Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Duke jealousy

Featured Replies

Right.

 

UK certainly isn't guilty of the same arrogance and self entitlement complex. It's called pride then, correct? I can admit that I feel Duke is as deserving of the hatred and jealousy especially after numerous threads about Duke isn't any good anymore because they can't get past the Sweet 16 and how Coach K has lost it. I can admit I may be overbearing at times. My new favorite Duke tee shirt is my "Order has been restored" tee shirt. Kind of in the same mold of "UK2K", "Envy our past, fear our future" and the "we are number 1 again" tee shirts that went on sale for a week.

 

Order has been restored.

 

I like that. Clever. When your team wins a national championship, especially when almost everyone didn't think they could do it, I think you get the right to be overbearing. I can only imagine what it will be like when/if Calipari breaks UK's drought...12 years and counting, I believe.

  • Replies 108
  • Views 11.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah it is funny how much hatred and jealousy for Duke there is that they are mentioned in a majority of threads that have nothing to do with Duke. Cracks me up.:lol:

 

Kinda like all the threads that a few on here always make it into a UK thing, correct ? :thumb: I guess all fan bases have the so called 18%. It is hilarious though, so as MT said , keep it up. :lol:

Why can't you just concentrate on the Lakers PP? :D

The really funny thing is that Duke fans will never admit it, but they are the ones jealous of Kentucky. It doesn't matter how many titles the NCAA hands to them, or how many times the NCAA turns it's head, they will NEVER have the tradition, fan base, fan loyalty, or support that the Big Blue Nation has. Never have and never will. One more funny thing, they are not even top dog in their own state.

PP, I can typically agree with you and understand where you're coming from...

 

However, the Maggette comparison is absolutely relevant and not a case of jealousy.

  • Author
Why can't you just concentrate on the Lakers PP? :D

 

I'm trying but they don't play until Thursday and it's raining today in North Myrtle Beach so it's just me and my iPhone until we find somewhere dry to hang out at.:idunno:

PP, this thread you started is very funny to me. You just can't stand it, can you? No matter what, you know Duke will never measure up to UK and will always be a "little brother" to the Big Blue. As far as why Duke was mentioned in an Eric Bledsoe thread, let me explain it to you. Like most threads on BGP, the thread evolved. It evolved into a discussion about NCAA rules and enforcement. If you can't understand why people would have questions and comments regarding Duke when it comes to NCAA consistency and enforcement of their rules, then you must have your head in the sand and you are not being very realistic. That's why Duke was mentioned in the EB thread. I really wish UK and Duke would schedule a game in the near future, but I am sure Coach K would have nothing to do with that.

  • Author
Order has been restored.

 

I like that. Clever. When your team wins a national championship, especially when almost everyone didn't think they could do it, I think you get the right to be overbearing. I can only imagine what it will be like when/if Calipari breaks UK's drought...12 years and counting, I believe.

 

Trust me, I became mentally prepared for that scenario last spring.:sssh:

  • Author
PP ... are you just now realizing people are jealous of Duke? That has been going on for many years. People like to root for the underdogs and they want to see the top dogs go down. People also get sick of the media hype the top dogs get. It is one of the reasons I have disliked Notre Dame football for years. I got so sick of ND football every Saturday and in between I had to root against them. UK fans deal with it. UNC fans deal with it. Kansas fans deal with it. You just have to deal with it a little more because you live in the heart of BBN. I am sure there are UK fans in North Carolina that deal with the Dukie fanatics just like you deal with BBN here.

 

Please believe me when I say I feel bad for those UK fans in Carolina. They get it from Duke and UNC and while my contempt for all things UNC can go without explanation, my dealings with Duke fans on a Duke message board have been less than favorable. They are arrogant and condescending if I can't stand them as a Duke fan, I can only imagine what a non Duke fan feels.

If my bringing up Maggette seemed out of place, sorry but I felt it was relevant. Just like Arthur was. My point was simple - the NCAA often does not delve out the same punishment to each group. It's historically random in the cases they punish and the ones that get less punishment.

 

If you take that as Duke hate, so be it. I'm as objective as any fan you will find in any sport or level. Any problems I have with Duke have to deal with living here in Duke/UNC country. I posted on a local sports site and was promptly told by a UNC fan and Duke fan why they hate UK so much. Funny thing was I have often been told by some Duke fans on this site that there is no animosity from Dukies towards UK. I experienced just the opposite.

 

Of course if the truth is known, every successful program has a share of arrogance that "turns off" everyone outside the loop. It goes with the turf.

  • Author
The really funny thing is that Duke fans will never admit it, but they are the ones jealous of Kentucky. It doesn't matter how many titles the NCAA hands to them, or how many times the NCAA turns it's head, they will NEVER have the tradition, fan base, fan loyalty, or support that the Big Blue Nation has. Never have and never will. One more funny thing, they are not even top dog in their own state.

 

I was born in 1974. Since that time period Duke has absolutely nothing to be jealous of UK about.

I was born in 1974. Since that time period Duke has absolutely nothing to be jealous of UK about.
College basketball did not start in 1974. :D I will never be jealous of another team because I have UK. There are some of our fans that I can do without. All teams have them we(and I always refer to UK as we) just have more.
  • Author
PP, this thread you started is very funny to me. You just can't stand it, can you? No matter what, you know Duke will never measure up to UK and will always be a "little brother" to the Big Blue. As far as why Duke was mentioned in an Eric Bledsoe thread, let me explain it to you. Like most threads on BGP, the thread evolved. It evolved into a discussion about NCAA rules and enforcement. If you can't understand why people would have questions and comments regarding Duke when it comes to NCAA consistency and enforcement of their rules, then you must have your head in the sand and you are not being very realistic. That's why Duke was mentioned in the EB thread. I really wish UK and Duke would schedule a game in the near future, but I am sure Coach K would have nothing to do with that.

 

From what I gathered Coach K wants a neutral site game and UK wants a home and home(message board speculation) Guess we'll just have to see if we can hook up in the tourney with a meaningful game.

  • Author
College basketball did not start in 1974. :D I will never be jealous of another team because I have UK. There are some of our fans that I can do without. All teams have them we(and I always refer to UK as we) just have more.

 

Exactly. I agree whole heartedly. I can say that I thoroughly enjoy all 5-6 Duke fans on BGP. Devilsillustrated.....not so much.

  • Author
If my bringing up Maggette seemed out of place, sorry but I felt it was relevant. Just like Arthur was. My point was simple - the NCAA often does not delve out the same punishment to each group. It's historically random in the cases they punish and the ones that get less punishment.

 

If you take that as Duke hate, so be it. I'm as objective as any fan you will find in any sport or level. Any problems I have with Duke have to deal with living here in Duke/UNC country. I posted on a local sports site and was promptly told by a UNC fan and Duke fan why they hate UK so much. Funny thing was I have often been told by some Duke fans on this site that there is no animosity from Dukies towards UK. I experienced just the opposite.

 

Of course if the truth is known, every successful program has a share of arrogance that "turns off" everyone outside the loop. It goes with the turf.

 

 

Until last year when Calipari got hired there really wasn't any animosity towards UK from Duke and UNC. Now that Calipari was restored the Wildcat roar it's been easy to see on message boards why here is animosity now. There have been a lot of wild and unruly UK fans trolling those message boards. I can see where there is renewed animosity between the programs.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.