Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Dixie's Pike top junior Qb in state?

Featured Replies

I think you are splitting hairs here LTG33. You are one to call folks out, and you just got called out. No shame in it. Just because Pike has offers doesn't mean he will be a QB at the next level. 75center is just looking for consistency in commenting across the board for all teams and players.

 

Sorry if you can't handle hair splitting! I don't mind being called out, but it would help if people didn't read into statements and then take personal offense. My statement last year never said Bardo was a bad or unproven QB or anything to that sort. If you can find that somewhere, then you can call me out......if it makes you feel better. You are right about Pike possibly not being a college QB, so why all of the negative comments? Call it what you want, nick pick how you want, but the fact is Zeke has offers to play college ball and if anyone is jealous of that, man up and admit it and stop belly-aching about the kids abilities. Anyway this topic is about Zeke PIKE not LTG33 so leave me alone. :)

  • Replies 103
  • Views 9.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry if you can't handle hair splitting! I don't mind being called out, but it would help if people didn't read into statements and then take personal offense. My statement last year never said Bardo was a bad or unproven QB or anything to that sort. If you can find that somewhere, then you can call me out......if it makes you feel better. You are right about Pike possibly not being a college QB, so why all of the negative comments? Call it what you want, nick pick how you want, but the fact is Zeke has offers to play college ball and if anyone is jealous of that, man up and admit it and stop belly-aching about the kids abilities. Anyway this topic is about Zeke PIKE not LTG33 so leave me alone. :)

 

You're posting on here and all you have to do is read the comments. My only negative on Pike is his maturity, not playing ability. I don't take any of your comments personally. I am not jealous at all of Pike and wish him well in his future. You can't turn it back on me.

I know a lot of immature 10/11 graders but lets try to point them out on here. It sounds like he is projected to play QB at the next level, let's keep it about that and who the other top QB's are.

I know a lot of immature 10/11 graders but lets try to point them out on here. It sounds like he is projected to play QB at the next level, let's keep it about that and who the other top QB's are.

 

Good point, I think Zeke will be fine considering he has another two years of high school to play and mature. When it's all said and done Zeke will get whatever offer he has earned and not what some thinks he deserve.

Good point, I think Zeke will be fine considering he has another two years of high school to play and mature. When it's all said and done Zeke will get whatever offer he has earned and not what some thinks he deserve.

 

Sounds realistic to me. Hope he works really hard. :thumb:

There's a difference between passing out high praise to a kid that has no offers as to giving credit and praise to a kid who has received multiple offers. If Pike entered the season not receiving any offers then he too would fall into the category I mentioned last year. I personally have not praised Pike, but if he is getting offers, we should all congratulate him instead of crying about the fact the has not started a varsity "High School" game. Did Bardo have offers prior to the start of last years season? And this is not a knock against Bardo, just a question that I am unsure of the answer. Notice that I quoted "high praise", there's a difference in the level of recognition.

 

33, I think you are missing the point: the thread asks if he's the best junior QB in the state; not whether he's a very talented athlete. The fact that he's received several D-1 offers means he's a very talented athlete that colleges think can play major level college football at some position; it does not support the contention that he is the best junior QB in the state. It's very fair for people to wonder if he'll be highly successful playing QB this year and/or next. It's very fair for people to wonder if he's the best junior qb in the state when he didn't play varsity qb last year, when some sophomores did and were pretty darn successful doing it.

 

That wondering is not hate; not even close. Frankly, it's pretty logical thinking.

 

It was fair for people to wonder if Bardo would be very successful heading into last season and it's fair for people to wonder the same about Pike. Neither one had much varsity experience heading into the season, but supporters were saying big things about them. Prior to his injury Bardo was showing he was living up to the hype. I think Pike will also.

 

Personally, I hope the kid has a fantastic season this and next year in all games except those against the Birds. I love to see area kids do well. I wasn't a fan of his father's antics when he coached at Dixie, but I am not going to hold that against the kid.

 

For a sophomore, I thought he looked decent playing last year. He didn't tear up the competition or dominate any one in the games against Highlands that I watched or in the games against other opponents that I watched on tape, but he was only a sophomore playing against some very well coached and talented kids. I wouldn't expect him to be dominant.

 

But I think I can make those observations that aren't intended to rip him, while at the same time congratulating him for the D-1 offers he received. If getting a D-1 scholarship and playing major college football is important to him (it's not the case with everyone), I'm truly happy for him.

 

And in closing, the fact that he has received multiple D-1 offers does not de facto mean he'll be a great high school football player or worthy of wearing the crown of best junior QB this season. We've both seen many, many high school kids get D-1 offers based on size and potential that were just average high school football players. I don't think Pike will be one of those, but until he proves that my thinking is correct, it's very fair for people to wonder if he will be the best junior qb in the state this year.

 

Fair enough?

There's a difference between passing out high praise to a kid that has no offers as to giving credit and praise to a kid who has received multiple offers. If Pike entered the season not receiving any offers then he too would fall into the category I mentioned last year. I personally have not praised Pike, but if he is getting offers, we should all congratulate him instead of crying about the fact the has not started a varsity "High School" game. Did Bardo have offers prior to the start of last years season? And this is not a knock against Bardo, just a question that I am unsure of the answer. Notice that I quoted "high praise", there's a difference in the level of recognition.

 

Keep dancing around. Just read your bolded quote. You can parse it any way you want but you are singing a different tune this year.

 

As to Pike, I think it is awesome that he is getting multiple offers and I have no doubt he'll make a fine college player.

Keep dancing around. Just read your bolded quote. You can parse it any way you want but you are singing a different tune this year.

 

As to Pike, I think it is awesome that he is getting multiple offers and I have no doubt he'll make a fine college player.

 

I wrote it, I don't need to read it. How you look at it is up to you. Try concentrating on the topic now, or start your own about someone from Cooper. Dead Horse here.

Pike can be the best QB ever but without other players stepping up it will still be an average season.

I went to the Marvin Lewis clinic today. Dale and Jared brought down the skill players to demonstrate drills. Patrick looked awesome, I know Marvin and DB Coach Coyle were really impressed with him. Patrick was airing it out into the wind 50 yards rather easily this morning. He will be one of the top Jr QB's in the state no question about it.

I went to the Marvin Lewis clinic today. Dale and Jared brought down the skill players to demonstrate drills. Patrick looked awesome, I know Marvin and DB Coach Coyle were really impressed with him. Patrick was airing it out into the wind 50 yards rather easily this morning. He will be one of the top Jr QB's in the state no question about it.

 

He should be the best Jr QB considering he has great players to work with. State Champs again.

Pike needs to focus on grades and staying out of trouble...

There seems to a lot of Haterade to go around whenever Zeke Pike comes up.

 

Haterade comes from his attitude and from the fact he should be a senior.

Pike can be the best QB ever but without other players stepping up it will still be an average season.

 

I know you're definately not refering to his recievers. Cohorn, Leonard, and DeMatteo are studs. All three have excellent hands and Cohorn has been getting alot of exposure as of late. Heard that him and Elliot from Ryle had a good day at EKU this past Saturday. I heard that Cohorn ran a 4.68 forty couple weeks ago down at UK, and Leonard a 4.66.

I know you're definately not refering to his recievers. Cohorn, Leonard, and DeMatteo are studs. All three have excellent hands and Cohorn has been getting alot of exposure as of late. Heard that him and Elliot from Ryle had a good day at EKU this past Saturday. I heard that Cohorn ran a 4.68 forty couple weeks ago down at UK, and Leonard a 4.66.

 

I know of Leonard and DeMatteo (is he for sure returning to football?) I am not familiar with Cohorn. Did he play last year and what year is he?

 

Did he play peewee ball in Boone Co?

 

If those three are all in the 4.6 - 4.7 range Dixie will have a very potent receiving corps. I really like the way Leonard plays the game. I predict he will be one of the best WR's in NKY this year.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.