Tebow a Bronco!!!!!!

... as far as you know. How much time have you spent with him to form this opinion?

People are obviously going to do it, and continue to do it, because it's been that way for centuries. But putting these guys up on pedestals just because they craft a favorable public image is folly.

Based on what we have seen, he certainly appears to be a quality person. That is all we have to go on.

Yes many have been knocked off their high horse over the course of time when they show not to be who they profess to be. But until that time, I seem no problem with the prevailing opinion that he is a good guy.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't have a problem with the masses who don't believe he will be a good NFL QB, I am one of those. I think that he doesn't fit the skill set as a passer, which is a gianormus part of what a QB has to do. But there are some who want him to fail because of the positive reputation he has. It's not like he is holding press conferences everyday, ... but the media just follows his every move, and reports everything he says. Not his fault, and I support someone who is not afraid to say what they believe.

I also like to believe the best in people until proven wrong. So far, all the indications are that Tebow is a quality person. Because of that, I do hope he succeeds as an NFL QB, and will cheer for him to do well, ... but I don't expect it based on what I have seen from him as a passer.

See, that's where we differ. I'm trained to be the skeptic.

I have no idea if he'll pass or fail as a pro, but I think if you are the Broncos you took a huge gamble. If you are indeed on the cusp of being a playoff team, why would you invest a top 20 pick on a QB when you have a capable starter and just traded for Brady Quinn?

I can't stand Tebow. I think he's a phony, and though I don't doubt that he's religious it's sickening and IMO fake to do it at the extent he does. It's easy to profess your faith and always say the right thing when you're on top of the world, we'll see how he does with a little humble pie in the NFL. He always acts like he's better than everyone else, especially when talking about his work ethic. Does he really think that he's the only QB in this draft that's going to work hard?

It's also sickening to me for people to say that he's a good or great person. Not one of us on here know a thing about Tim Tebow off the field, and the few people I know that have met him didn't particularly like him or think he was that "great".

He's the best college football player of my lifetime IMO, but I want to see him fail. Not for his whole career I wouldn't wish that on anyone. But, I want to see hilm struggle and see how he deals with it. Will he still be the hero to the Religious Right? I don't know.

As I got word that Tebow was drafted, one of our son's best friends called me and said that our Tim was up in Heaven pleading with God to send Tebow to the Broncos. My Tim was a Gators and Broncos fan, so he would have been really happy with this news.

I hope that Tebow succeeds.

Later.

Analysis: By far and away the worst pick in this draft. Wow. How can you justify trading away Cutler and picking this kid. He's a fifth-round pick -- at best. Now we know why Josh McDaniels will last one more year in Denver. Horrible. Just horrible.

:laugh:

By the way, his grade for the pick F

I can't stand Tebow. I think he's a phony, and though I don't doubt that he's religious it's sickening and IMO fake to do it at the extent he does. It's easy to profess your faith and always say the right thing when you're on top of the world, we'll see how he does with a little humble pie in the NFL. He always acts like he's better than everyone else, especially when talking about his work ethic. Does he really think that he's the only QB in this draft that's going to work hard?

It's also sickening to me for people to say that he's a good or great person. Not one of us on here know a thing about Tim Tebow off the field, and the few people I know that have met him didn't particularly like him or think he was that "great".

He's the best college football player of my lifetime IMO, but I want to see him fail. Not for his whole career I wouldn't wish that on anyone. But, I want to see hilm struggle and see how he deals with it. Will he still be the hero to the Religious Right? I don't know.

Pot calling the kettle black? :sssh:

As I got word that Tebow was drafted, one of our son's best friends called me and said that our Tim was up in Heaven pleading with God to send Tebow to the Broncos. My Tim was a Gators and Broncos fan, so he would have been really happy with this news.

I hope that Tebow succeeds.

Later.

:thumb:

That may have changed my mind.

I haven't been a fan of Tebow either, as previously stated because of his college, however as a person I feel he is great.

If he were not, tabloids would be eating him alive. He was under constant eyes in Florida and if he were to go out on the town get drunk, etc, it would be all over the news and media. I'd say he is one of the most watched people in America. With that said, I know none of us know him but the image he displays and the lack of slander or proof of any wrongdoings during his 4 year stint or even in high school as a highly touted recruit would lead us to believe it is not a front a he puts on.

Sometimes he does sound FAKE, but that would be us judging a man that we know nothing about, right?

Pot calling the kettle black? :sssh:

Possibly. But I don't claim that Tebow is the worst person in sports. Many claim that Tebow is the best or one of the best people in sports and is one of the best role models of all-time. I think he's phony, because no one is perfect though he tries to act like it. Sort of the pot calling the kettle black, but not really I don't think.

I haven't been a fan of Tebow either, as previously stated because of his college, however as a person I feel he is great.

If he were not, tabloids would be eating him alive. He was under constant eyes in Florida and if he were to go out on the town get drunk, etc, it would be all over the news and media. I'd say he is one of the most watched people in America. With that said, I know none of us know him but the image he displays and the lack of slander or proof of any wrongdoings during his 4 year stint or even in high school as a highly touted recruit would lead us to believe it is not a front a he puts on.

Sometimes he does sound FAKE, but that would be us judging a man that we know nothing about, right?

Alot of things at Florida are swept under the rug. Tebow does not strike me as the kind of person who would break the law though.

He really had no chance to go against the principles he stands up for, he was always successful. Maybe the Bama game, but that's one time he failed in his career. Even his sophomore season when UF was not great on the field he won the Heisman. He's never really had anything to complain about or be mad about. That's going to change in the NFL.

As far as judging him, I'm only stating that I think he's human something that many don't act like he is. To be honest I just hate hearing about how religious a person is and acts when they have not been tested. It's easy to always say the right thing when you win, something he did better than just about anyone at the college level.

Also by some of his actions on the field it's easier to say that he seems fake than it is to peek in to his personal life and say that he's a great person. He probably is a good guy, but he's no angel which is my point. He has always acted like he always does the right thing, he has always wanted attention for the works he does off the field. Those aren't judgment calls either. I don't blame him for spreading the word, but would a true selfless person go to the extremes that he does know that his ways turn many people off? People like David Robinson and Reggie White professed their faith many times during their careers, but did not make it a spectacle in the the way that Tebow did. There seems to be an ulterior motive or Tim Tebow is just really high on himself.

The judgments I make are from what I personally see in the public sphere not making an estimate or believing the hype about his personal life, which is different. It may be a minuscule difference, but it is a difference.

That's going to change in the NFL.

Denver is a great fit for him and he knows it.

He will not be forced to play at QB right away.

He will be learning the system while playing sparingly at QB in a few formations and I'd look for Denver to bring out a new set/formation that the NFL hasn't seen before where Tebow will be utilized as the MAIN guy and his status booms into what will eventually be a starting role in a couple of years.

Denver is a great fit for him and he knows it.

He will not be forced to play at QB right away.

He will be learning the system while playing sparingly at QB in a few formations and I'd look for Denver to bring out a new set/formation that the NFL hasn't seen before where Tebow will be utilized as the MAIN guy and his status booms into what will eventually be a starting role in a couple of years.

A team that was talking about taking him as a TE? I don't think they'll do that but still.

And outside of Petyon Manning, McNabb and so far Philip Rivers, how many other QB's always make the playoffs? I don't care what your stats are when you don't make the playoffs in the NFL it's not success. Do you think Tebow as a starter is going to get the Broncos the the playoffs annually, and make some deep runs, and eventually bring home a Super Bowl or two? If not then he's going to be tested.

More than likely when/if he becomes a full-time QB it's going to take some adjustments. How will he deal with that? Maybe it's not that I don't believe him, I'm just extremely skeptical.