May 10, 201016 yr I could say a lot of things on BGP that would have justification. It doesn't mean it would be the "right" thing to do. Never stopped you before...
May 10, 201016 yr I said mother earlier. It was his grandmother he was hugging. Said his mom died while he was in high school.
May 10, 201016 yr I think she was perfectly justified in saying it. Same here I had a feeling someone would say something.
May 10, 201016 yr Just watched the video of all 27 outs and Kouzmanoff made some good plays at 3B to keep the perfect game in check.
May 10, 201016 yr After Sunday's game, Braden's grandmother told reporters: "Stick it, A-Rod." http://content.usatoday.com/communities/dailypitch/post/2010/05/athletics-dallas-braden-takes-break-from-baiting-a-rod-has-perfect-game-against-rays/1 Stay classy, Bradens. It wasn't Dallas that said it and it wasn't said in an interview but posted by a reporter who heard it on her twitter account. As for the situation he was perfectly justified in calling A-rod out for what he did...You act like a baseball guy, Clyde--you know A-rod shouldn't have run across the mound. If he'd have come out and said that he wasn't thinking and he was wrong it would have been over with. Instead, he tried to pretend he didn't know he shouldn't have run across the mound and then proceeded to belittle Braden's status as a major league pitcher. He deserves a pitch in his ear hole next time they play the A's. Besides, the quote came from his grandma--A-rod belittled her grandson after he had committed a breach of the unwritten rules of baseball, wouldn't you have expected her to take up for her grandson? And it wasn't even in a public interview--it was overheard by a reporter and posted to her twitter account...it wasn't meant for the general public. You are flat out wrong here.
May 10, 201016 yr Speaking of unwritten rules, didn't Longoria try to bunt for a hit in the middle of the game? Maybe he will see a high hard one next time these two teams hook up.
May 10, 201016 yr Never stopped you before... Sure it has. You should see me if I never showed discretion.:laugh:
May 10, 201016 yr The problem I have with the Braden clan is that they keep bringing it up. While I thought he overreacted to the initial situation I was cool with him calling A-Rod out for violating one of the unwritten rules of baseball. However, instead of taking his few minutes of notoriety and moving on he kept bringing it up. A week later he says he may have to get physical with A-Rod or something to that effect. This was not in response to anything A-Rod said. A-Rod sort of brushed it off. This kid kept wanting to get his name in the paper and no better way of doing it that to threaten retaliation against a big-name player. Now after a game that A-Rod is not even involved in GMa decides to stick her foot into her mouth as well. Telling.
May 10, 201016 yr Speaking of unwritten rules, didn't Longoria try to bunt for a hit in the middle of the game? Maybe he will see a high hard one next time these two teams hook up. There were discussing this unwritten rule on Mike & Mike in the morning. It was definitely a good conversation. It was the fifth inning, a team down 4-0 (definitely not out of the game, especially for a team like the Rays). I have nothing wrong with Longoria trying to lay down a bunt for a hit. If he gets on and the next batter hits a homerun, their team is right back in the game. It would be a little different if it was the ninth inning with two outs.
May 10, 201016 yr Speaking of unwritten rules, didn't Longoria try to bunt for a hit in the middle of the game? Maybe he will see a high hard one next time these two teams hook up. Longoria hit cleanup yesterday, so he would have been up in the 2nd, 5th, and 8th. If he attempted a bunt in the 2nd (which it wasn't) then I see no problem. I've never even thought the 5th was too late. But any bunt attempt to breakup up a no-hitter in the 6th, 7th, 8th, or 9th is a no-no in my opinion. Does anyone know when Longoria attempted the bunt?
May 10, 201016 yr What did A-Rod say a couple of days ago? Something along the lines of "I'm not going to extend his 15 minutes of fame." He had it coming. Plus, Braden took care of extending it all on his own. Exactly, I think it is funny what she said. And telling the Braden's to stay classy to stick up for A-Rod. Not going to win that argument in my opinion.
May 10, 201016 yr I think the unwritten rules are often stupid. If a team was in need of a miraculous rally late in a game, then I think it would be cheap to try to break up a no-no with a bunt. But, if the game is in reach, especially in the middle innings, you do what you have to do to try and get something going for your team.
May 10, 201016 yr Exactly, I think it is funny what she said. And telling the Braden's to stay classy to stick up for A-Rod. Not going to win that argument in my opinion. Just seems childish to me to keep bringing it up. Was what Arod did wrong according to the Bible of Baseball's Unwritten Rules? Yep, but to keep bringing it up just points out that they are being equally as immature as ARod has been at times. Let it be man, you just did something only 18 people have ever done. THat is just my opinion on it.
May 10, 201016 yr Let it be man, you just did something only 18 people have ever done. THat is just my opinion on it. Bingo. He's taken the focus off of his rare feat and put it on his manufactured rivalry with ARod.
May 10, 201016 yr Bingo. He's taken the focus off of his rare feat and put it on his manufactured rivalry with ARod. How exactly did HE do that? When did HE make a comment about ARod since the perfecto? ARod is the one who was/is too big of a prima dona to admit he screwed up, and I give Braden props for being man enough to not back down and call the idiot out.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.