Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Izzo To Stay At Michigan State

Featured Replies

  • Author

I can't say that I blame him. If LBJ is there, it's a great job. Without him, it's too big of a risk. Since nobody knows what he's going to do, I don't think you can take the job.

Doesn't suprise me at all that Izzo decided not to leave. He is arguably the best coach in the NCAA. Not many coaches can gaurentee that they can get you to a Final Four in a four year span, he has proven to do so.

I can't say that I blame him. If LBJ is there, it's a great job. Without him, it's too big of a risk. Since nobody knows what he's going to do, I don't think you can take the job.

Does Izzo's action reveal what James' decision is?

Does Izzo's action reveal what James' decision is?

 

I don't think LeBron knows what he's going to do. He's going to have a tough choice, leaving his home town team and more money for a big stage.

I don't think LeBron knows what he's going to do. He's going to have a tough choice, leaving his home town team and more money for a big stage.

 

Do you really think he does not know what he is going to do? I am torn on his mindset with this. I want to believe he has a tremendous amount of loyalty to his hometown team, but he has never really shown that he is a pro-Cleveland type guy.

I believe that LeBron knows that he will stay in Cleveland, but he enjoys the attention of making everyone wait.

Izzo is a good coach. He has proven that at MSU. Now it will be interesting to see who Cleveland tries to get next.

Do you really think he does not know what he is going to do? I am torn on his mindset with this. I want to believe he has a tremendous amount of loyalty to his hometown team, but he has never really shown that he is a pro-Cleveland type guy.

 

Yes. I think he's completely torn. He loves the attention and I think he wants to leave, but I think part of him feels like he has to stay. IMO, from what I've read, he:

-Feels like he has to stay in Cleveland and wants them to give him a reason to stay.

-Feels that Chicago is his best chance to win.

-Would love to go to NY and play on that stage.

I know it stinks to wait around, but I believe Cleveland would be smart to wait for James' decision. Obviously if he picks the Cavs then they should be able to land a quality coach. Of course the risk is if James doesn't choose Cleveland, then perhaps nobody would want to go!

Glad Izzo is staying. It is great for the college game.

I don't think LeBron knows what he's going to do. He's going to have a tough choice, leaving his home town team and more money for a big stage.

It's been said several times that Lebron can make up to $30M more in Cleveland than if he goes somewhere else, I think having a chance to win is the biggest part of this decision for him.

I'd say Izzo also just got a nice raise too. Good decision to stay though.

Izzo could not make the jump without knowing what Lebron is doing. Since Lebron doesn't know yet, Izzo made his choice. I think he made a wise choice. The Cavs without Lebron are a 25 win team with no chance at the postseason whatsoever.

 

I respect Izzo and this did nothing but confirm my positive opinion of him. He is good for college basketball and I am glad to see him stay.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.