Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Dixie's Pike top junior Qb in state?

Featured Replies

The kid is an athlete and we all should be positive. However, he has shown severe immaturity on the basketball court and you know what they say about first impressions. I'm sure he has been told he was the best since he was 3 yrs old and probably feels some sort of privelege like many kids of former NFL athletes do. With that said, I do wish him great success and look forward to the matchup with Highlands because I am sure Coach Weinrich will have some headhunters stunting to show him what he's in for at the next level.

  • Replies 103
  • Views 9.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's changed since last year when you were waiting for Will Bardo to prove himself, even though he had actually played some varsity QB? Were you showing the Haterade then?

 

Funny how this works isn't it!!!

I think that if Pike was that good he would have improved the chances of Dixie Heights winning and Coach Spritzky would have had him under center considering the experienced line they had etc. I am sure he is a fine young quarterback and will do well. All the best to him.

I think that if Pike was that good he would have improved the chances of Dixie Heights winning and Coach Spritzky would have had him under center considering the experienced line they had etc. I am sure he is a fine young quarterback and will do well. All the best to him.

 

Any player as a sophomore is very different as a junior. Pike is no different. Who he was on and off the field last year is different than who he is this year. Kids learn and get better and the really talented ones can get a lot better quickly.

Any player as a sophomore is very different as a junior. Pike is no different. Who he was on and off the field last year is different than who he is this year. Kids learn and get better and the really talented ones can get a lot better quickly.

 

I agree VOR, but I think you are very protective of him. Remeber he is a year older too, so technicaclly could be a senior. He must mature emotionally.

I agree VOR, but I think you are very protective of him. Remeber he is a year older too, so technicaclly could be a senior. He must mature emotionally.

 

I agree that he needs to mature. I am not necessarily protective of him. I just am trying to keep some balance. I think many kids make mistakes when they are young. I do think Pike has brought a lot of the hater attitude on himself but I also think people are very quick to attack him. I don't really know him but I cringe when I hear how many people talk about him and seem to target him. I don't think any kid who has done nothing wrong other than being overly competitive and immature deserves to be attacked like he is. That is why I defend a lot of these guys who get targeted - Elliott is another player who gets unfair rumors and is targeted. Pittman I think got hated on more than he deserved. Maybe I am a little too easy on these guys but I just see them as young kids trying to grow up while many of those around them don't look at them as young athletes and expect more than they can give at a young age.

I understand your perspective, but as it relates to Pike and Pittman only, they do bring much of it on themselves, and if you are a deserving d-1 prospect (and they both are), then you are going to be held to a higher standard, and I think that is good, because it prepares you for the future.

 

Can't speak to Elliott, because I hear things too, but it seems like most of that comes from SK fans, and it seems to be they are trying to hype up a rivalry there.

I agree that he needs to mature. I am not necessarily protective of him. I just am trying to keep some balance. I think many kids make mistakes when they are young. I do think Pike has brought a lot of the hater attitude on himself but I also think people are very quick to attack him. I don't really know him but I cringe when I hear how many people talk about him and seem to target him. I don't think any kid who has done nothing wrong other than being overly competitive and immature deserves to be attacked like he is. That is why I defend a lot of these guys who get targeted - Elliott is another player who gets unfair rumors and is targeted. Pittman I think got hated on more than he deserved. Maybe I am a little too easy on these guys but I just see them as young kids trying to grow up while many of those around them don't look at them as young athletes and expect more than they can give at a young age.

VOR, very well put, I agree with you and can't stand it when people take shots at the young athletes that are trying their best!!!

Quote Originally Posted by LoveTheGame33 View Post

I don't think it's just athlete's at Highlands that "do whatever it takes to be successful". Proving yourself is what gets you noticed, and I'm not talking about 7 on 7 drills. Until Bardo or any player performs to the preachings in an 11 on 11 atmosphere for a full season, I would reserve "high praise" about them, especially with high school kids. We spend too much time saying "Booby can do this and Billy can do that". Let the on field performance do the speaking and then we can be proud and hope for the best at the next level. Humble Opinion

 

Ouch! Looks like you better be careful of what you say, or it just might come back to haunt you.

 

Not really, What this means is that in a high school environment alone you have to prove yourself on the field. If you can go to a college camp and impress the college coaches enough to earn an individual scholarship, what you do as a team in high school is mute. No one on BGP has preached Pike up to be a top notch QB like people were doing last year with Bardo pre-season. His acknowledgement on here now is due to the many offers he has received from colleges by performing in front of some coaches that have more credibility than a bunch of couch potato bloggers. So I stand by my comment because Pike has nothing to prove to any of us as long as he continues to impress college scouts.

VOR, very well put, I agree with you and can't stand it when people take shots at the young athletes that are trying their best!!!

 

To add to my short response... i also feel we put too much pressure on some of the players by predicting they are the best junior QB before the young man has even started one varsity game. Not to take anything away from Pike but right now I think anyone who knows anything about the game would have to give Towles the edge at this time. The young man proved himself last year when many thought Highlands was in trouble after Bardo was injured. I wish both QB's a successful season!!!

With his frame and athletic ability he really should be playing D1 football somewhere. Maybe not at QB, but the kid is definatly a player. Hopefully Spritzky and the rest of the offensive coaching staff wont let his talent go to waste...

Not really, What this means is that in a high school environment alone you have to prove yourself on the field. If you can go to a college camp and impress the college coaches enough to earn an individual scholarship, what you do as a team in high school is mute. No one on BGP has preached Pike up to be a top notch QB like people were doing last year with Bardo pre-season. His acknowledgement on here now is due to the many offers he has received from colleges by performing in front of some coaches that have more credibility than a bunch of couch potato bloggers. So I stand by my comment because Pike has nothing to prove to any of us as long as he continues to impress college scouts.

 

But last year you said "until Bardo, or any other player performs to the preachings in an 11 on 11 atmosphere for a full season, I would reserve "high praise" about them." Now, when others want the same thing you call it Hateraid. I ask again, what changed?

But last year you said "until Bardo, or any other player performs to the preachings in an 11 on 11 atmosphere for a full season, I would reserve "high praise" about them." Now, when others want the same thing you call it Hateraid. I ask again, what changed?

 

There's a difference between passing out high praise to a kid that has no offers as to giving credit and praise to a kid who has received multiple offers. If Pike entered the season not receiving any offers then he too would fall into the category I mentioned last year. I personally have not praised Pike, but if he is getting offers, we should all congratulate him instead of crying about the fact the has not started a varsity "High School" game. Did Bardo have offers prior to the start of last years season? And this is not a knock against Bardo, just a question that I am unsure of the answer. Notice that I quoted "high praise", there's a difference in the level of recognition.

He has the D-1 body and athleticism a lot of times that's all it takes for coaches to start offering. Will be nice to see NKY produce another D-1 guy hopefully he can get some BCS offers in there.

There's a difference between passing out high praise to a kid that has no offers as to giving credit and praise to a kid who has received multiple offers. If Pike entered the season not receiving any offers then he too would fall into the category I mentioned last year. I personally have not praised Pike, but if he is getting offers, we should all congratulate him instead of crying about the fact the has not started a varsity "High School" game. Did Bardo have offers prior to the start of last years season? And this is not a knock against Bardo, just a question that I am unsure of the answer. Notice that I quoted "high praise", there's a difference in the level of recognition.

 

I think you are splitting hairs here LTG33. You are one to call folks out, and you just got called out. No shame in it. Just because Pike has offers doesn't mean he will be a QB at the next level. 75center is just looking for consistency in commenting across the board for all teams and players.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.