Track the Reds (2nd Half, Week 1)

LRCW

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My point was about why he isn't in the rotation this weekend ... nothing more, nothing less.

And you honestly think the reason is that the Rockies are trying to be careful with him? I think we'll see more of high pitch counts in the 2nd half. I'm not trying to argue with you, just want your honest opinion.

And you honestly think the reason is that the Rockies are trying to be careful with him? I think we'll see more of high pitch counts in the 2nd half.
Why else would they give him extra rest after pitching in the All-Star Game?

Don't know, that's why I'm still skeptical.
Well, if you notice, they've kept his pitch counts below 110 recently, even in his best outings.

Certainly, he hasn't pitched well lately, not that he was ever going to keep up his blistering early pace.

I suspect the Rockies have decided to play it safe with him ... a wise move on their part.

One of his two 128 counts was his no-hitter ... the other one was a shutout. I'm not an advocate of any pitcher throwing that many pitches in a game, but obviously the Rockies were letting him go for the milestones.

When are the Reds releasing their rotation and when will Strasburg pitch vs. Reds?

No idea, but Strasburg will throw Wednesday the 21st because he is throwing tonight and that is when he will be due up next. So get ahead of the game and get your tickets now for it.

On Jiminez's Yahoo player page, it lists him as starting tomorrow. However, under the news and notes section, it says, "RHP Ubaldo Jimenez won't pitch for the Rockies after the All-Star break until July 19 at Florida. Jimenez is being held back until the fourth game so he can relax after the All-Star Game on Tuesday and after attending the ESPY awards ceremony the following night in Los Angeles."

No idea, but Strasburg will throw Wednesday the 21st because he is throwing tonight and that is when he will be due up next. So get ahead of the game and get your tickets now for it.

I'll be there! Hoping for a 1-0 Redlegs win.

I'm missing it by one game darn!!! I get to sit in my company's executive suite for the game on Tuesday, I was really hoping Strasburg was going to pitch that game. Oh well can't get the best of both worlds.

Reds sign Russ Springer a 41 yr old right handed relief pitcher who hasn't pitched since 2009. Does anyone else wonder what the heck is going on here? Can this guy help this bullpen more than someone we already have inside the organization?

Reds sign Russ Springer a 41 yr old right handed relief pitcher who hasn't pitched since 2009. Does anyone else wonder what the heck is going on here? Can this guy help this bullpen more than someone we already have inside the organization?

His recent stints with Houston and St. Louis were pretty productive. But I'm leery as well about someone who hasn't pitched in so long.

4 other teams made him offers. They must have seen something as well.