June 1, 201016 yr Instead of threadjacking the Eric Bledsoe thread that I just read I thought I'd start my own thread on how Duke is the new benchmark of jealousy amongst most college basketball fans. I am sure most of you won't admit it, but those of you in denial will get a "come on, son" for your denial. Case in point......Duke got numerous mentions in a thread about how Eric Bledsoe's senior year of high school raised red flags. And Duke has what to do with Eric Bledsoe? Some quotes.... "would they investigate if he went to Duke" "Duke didn't lose wins because of Maggette" :lol: Good stuff. Looks to me like people are now officially jealous of Duke and truly don't 'envy your past'.and definitely don't fea
June 1, 201016 yr Only because they're the most recent team to win a title. Most were probably talking about UNC 12 months ago as well. Who cares anyways?
June 1, 201016 yr Author Yeah it is funny how much hatred and jealousy for Duke there is that they are mentioned in a majority of threads that have nothing to do with Duke. Cracks me up.:lol:
June 1, 201016 yr If you love a good college basketball program, you will have haters. On here it is more 'en vogue' to rip UK since there are more UK fans on BGP. Fine by me. The fact that a Duke fan feels the need to start this thread about how we are all jealous of Duke, ... TWICE, says it all. Oh how it does entertain me!!! KEEP IT UP!!! :thumb:
June 1, 201016 yr Author Don't know how I double posted. Sorry. Can a mod merge the two threads? My fault.
June 1, 201016 yr Author That's what I am here for Mountain Thunder. To keep it light and entertaning. All the Bledsoe stuff is boring. Let's get back to the bantering about our programs. Much more entertaining.:thumb:
June 1, 201016 yr Instead of threadjacking the Eric Bledsoe thread that I just read I thought I'd start my own thread on how Duke is the new benchmark of jealousy amongst most college basketball fans. I am sure most of you won't admit it, but those of you in denial will get a "come on, son" for your denial. Case in point......Duke got numerous mentions in a thread about how Eric Bledsoe's senior year of high school raised red flags. And Duke has what to do with Eric Bledsoe? Some quotes.... "would they investigate if he went to Duke" "Duke didn't lose wins because of Maggette" :lol: Good stuff. Looks to me like people are now officially jealous of Duke and truly don't 'envy your past'.and definitely don't fea What I find to be good stuff is saying that if someone doesn't admit they are jealous of Duke they are in denial. I couldn't care less about Duke. The fact you felt the need to start this thread shows why most non Duke fans hate Duke. The arrogance and superiority complex of most Dukies plays a bigger factor in the hatred for Duke then whether or not they win or lose.
June 1, 201016 yr Author Right. UK certainly isn't guilty of the same arrogance and self entitlement complex. It's called pride then, correct? I can admit that I feel Duke is as deserving of the hatred and jealousy especially after numerous threads about Duke isn't any good anymore because they can't get past the Sweet 16 and how Coach K has lost it. I can admit I may be overbearing at times. My new favorite Duke tee shirt is my "Order has been restored" tee shirt. Kind of in the same mold of "UK2K", "Envy our past, fear our future" and the "we are number 1 again" tee shirts that went on sale for a week.
June 1, 201016 yr Author Plus, I can handle the hate. I can't handle the ability to not be objective because of the hate.
June 1, 201016 yr Right. UK certainly isn't guilty of the same arrogance and self entitlement complex. It's called pride then, correct? I can admit that I feel Duke is as deserving and after numerous threads about Duke isn't any good anymore because they can't get past the Sweet 16 and how Coach K has lost it. My new favorite Duke tee shirt is my "Order has been restored" tee shirt. Kind of in the same mold of "UK2K", "Envy our past, fear our future" and the "we are number 1 again" tee shirts that went on sale for a week. Those were my favorite! :lol:
June 1, 201016 yr PP ... are you just now realizing people are jealous of Duke? That has been going on for many years. People like to root for the underdogs and they want to see the top dogs go down. People also get sick of the media hype the top dogs get. It is one of the reasons I have disliked Notre Dame football for years. I got so sick of ND football every Saturday and in between I had to root against them. UK fans deal with it. UNC fans deal with it. Kansas fans deal with it. You just have to deal with it a little more because you live in the heart of BBN. I am sure there are UK fans in North Carolina that deal with the Dukie fanatics just like you deal with BBN here.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.