Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Track the Reds (2nd Half, Week 1)

Featured Replies

The Reds start the 2nd half with a 1 game lead over the Cards. What about the 1st half of the season surprised you, or impressed, and what about the 1st half was a disappointment. What do you expect from the Reds in the 2nd half, and how do you think the 2nd half will play out as far as the Central division title goes?

  • Replies 132
  • Views 15.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think that if the Reds' playoff drought continues, we need only think back to the lost weekend in Philly.

 

I also think that the best thing the Reds could do for the second half is trade Coco and Dusty to the Rockies for Jim Tracy. And they should do it prior to the Rockies' series.

 

I also think that the fact that Cards haven't won a division since '54 when trailing at the All-Star break means zilch. In fact, if anything, the Law of Averages, would suggest an outcome against the Redlegs. However, the stat is meaningless for '10.

 

I also believe that Dusty Baker will cost the team another 6-7 games in the second half. He is a very poor "close game" manager.

 

I believe that, despite it's manager and it's recent history, this team can remain in the race until the end. The Cards are pretty mediocre right now and 87 or 88 wins may be enough.

I am a life long Reds fan an am happy they are in contention but not happy at where they stand. The Reds have lost at least five games 1-0 and have given away another seven or eight games due to Coco and stupid decisions by Dusty in close games including two huge leads in the ninth innings. Reds should have a seven game lead or more and maybe the best record in baseball. That is why I am not real happy and very confident going into the second half. I think we need to get a bat and maybe a middle reliever.

The Reds have a lot of pitching, and Alonso, to deal. They will do something to get better thats is for sure. Same with the Cardinals though. Bill DeWitt Jr. has "turned general manager John Mozeliak loose" to find a starting pitcher. Great race going on in the Central and it's only going to get better.

I heard them say today while I was watching the game that the Reds actually had an easier schedule so far when compared to the Cardinals. They do not have to travel to the West Coast anymore, while the Reds still have to play @ the Dodgers, Giants, and Padres. It worries me a little, but I'm confident that the Reds can make the playoffs. Hope they make me happy.

 

I'm interested to see if they make any moves.

I think that if the Reds' playoff drought continues, we need only think back to the lost weekend in Philly.

 

I also think that the best thing the Reds could do for the second half is trade Coco and Dusty to the Rockies for Jim Tracy. And they should do it prior to the Rockies' series.

 

I also think that the fact that Cards haven't won a division since '54 when trailing at the All-Star break means zilch. In fact, if anything, the Law of Averages, would suggest an outcome against the Redlegs. However, the stat is meaningless for '10.

 

I also believe that Dusty Baker will cost the team another 6-7 games in the second half. He is a very poor "close game" manager.

 

I believe that, despite it's manager and it's recent history, this team can remain in the race until the end. The Cards are pretty mediocre right now and 87 or 88 wins may be enough.

 

You know my thoughts on the "Toothpick" but everytime I say something negative about him all of Dusty's boys come out in force to defend him. It will be real scary if the Red's make the playoffs and have to play someone with a good trio of starters. Dusty can't help this team win close games. He doesn't have a quick enough trigger finger.

I hope the past weekend vs. Philly is not an indication of things to come. Those losses were painful. If the NY Yankees lost a 7-1 lead in the 9th inning it would be major breaking news on all sports shows across the nation.

In the past they have played the first half of the season like world champs but then have folded like an accordian down the stretch. Hopefully they will hold on this year.

I heard them say today while I was watching the game that the Reds actually had an easier schedule so far when compared to the Cardinals. They do not have to travel to the West Coast anymore, while the Reds still have to play @ the Dodgers, Giants, and Padres. It worries me a little, but I'm confident that the Reds can make the playoffs. Hope they make me happy.

 

I'm interested to see if they make any moves.

 

Here is what the Red's schedule looks like the second half:

 

Home 6 - Mil 3 - Pit 3 - Chi 3 - Hou 4 - Was 3 - Col 3 - Fla 3 - Atl 3 - Stl 3 - Ari

Away 6- Hou 6 - Mil 3 - Pit 3 - Chi 3 - Stl 3 - SD 4 - Col 3 - Ari 3 - LA 3 - SF

 

The West coast swing to Ariz, LA and SF scares me. They should see some pretty good pitching in that one. They do finish at home against Houston (3) and Milwaukee (3). Let's hope it doesn't come down to that last weekend.

Serious question...

 

How much does Price have to do with pulling pitchers or deciding which relievers gets brought in? I know Dusty is the manager, but I would think that pitching coach would have quite a bit to do with it because he should knows those pitchers better than anyone.

[[/b]

I hope the past weekend vs. Philly is not an indication of things to come. Those losses were painful. If the NY Yankees lost a 7-1 lead in the 9th inning it would be major breaking news on all sports shows across the nation.

In the past they have played the first half of the season like world champs but then have folded like an accordian down the stretch. Hopefully they will hold on this year.

 

I'm trying to remember that in the past. When's the last season the Reds led the division at the All Star break?

1999 and we all know how that year ended! :irked:

1999 and we all know how that year ended! :irked:

 

Yep, I went to the "playin" game. My point was that we have no recent history of the team being in 1st at the break and then folding. Let's accentuate the positive here. A 1st place team that has solid starting pitching, good D, and a decent offence. I feel pretty good about them.

We were in 1st place in 1999 at the All Star break was the point I was tryin to make.

The Reds to miss Ubaldo this series with Colorado. He will start on Monday in Florida.

The Reds to miss Ubaldo this series with Colorado. He will start on Monday in Florida.

 

Good news!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.