Track the Reds (Week 13)

LRCW

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would you rather lose a tough 9 inning game OR stage a furious 2 out rally to tie the game, only to lose in the next half inning.

Really tough loss and it doesn't get any easier tomorrow.

Reds will beat Halladay tomorrow. Seriously, anybody know the Reds record on Business Day Specials this year?

How would you like to pay $230 per ticket to sit in the Diamond Seats and have to watch the 9th inning rally through a view obstructed by a parade of goof balls standing in the aisle to get into the centerfield-to-homeplate television shot? Where the heck are the ushers?? Great comeback in the 9th. The Phils hit Sir Arthur pretty hard, but a smidge more defense might have gotten him out of the inning.

How would you like to pay $230 per ticket to sit in the Diamond Seats and have to watch the 9th inning rally through a view obstructed by a parade of goof balls standing in the aisle to get into the centerfield-to-homeplate television shot? Where the heck are the ushers?? Great comeback in the 9th. The Phils hit Sir Arthur pretty hard, but a smidge more defense might have gotten him out of the inning.

You know I thought the very same thing. I told myself if I were in those seats I would have had to hit one of those idiots trying to start the wave.

Seriously, this is a tough loss. The Reds fought hard & battled back, only to lose it again. But one game is not nearly as important as the remaining 13 games before the All Star Break.

One question: I did not watch the game, but listened to a few innings on the radio. Why did Dusty Baker let Leake hit in the 6th inning, with 2 outs & a runner on 2nd, only to take Leake out and have Herrerra start the 7th inning on the mound? I realize that Leake is a good hitter, but why not give someone with a little more pop a chance? Hernandez was the runner on 2nd (he had just roped an RBI double) and he's slow as molasses. It'd take a double for him to score from 2nd, even with 2 outs. I don't get it...