Week 0 Matchups (August 20-21)Where are the best games?

If a team plays in Week Zero, does that mean they will have a week off before the playoffs begin?
Yes, if you play in week zero, then you give up one scrimmage and you get an open week at some point during the season.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the Boyle-JC game if its in Week Zero will be the most intriguing game for the reason stated: a hard running team matched up against a D with one of the best high school LBs in the country. Plus, add in the revenge factor, the game being at JC and the talk last year of Matney cancelling the game because he was upset with Boyle's playcalling in the 4th quarter and a big lead, and I think that game and the atmosphere will be electric.

I do also like the Highlands vs Manual match up. A return visit by Dr. Oliver to Highlands after having his Bryan Station team almost pull off the playoff upset in 08. I think he'll be jacked up for that game and will have his kids jacked up too.

Trinity at Highlands. But in will be in week -1. LOL, This will be the best of the best for 2010 in the state of KY and its only a scrimmage. WOW!!! Things are starting to heat up in Ft Thomas tonite and its still a week away. Go Birds 20n10

IPlus, add in the revenge factor, the game being at JC and the talk last year of Matney cancelling the game because he was upset with Boyle's playcalling in the 4th quarter and a big lead, .

If HSSRB were still posting he would say that's "rich." Coach Matney ran a fake XP reverse pass against CCH last year late in the game when he was up by about 28 points.

CM

Could you tell me / us more about the OC Kickoff Classic ?? NOt familiar with it. Thanks .

Just sent you a PM, Jim....

The OC Kickoff Classic has been around since 1999 and features the Oldham schools each pitted against a visiting school.

In Northeastern KY, the Ashland @ Greenup County game will be an interesting game on the 20th. Greenup has 20 seniors and have been boasting of great strides in the weight room and on the practice field. Ashland, will arguably be the best team in the area and will travel for the opening game for only the second time in Coach Hart's tenure. It should be a great atmosphere in Lloyd, KY.