Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Dixie's Pike top junior Qb in state?

Featured Replies

Didn't Dixie have a potent receiving core last year? The three amigos I believe they were called. Dixie's QB last year had 2489 yards passing and 855 yards rushing and they were still 5-7. They'll need more than Zeke Pike.

  • Replies 103
  • Views 9.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know you're definately not refering to his recievers. Cohorn, Leonard, and DeMatteo are studs. All three have excellent hands and Cohorn has been getting alot of exposure as of late. Heard that him and Elliot from Ryle had a good day at EKU this past Saturday. I heard that Cohorn ran a 4.68 forty couple weeks ago down at UK, and Leonard a 4.66.

 

Elliot (Ryle) and Brown (Boone) were both very impressive in 1 on 1's. Both ran great routes and beat their defenders on each attempt. Brown move over to the O-Line and showed his strength and quick footwork fairl well also. The only Dixie receiver I saw struggled in 1 on 1's because the db's were being a bit physical and knocking him off his routes. His height will be a benefit for him as long as he finishes the routes and holds on to the catch. Should be a nice target for Pike. Elliot actually looked better in his receiving out of the backfield than in his rb running drills. He will be a great option for Hemple to dump screens and flat routes to because one on one I think he'll beat most db's.

I know you're definately not refering to his recievers. Cohorn, Leonard, and DeMatteo are studs. All three have excellent hands and Cohorn has been getting alot of exposure as of late. Heard that him and Elliot from Ryle had a good day at EKU this past Saturday. I heard that Cohorn ran a 4.68 forty couple weeks ago down at UK, and Leonard a 4.66.

 

Only Leonard caught a pass last year like I said Pike needs some good players around him to be a good QB.

Only Leonard caught a pass last year like I said Pike needs some good players around him to be a good QB.

 

I am not sure what your looking for, very few HS Qb's have college level receivers to throw too. As long as they can catch he will be fine.

I know you're definately not refering to his recievers. Cohorn, Leonard, and DeMatteo are studs. All three have excellent hands and Cohorn has been getting alot of exposure as of late. Heard that him and Elliot from Ryle had a good day at EKU this past Saturday. I heard that Cohorn ran a 4.68 forty couple weeks ago down at UK, and Leonard a 4.66.

 

They're good players, but 'studs' is a little much. Leonard has solid hands. DeMatteo hasn't played in a couple years, and when he did, it was moreso at QB and some outside linebacker. You like to hype up Cohorn, but I just haven't seen it yet.

 

Didn't Dixie have a potent receiving core last year? The three amigos I believe they were called. Dixie's QB last year had 2489 yards passing and 855 yards rushing and they were still 5-7. They'll need more than Zeke Pike.

 

No. Dixie had some good receivers last year, but no-one that stood out. Leonard is probably the best of the bunch as they lose Stegner and Raleigh. He'll probably end up being Pike's go-to guy. They'll have a bunch of unproven guys outside of Leonard and Bruns out of the backfield.

 

As for last year, their record was a reflection of their poor defense, not their offense.

They're good players, but 'studs' is a little much. Leonard has solid hands. DeMatteo hasn't played in a couple years, and when he did, it was moreso at QB and some outside linebacker. You like to hype up Cohorn, but I just haven't seen it yet.

 

 

 

No. Dixie had some good receivers last year, but no-one that stood out. Leonard is probably the best of the bunch as they lose Stegner and Raleigh. He'll probably end up being Pike's go-to guy. They'll have a bunch of unproven guys outside of Leonard and Bruns out of the backfield.

 

As for last year, their record was a reflection of their poor defense, not their offense.

 

Didn't they score 9pts against the Birds? I think it was alot of both..

Haterade comes from his attitude and from the fact he should be a senior.

 

Could

Didn't they score 9pts against the Birds? I think it was alot of both..

 

I know by your screen name you may have a limited look at Dixie Heights so you should look at their performance against teams other than the #2 team in the nation and you would see outside of the Highlands games they averaged about 30.3 points a game so I would say it was a defensive issue.

I like when "Adults" pick on KIDS for a decision their parents made about their academic career in a public forum using an alias.

Didn't they score 9pts against the Birds? I think it was alot of both..

 

That's 2 points more than State Runner-up John Hardin.:banana:

I know by your screen name you may have a limited look at Dixie Heights so you should look at their performance against teams other than the #2 team in the nation and you would see outside of the Highlands games they averaged about 30.3 points a game so I would say it was a defensive issue.

 

They only scored over 30 points in 4 games.

I didn't say they scored 30 points in every game I said they AVERAGED 30.3 points per game. If you don't believe me you can added it up and divide by 10 like I did, My point it wasn't a lack of offense that was their problem last year.

I didn't say they scored 30 points in every game I said they AVERAGED 30.3 points per game. If you don't believe me you can added it up and divide by 10 like I did, My point it wasn't a lack of offense that was their problem last year.

 

Pretty sure they played 12 games last year not 10.

Pretty sure they played 12 games last year not 10.

 

Guess while you decided to jump in and say I was wrong you didn't read my entire post so here it is again for you.

 

I know by your screen name you may have a limited look at Dixie Heights so you should look at their performance against teams other than the #2 team in the nation and you would see outside of the Highlands games they averaged about 30.3 points a game so I would say it was a defensive issue.

I like when "Adults" pick on KIDS for a decision their parents made about their academic career in a public forum using an alias.

 

Who said they are Adults picking on KIDS?

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.