Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Dixie's Pike top junior Qb in state?

Featured Replies

I know it's a few days old, but just read the following on Jody Demling's blog:

 

Dixie Heights standout Zeke Pike didn't even play quarterback on the varsity level during his sophomore season of high school football.

 

But that hasn't stopped Pike from becoming one of the hottest in-state recruits in the Class of 2012 as a quarterback. The 6-foot-5, 228-pound Pike had a strong showing at the Elite 11 combine event in Columbus, Ohio, earlier this month.

 

Now, Pike has eight offers and has been contacted by more than 30 schools.

 

Pike.......won't play anymore AAU basketball this year because of his busy schedule with camps.

 

He'll start his camp tour on June 4 at Iowa and will also attend camps at South Carolina, Purdue, Oklahoma State, Clemson, Auburn, Kentucky, Louisville and Boston College.

 

......Among those schools already offering a scholarship are UK, U of L, Purdue, Eastern Illinois, Ohio University and Toledo.

 

Thoughts?

  • Replies 103
  • Views 9.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No doubt Zeke is one of the best incoming Junior prospects in the state. To paraphrase an old coach of mine, you can't coach 'em to be 6'5". Zeke definitely has the physical attributes and the bloodlines to be an outstanding High School and College player. Whether he is the best Junior QB in the state, only time will tell. I think there might be a young man in Ft. Thomas who currently would have a leg up in that category based on what they have accomplished at the varsity level so far.

 

I think it's key to remember that more HS QB's end up playing a different position in College than any other position.

 

If Zeke turns out to be a good decision maker and leader at Qb, then I think he could be a very good College QB. If he doesn't excel in those areas, I feel very confident in saying that Zeke could be a very good college player either at TE or perhaps DE.

 

Thus when he gets all of the offers from D1 schools they know he can also play other postions if things don't pan out at QB.

 

That is something I don't think Mr. Toweles necessarily has. He may be the better HS QB right now, but his options to play other positions may not be as great as those of Zeke.

Wow that's a big boy! Best of luck to him! I haven't seen him play but I will definitely stop by a Dixie game to see him play.

Wow that's a big boy! Best of luck to him! I haven't seen him play but I will definitely stop by a Dixie game to see him play.

 

May I suggest the Highlands v. Dixie game at Dixie.

Looks like NKY should have two D-1 quaterbacks in 2012! Should be interesting to see the development of Pike over the next two seasons.

A lot of hype with nothing to back it up........

A lot of hype with nothing to back it up........

 

What does that mean?

The kid hasn't taken a snap in the varsity game and he is being recruited by D1 schools just because he looked good in a combine. I wish him all the luck this season and next.

There seems to a lot of Haterade to go around whenever Zeke Pike comes up.

The kid hasn't taken a snap in the varsity game and he is being recruited by D1 schools just because he looked good in a combine. I wish him all the luck this season and next.

 

It wasn't just one combine. Apparently he has been doing several camps and visits to show his skills. Unless you are in competition with Zeke for a scholarship, it's very immature for anyone to berate his abilites or the perception that college recruiters have of him. Just as Shutitdown said, there's way too much Haterade towards this kid!

The bottom line is it's all speculation until the end of the upcoming season. I wish the kid the best (except for one game of course). I'd love to have another NKY product to watch on Saturday afternoons. :thumb:

It wasn't just one combine. Apparently he has been doing several camps and visits to show his skills. Unless you are in competition with Zeke for a scholarship, it's very immature for anyone to berate his abilites or the perception that college recruiters have of him. Just as Shutitdown said, there's way too much Haterade towards this kid!

 

What's changed since last year when you were waiting for Will Bardo to prove himself, even though he had actually played some varsity QB? Were you showing the Haterade then?

I don't think it's just athlete's at Highlands that "do whatever it takes to be successful". Proving yourself is what gets you noticed, and I'm not talking about 7 on 7 drills. Until Bardo or any player performs to the preachings in an 11 on 11 atmosphere for a full season, I would reserve "high praise" about them, especially with high school kids. We spend too much time saying "Booby can do this and Billy can do that". Let the on field performance do the speaking and then we can be proud and hope for the best at the next level. Humble Opinion

 

I agree with you on this one.

Edited by tjacobs

I agree with you on this one.

 

Quote Originally Posted by LoveTheGame33 View Post

I don't think it's just athlete's at Highlands that "do whatever it takes to be successful". Proving yourself is what gets you noticed, and I'm not talking about 7 on 7 drills. Until Bardo or any player performs to the preachings in an 11 on 11 atmosphere for a full season, I would reserve "high praise" about them, especially with high school kids. We spend too much time saying "Booby can do this and Billy can do that". Let the on field performance do the speaking and then we can be proud and hope for the best at the next level. Humble Opinion

 

Ouch! Looks like you better be careful of what you say, or it just might come back to haunt you.

I would like to see what this kid can do on the field this fall for Dixie Heights.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.