June 5, 201016 yr I really believe this thread has run it's course. It only proved one thing. UK fans love their team, and Duke fans love their team. Isn't that the way it's supposed to be? Just so happens, there are more UK fans than Duke fans. I think we are all bored. Let's move on. This debate could/will go on until Coach K leaves Duke.
June 5, 201016 yr The purpose of this thread is a light hearted disussion about whether or not it is called hatred or jealousy because in a lot of people's eyes Duke is the number 1 media darling(Duke Vitale as well as two Dukie broadcaster/analysts in Bilas and Jay Williams, who, BTW is horrible according to most people), every Duke game is nationally televised(living in KY there is at least 1-2 UK games that I have to watch on tape delay yet I can watch every Duke game live on ESPN or FoxSports......go figure) Duke got a wrist slap by the NCAA and are the teacher's pet of the NCAA. I just think that most people wonder why it isn't their storied program that gets this treatment. Am I wrong for thinking that if the roles were reversed between Duke and UK that people would be screaming at the mountaintops that UK is deserving of such status and that I am jealous of UK? Oh wait, they already say I am jealous of UK. Personally I stay out of threads like this other than to read some of the humorous repilies but I would like to know a little background on your being a big Duke supporter. How did that come about? Did you graduate from Duke, grow up near there or did you just jump on their bandwagon sometime back? Just curious! Whatever I am fine with that. I grew up in Ky but have lived other places and I also have a favorite college football team that I root for.
June 5, 201016 yr Personally I stay out of threads like this other than to read some of the humorous repilies but I would like to know a little background on your being a big Duke supporter. How did that come about? Did you graduate from Duke, grow up near there or did you just jump on their bandwagon sometime back? Just curious! Whatever I am fine with that. I grew up in Ky but have lived other places and I also have a favorite college football team that I root for. I'm wondering about that too. PP92 is certainly a Duke fan, but most people living in Kentucky are not unless they once lived in that area or went to school there. I have some friends who are Tennessee, Louisville, or Louisville fans, wear their gear, etc. But the reason they do it is not so much that they love UT or the Cards but for what it does to all the locals when they walk in the local BP wearing a Tennessee or Duke cap. They immeadiately get attention even if it's negative. The same thing happened with my older brother when I was a youngster years ago. He rooted for the NY Yankees because everyone else in the county hated them with a passion. He's now a Reds fan like most others in the county but he went through his Yankee faze as a teen because he knew it got under everyone's skin. I don't think PP92 fits into that category because he shows so much emotion and passion when he writes about Duke. But a lot of others do. They like to take the "I'm going to pick a team that everyone else hates" attitute.
June 5, 201016 yr I'm wondering about that too. PP92 is certainly a Duke fan, but most people living in Kentucky are not unless they once lived in that area or went to school there. I have some friends who are Tennessee, Louisville, or Louisville fans, wear their gear, etc. But the reason they do it is not so much that they love UT or the Cards but for what it does to all the locals when they walk in the local BP wearing a Tennessee or Duke cap. They immeadiately get attention even if it's negative. The same thing happened with my older brother when I was a youngster years ago. He rooted for the NY Yankees because everyone else in the county hated them with a passion. He's now a Reds fan like most others in the county but he went through his Yankee faze as a teen because he knew it got under everyone's skin. I don't think PP92 fits into that category because he shows so much emotion and passion when he writes about Duke. But a lot of others do. They like to take the "I'm going to pick a team that everyone else hates" attitute. There was a thread awhile back where all of us Duke fans explained why we were fans of them and for how long. I'll try and remember and bring it back up or if somebody else can go for it.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.