Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Duke jealousy

Featured Replies

  • Author
If it's going to be a neutral site, I'd just as soon schedule somebody else. I have no interest in playing Duke (outside of the NCAA Tournament) at any venue other than Rupp Arena or Cameron Indoor Stadium.

 

If we're talking home-and-home, then there's nobody I'd love to see UK schedule more than Duke. I'd love to see the atmosphere at Rupp and Cameron if these two teams took the court...anything less, I'll feel cheated.

 

I do agree mostly, however, I am dying for a Duke/UK game regardless of the time of year or venue but it would definitely be better for both programs if it were home and home but apparently Coach K won't budge from that preference. Hopefully he'll change his mind sometime in the near future.

  • Replies 108
  • Views 11.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author
The only thing I am jealous of is the bracket Duke was given to make it to the Final 4.....lol. Duke has a great program. No one can deny that. Its amazing what they have accomplished. But for the previous 5 years I have talked about how each year they are overrated and won't go far in the tournament. I was dead on each year. This year I felt the same way the first couple months of the year. Then IMO because of Zoubek's emergence, became a great team. Nolan Smith also had a huge year after a down sophomore year. I had them going to the Elite 8 actually, which is the fartherst I had them going in my bracket since Deng was there. I think its hard to deny that Duke hasn't been anything special the last few years until this year. Now it appears Duke is back to being elite again. Getting Irving to come to Duke is huge for them too.

 

 

Irving is a huge get for Duke. Hopefully Duke can get 2 years from him. Now if they could just land Rivers in 2011......

 

 

While Duke may not have been anything special the last few years, Duke's off years consisted of not making it to the Sweet 16. UConn, UNC and UK can't make that claim as all 3 played in the NIT this past 10 years.

:lol: classic thread. I love it. I'm thinking of a shirt idea, B2BNC.

I was born in 1974. Since that time period Duke has absolutely nothing to be jealous of UK about.

 

Exactly right. People (UK fans) always bring up tradition as a trump towards Duke. I couldn't give a hoot what happened before I was born. Since I've been born, Duke has been THE PREMIER college basketball program.

Exactly right. People (UK fans) always bring up tradition as a trump towards Duke. I couldn't give a hoot what happened before I was born. Since I've been born, Duke has been THE PREMIER college basketball program.

 

Guess this is why most don't base it off your b-day...

The only thing I am jealous of is the bracket Duke was given to make it to the Final 4.....lol. Duke has a great program. No one can deny that. Its amazing what they have accomplished. But for the previous 5 years I have talked about how each year they are overrated and won't go far in the tournament. I was dead on each year. This year I felt the same way the first couple months of the year. Then IMO because of Zoubek's emergence, became a great team. Nolan Smith also had a huge year after a down sophomore year. I had them going to the Elite 8 actually, which is the fartherst I had them going in my bracket since Deng was there. I think its hard to deny that Duke hasn't been anything special the last few years until this year. Now it appears Duke is back to being elite again. Getting Irving to come to Duke is huge for them too.

 

 

For once, I agree with pretty much everything in your post. Only thing I would add is that when Duke has been "down" these past few years they are/were still top 10-15 and made the tournament and except for those two years still made the sweet 16. That's saying something about your program when you call those your down years!

Guess this is why most don't base it off your b-day...

 

Huh?

For once, I agree with pretty much everything in your post. Only thing I would add is that when Duke has been "down" these past few years they are/were still top 10-15 and made the tournament and except for those two years still made the sweet 16. That's saying something about your program when you call those your down years!

 

Well its fun when UK and Duke are both good. It is kind of a compliment that we don't like Duke, because if they weren't any good then no one would care about them. Same with UK and their haters.

The really funny thing is that Duke fans will never admit it, but they are the ones jealous of Kentucky. It doesn't matter how many titles the NCAA hands to them, or how many times the NCAA turns it's head, they will NEVER have the tradition, fan base, fan loyalty, or support that the Big Blue Nation has. Never have and never will. One more funny thing, they are not even top dog in their own state.

Hahahahaha.....while I don't care for this thread....your post is a great way to end the day....thanks for the laugh.......hahahaha

This past year's cakewalk draw they got only added to that (and it wasn't just UK fans that recognized this).

 

How was it a cakewalk? Do we need to revisit the collective RPI's of the teams they beat (two in true road games)....

Duke has been off the map for years it seems. Your avatar explains it all, they had a really good team this year.

 

4 titles in the last 19 years is quite off the map, IMO.

How was it a cakewalk? Do we need to revisit the collective RPI's of the teams they beat (two in true road games)....

 

Not buying the "true road game" theory. For one, unless you play on your home court (which you can't do in the tourney), then it's not a true road game. A true road game is playing on your opponents home court and your school gets less than 150 tickets. Let's keep it real.

  • Author
Not buying the "true road game" theory. For one, unless you play on your home court (which you can't do in the tourney), then it's not a true road game. A true road game is playing on your opponents home court and your school gets less than 150 tickets. Let's keep it real.

 

 

So if UK plays UNC in an elite 8 game in Charlotte, NC and then plays Michigan State in the National Championship in Lansing, Michigan(but not on Michigan State's campus) you wouldn't say that UK is playing as true a road game as you can play in the tourney? Let's really keep it real. Those are road games.

So if UK plays UNC in an elite 8 game in Charlotte, NC and then plays Michigan State in the National Championship in Lansing, Michigan(but not on Michigan State's campus) you wouldn't say that UK is playing as true a road game as you can play in the tourney? Let's really keep it real. Those are road games.

 

NO, I would never use that crutch. For one, it would not really bother me because I know UK would have more fans there than any opponent they would ever play, doesn't matter where the gym is. Just another way for the Duke fans to use fictitious disadvantages to inflate their egos. I was at the Final Four, Duke had no shortage of fan support. Love how you qualified "playing as true a road game as you can play". Nice to see you agree with me that's it's NOT a TRUE road game. You are really loving that "Dukeaid"........wow.

Exactly right. People (UK fans) always bring up tradition as a trump towards Duke. I couldn't give a hoot what happened before I was born. Since I've been born, Duke has been THE PREMIER college basketball program.

 

So do you feel the same way toward US History? If that were the case then my pride in country would have beeen severly tarnished having grown up during Watergate. :rolleyes:

 

Luckily I have a deep appreciation that the world neither begins with me nor ends with me. :walk:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.