Boone County's Trevan Brown Offer to Miami

Trevan has committed to Miami O.

Congrats and stay away from the sorority girls.

Congratulations Trevan and the Brown family!!!

I think this is a perfect fit for him!!!!

Good Luck this year with the Rebels on the field and on the hardwood!!!

Football Player + Sorority Girls + Miami, OH = Can life get any better for this young man?

Congrats again and good luck at Miami!!!

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Scared me for a second, I thought it was the "other" Miami. I love KY football, but I don't want any of the instate boys anywhere near my team, the U. Well, I guess they could take Dawson from Boyle, he seems like a really high level player.

The U haven't done much of anything with the players they are getting lately.

The U haven't done much of anything with the players they are getting lately.

9-4 with a top 15 national ranking coming into this year. It would take anyone a long time to clean up the mess Larry Coker made.

Look me up and say that again in late December.

9-4 with a top 15 national ranking coming into this year. It would take anyone a long time to clean up the mess Larry Coker made.

Look me up and say that again in late December.

9-4 is average I don't think they will ever get back to Championship Seasons.

Scared me for a second, I thought it was the "other" Miami. I love KY football, but I don't want any of the instate boys anywhere near my team, the U. Well, I guess they could take Dawson from Boyle, he seems like a really high level player.

Are you implying that these kids aren't good enough! Because, personally I think a majority of the kids "instate" have too much class to play for the U. Kentucky has a ton of kids with great individual talent that are also considered high level players to me.

From what I hear Brown scored too high on the ACT for the U.

9-4 is average I don't think they will ever get back to Championship Seasons.

Yup 9-4 is average for a team with arguably the nation's toughest schedule, a first year starting QB, and a defense missing their two most talented D-Linemen in Forston and Ojomo.

True sophomore QB & WRs, best CB was a true sophomore, best LB was a true sophomore. The TE was a converted BBall player in his first year playing football, and the teams best RB was only a year removed from being a DB. Starting out the season with 4 nationally ranked opponents on top of all of that and getting to 9-4 is average, I'll live with that. You have to remember that even Tebow's sophomore year they didn't do any better than that with a proven coach in Meyer, and the teams were built pretty similarly, though Miami doesn't have a Tebow or Harvin obviously. Maybe they won't win a title again soon, but they are far from an average football team going forward and to be quite honest with you have no business recruiting the state of KY for talent, there is more than enough in their back yard. Next.

Yup 9-4 is average for a team with arguably the nation's toughest schedule, a first year starting QB, and a defense missing their two most talented D-Linemen in Forston and Ojomo.

True sophomore QB & WRs, best CB was a true sophomore, best LB was a true sophomore. The TE was a converted BBall player in his first year playing football, and the teams best RB was only a year removed from being a DB. Starting out the season with 4 nationally ranked opponents on top of all of that and getting to 9-4 is average, I'll live with that. You have to remember that even Tebow's sophomore year they didn't do any better than that with a proven coach in Meyer, and the teams were built pretty similarly, though Miami doesn't have a Tebow or Harvin obviously. Maybe they won't win a title again soon, but they are far from an average football team going forward and to be quite honest with you have no business recruiting the state of KY for talent, there is more than enough in their back yard. Next.

This is not Miami U talk this is about Brown playing Center for the Redhawks.

Are you implying that these kids aren't good enough! Because, personally I think a majority of the kids "instate" have too much class to play for the U. Kentucky has a ton of kids with great individual talent that are also considered high level players to me.

It's not that they're not good players. It takes a different kind of player an athlete to play at Miami, or Florida, or any other really high level program. Even UK is too high for the majority of the state's best players.

Over the last decade or so I would have taken (hypothetically speaking of course) Mike Bush, Brohm, and Woodson and that's about it. I would consider guys like Keenan Burton, Jacob Tamme, or Micah Johnson though. I know I'm missing a player or two, but there just are not many players in KY that I would want playing for my favorite college team. That sounds awful I know, but I'm not saying it as a bad thing. I'm not trying to diss KY kids because I wish we had more really high major talent, the state is just not at that level yet.

Also too much class is ridiculous. Miami has had one arrest under Shannon, and provides a pretty good, private education. This ain't the 80s man.

So I guess the Ky recruits at Notre Dame this year couldn't play for the U? Furthermore, Joker Phillips has made it a UK mission to recruit heavily in the state of Kentucky. I guess he just wants to build a low level team according to your interpretation. No this isn't the 80's and with today's technology any good scouting college that puts in the work, can find high level talent these days that exist even in little ole Ky. It takes a different kind of player to play division I football period, not just for the U. The U just seem to run a scheme that requires speed. But along with that speed, you need linemen, and players such as long snappers punters and place kickers. Yep, I'm sure those type of high level players can only be found in Florida........The reputation of the U will always be what it has been, regardless of who's coaching.

So I guess the Ky recruits at Notre Dame this year couldn't play for the U? Furthermore, Joker Phillips has made it a UK mission to recruit heavily in the state of Kentucky. I guess he just wants to build a low level team according to your interpretation. No this isn't the 80's and with today's technology any good scouting college that puts in the work, can find high level talent these days that exist even in little ole Ky. It takes a different kind of player to play division I football period, not just for the U. The U just seem to run a scheme that requires speed. But along with that speed, you need linemen, and players such as long snappers punters and place kickers. Yep, I'm sure those type of high level players can only be found in Florida........The reputation of the U will always be what it has been, regardless of who's coaching.

Like who Collinsworth? Thanks but no thanks. I'll take guys like Travis Benjamin over him any day of the week.

Didn't say it was just for the U, you don't see Florida or USC buring up KY for recruits, outside of the occasional one or two players here or there. And most LS don't get schollies. Who cares where a kicker or punter comes from?

KY competition is weak compared to traditional football states, so those state produce infinitely more division 1 players. It's really not a hard concept. Don't get me wrong I want KY kids to succeed, I just wouldn't be pumped if the team I followed came up here looking for players because they don't need to. How many players in the NFL are from KY? How many D1 kids? How many from Florida? Thanks.