Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

I love parents...

Featured Replies

Yesterday my neighbor had his bike stolen. A group of kids had made the journey into Ft. Thomas and were hanging out across the street from our house. After my neighbors left they crossed the street and took his bike out of his yard. The kids were from very young (10-12) from Newport and were in Fort Thomas hanging out for no reason. The group also got three other bikes during their trip. Let's just say that the 2 of the kids were caught and told the police officer where to find the bike. When they went to that house, the mother yelled at the police officer and demanded to see a warrant??? If my kid has a bike that I know that I didn't buy him, I'm asking questions of my kid. If police come asking about that same bike, my boys better hope that they arrest them and take them away b/c they'll be safer in jail than at home. What is wrong w/ some parents?

What is wrong w/ some parents?

 

They despise authority and instill that same feeling in their children?

They are too lazy to discipline their children and take it personally when others do?

They believe the police are the enemy, usually because something they are doing isn't legal anyways?

All the above?

Her 10-12 year old is in a different city with a group of kids and comes home with a bike she didn't buy him, then the police come and ask about THAT bike. Mexi, I think you meant "parents" and "mother".

They despise authority and instill that same feeling in their children?

They are too lazy to discipline their children and take it personally when others do?

They believe the police are the enemy, usually because something they are doing isn't legal anyways?

All the above?

 

Exactly

Yesterday my neighbor had his bike stolen. A group of kids had made the journey into Ft. Thomas and were hanging out across the street from our house. After my neighbors left they crossed the street and took his bike out of his yard. The kids were from very young (10-12) from Newport and were in Fort Thomas hanging out for no reason. The group also got three other bikes during their trip. Let's just say that the 2 of the kids were caught and told the police officer where to find the bike. When they went to that house, the mother yelled at the police officer and demanded to see a warrant??? If my kid has a bike that I know that I didn't buy him, I'm asking questions of my kid. If police come asking about that same bike, my boys better hope that they arrest them and take them away b/c they'll be safer in jail than at home. What is wrong w/ some parents?
Depends of the total value of the bikes stolen, but lets just say the thefts qualify as grand larceny. If I'm the cops, I get the warrant, then arrest her boy, then her as an accessory and for possession of stolen goods. If the parent is not going to be a parent, then let them serve as an example.

I didn't think Ft Thomas allowed people from Newport into their city? Who knew.

I didn't think Ft Thomas allowed people from Newport into their city? Who knew.
A lot of people that live in Ft. Thomas came from Newport. Like me.

 

Funny joke, though. :thumb:

If the bike was at the ladies house, the cops should tell her that she would get nailed for recieving stolen property. Maybe she would cooperate then.

Glad I wasn't the only person that got the anti-Newport vibe. I'm not sure why it was significant to Mex that the kids were from Newport, especially if the overarching theme of the post is that some parents just don't get it. Trust me...there are parents that "just don't get it" it every city...even Fort Thomas. Oh, and while we're at it...I'm guessing that there are probably Fort Thomas kids that have, at some point, come into Newport and done something illegal. In fact, I could probably even share a couple stories to illustrate that fact, but I won't. The point is that it's not just those darn Newport kids that get caught up in trouble. It happens everywhere....even in Fort Thomas.

Glad I wasn't the only person that got the anti-Newport vibe. I'm not sure why it was significant to Mex that the kids were from Newport, especially if the overarching theme of the post is that some parents just don't get it. Trust me...there are parents that "just don't get it" it every city...even Fort Thomas. Oh, and while we're at it...I'm guessing that there are probably Fort Thomas kids that have, at some point, come into Newport and done something illegal. In fact, I could probably even share a couple stories to illustrate that fact, but I won't. The point is that it's not just those darn Newport kids that get caught up in trouble. It happens everywhere....even in Fort Thomas.

 

:thumb:

Yesterday my neighbor had his bike stolen. A group of kids had made the journey into Ft. Thomas and were hanging out across the street from our house. After my neighbors left they crossed the street and took his bike out of his yard. The kids were from very young (10-12) from Newport and were in Fort Thomas hanging out for no reason. The group also got three other bikes during their trip. Let's just say that the 2 of the kids were caught and told the police officer where to find the bike. When they went to that house, the mother yelled at the police officer and demanded to see a warrant??? If my kid has a bike that I know that I didn't buy him, I'm asking questions of my kid. If police come asking about that same bike, my boys better hope that they arrest them and take them away b/c they'll be safer in jail than at home. What is wrong w/ some parents?

 

I love stupid people. She shoul read about Probable Cause. Then she would understand.

Yesterday my neighbor had his bike stolen. A group of kids had made the journey into Ft. Thomas and were hanging out across the street from our house. After my neighbors left they crossed the street and took his bike out of his yard. The kids were from very young (10-12) from Newport and were in Fort Thomas hanging out for no reason. The group also got three other bikes during their trip. Let's just say that the 2 of the kids were caught and told the police officer where to find the bike. When they went to that house, the mother yelled at the police officer and demanded to see a warrant??? If my kid has a bike that I know that I didn't buy him, I'm asking questions of my kid. If police come asking about that same bike, my boys better hope that they arrest them and take them away b/c they'll be safer in jail than at home. What is wrong w/ some parents?

 

Problem solved. Just kidding, but seriously...

Problem solved. Just kidding, but seriously...

 

I spent the first 14 years of my life in Newport. I've never stolen a thing and if my parents would have even thought I did, I wouldn't have been able to sit down for a week. but seriously. :idunno:

Its everywhere, I think Mex was just trying to paint a picture that the boys were from another city and not slamming Newport. Heck I was driving through Bellevue the other day where I grew up and I come to a stop sign where I see this picture. A teen girl holding a 1 yr old on her hip while her assumed boyfriend is screaming at her while trying to hold his pants up. Kid has his hat turned sideways, no shirt, tattoos and is cussing at this girl holding the baby while 3 other teens just look on. About a block down the street two cruisers are parked and a 40 yr old woman with tattoos is pointing her finger at a police officer yelling at him and the cop is just staring at her. I kept driving but man what a scene and obvious show of lack or respect for police officers and the way that kid was yelling at that girl, if I didnt have my 3 yr old in the car I would have pulled over and got out. Its thugs like that who need a lesson taught to them.

 

My point is there is riff raff everywhere and its unfortunate but it is what it is.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.