesboro thread! The three backs for Belfry will take Middlesboro to school in 2005! Then I hope the same for the winner of the Sheldon Clack/ Leslie and then maybe we will be able to discuss Russell and Belfry! End of story!

I know it was off topic and said so. But, it was only a response to an earlier post in this thread. I did not intend to start a discussion about Russell and Belfry and do not care to unless they meet later on.

I guess that was a PS to the story.

The debate was started by a Belfry fan he was just adding comments.

The debate was started by a Belfry fan he was just adding comments.

It has deteriorated this thread and took away from it no matter who started it! This is my last post in this thread due to the direction that it has taken, so I could care less what is discussed! I would love to see more on the game, but I guess everyone wants to talk about the running backs of the past. Maybe we can talk about Maynard, Chapman and May in 2010!

It has deteriorated this thread and took away from it no matter who started it! This is my last post in this thread due to the direction that it has taken, so I could care less what is discussed! I would love to see more on the game, but I guess everyone wants to talk about the running backs of the past. Maybe we can talk about Maynard, Chapman and May in 2010!

Want a little cheese with that wine?? :rolleyes: