World Cup Soccer--Annoying!

hurricane

I am not a huge fan of soccer. It just wasnt around here much when I was growing up. So, the attitude was, soccer was for kids that weren't tough enough for football (although I know now that soccer is a physically demanding sport to play).

World Cup is annoying with all those horns blowing constantly. I honestly tried to watch some matches and all I can take is about two minutes of that annoying buzzing sound.:isurrender:

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Martin Fennelly had a great piece on this in the Tampa Trib this morning.

I don't care. Vuvu grew on me. What's the real harm? Audio filtering is the wrong way to go, because it also filters out crowd noise, which is what the World Cup is all about. And media complaints make me laugh. Really, is anything funnier than ESPN's Skip Bayless railing against annoying noise?

Click here to read the full column.

I, too, cannot stand those dang horns. Makes me want to punch a baby penguin. That sound of a thousand goats being slaughtered gives me a headache.

And who wants to put the TV on mute? It's a TV for petes sake....why would I bother to watch something if I have to watch it on mute just to make it bearable? And then if it's on mute, the likelihood of me falling asleep from boredom will only double.

World Cup is annoying with all those horns blowing constantly. I honestly tried to watch some matches and all I can take is about two minutes of that annoying buzzing sound.:isurrender:

Those horns are sort of an unfortunate South African thing. Don't let that cloud your view of the event - typically you hear songs and chants from the crowd, with is usually more auditorially pleasing. When it goes to Brazil in 2014 and then likely England in 2018, you are almost certain NOT to hear the vuvuzelas!

The best part about the World Cup...if you don't want to watch it, you don't have too!

For everyone who gets annoyed don't watch it. These threads are getting old and its only been a week.

The best part about threads like this..........if you don't want to read them, you don't have too.

Believe me, I stopped! I really did try to get into it because I generally am a sports fan. But unfortuantely, the horns were just too annoying.

I agree, I have not ever been a soccer fan, but I honestly tried to watch a match and got a headache from that noice. I didn't even know what it was at the time, it was just constant.

The best part about the World Cup...if you don't want to watch it, you don't have too!

For everyone who gets annoyed don't watch it. These threads are getting old and its only been a week.

Dude, it is a discussion board, with out the discussion there is no board.