ESPN RISE Says Leslie is "A Lock To Kentucky"

Wireman

Don't expect Word of God Academy (Raleigh, N.C.) forward C.J. Leslie, a first-team ESPN RISE All-American, to commit to a college until after every other big time prospect makes their pledge.

A reliable source tell us that Leslie, ranked No. 11 in the ESPNU 100, wants to be the last to commit and will hold out until he is.

Leslie is down to Connecticut, Florida, Kentucky and N.C. State. He was supposed to visit Gainesville after the Jordan Brand Classic, but the trip was cancelled -- and with it the likelihood of him landing with the Gators.

We're hearing that he's a lock to Kentucky. Wildcats head coach John Calipari made quite an impression on Leslie when he came to his house on the first day of the April contact period.

Leslie to Kentucky is imminent. Just don't expect to hear about it anytime soon.

http://rise.espn.go.com/boys-basketball/articles/2010/04/26-Quick-Shots.aspx

Interesting to see he is now a UK lock. I hope for his sake that he gets to make his own decision since there had been talk that he might be forced to go to NC State. I think it'd be great for him to end up at UK since that is the place he reportedly wants to play at. I don't understand why he wants to be the last to commit but I am glad to see it is looking like he will make his own choice of college.

Interesting to see he is now a UK lock. I hope for his sake that he gets to make his own decision since there had been talk that he might be forced to go to NC State. I think it'd be great for him to end up at UK since that is the place he reportedly wants to play at. I don't understand why he wants to be the last to commit but I am glad to see it is looking like he will make his own choice of college.

:thumb:

Maybe I just haven't been following Leslie's story as well, but why would he be forced to go to NC State? Parents or something?

I always think of Ralph Sampson, who wanted to come to UK, but his mother said 'no way' so he picked UVA instead. I say let the kids play where they feel the most comfortable.

Maybe I just haven't been following Leslie's story as well, but why would he be forced to go to NC State? Parents or something?

There had been talk about a week or so ago that he was headed to NC State but that it wasn't his choice. They were saying that the people around him were forcing him to go to NC State instead of UK which was his first choice. I felt bad for the kid.

I always think of Ralph Sampson, who wanted to come to UK, but his mother said 'no way' so he picked UVA instead. I say let the kids play where they feel the most comfortable.

Sampson's family loved Holland and UVA was VERY close to Harrisonburg, VA. In the end, family pressure won out for Ralph. :thumb:

I don't like the "all about me" choice for the announcement. Hopefully he's not that self centered on the court.

Didn't John Wall basically want to do the same thing last year, and he turned out to be a team player. I have no problem with him waiting, let him enjoy the attention right now.

Didn't John Wall basically want to do the same thing last year, and he turned out to be a team player. I have no problem with him waiting, let him enjoy the attention right now.

The same was said about Patterson too.