Dixie Heights 8 Campbell County 4

Finally made it to a varsity game tonight only because my son had a game before the game. Very good game by the Colonels. Everyone hit good in the Colonels lineup and Sexton went the distance for the Colonels. I dont know the first kid that pitched for the Camels but Vann finished it out. The score was 8-1 going into the 7th inning. Good game by both teams.

Another solid performance out of Sexton. I hear he threw a heck of a game against Mercer Co. over the weekend allowing only 1 run in 7 innings. The pitching is starting to heat up for the Colonels. Stansberry goes for 10k's 0 ER in Monday's 5 inning game and I'm assuming Smallwood's probably on the docket to do his thing tonight.

So the coach pitched the pitcher for 7 innings on Saturday and then pitched the same pitcher another 7 innings on Tuesday?

Doesn't the KHSAA not allow that? If he pitched 7 innings on Saturday as the coach said in the paper today he is ineligible to pitch again until today/Wednesday.

So the coach pitched the pitcher for 7 innings on Saturday and then pitched the same pitcher another 7 innings on Tuesday?

Doesn't the KHSAA not allow that? If he pitched 7 innings on Saturday as the coach said in the paper today he is ineligible to pitch again until today/Wednesday.

I thought it was three nights rest? Saturday, Sunday, Monday = 3 nights. Good to go Tuesday. Not sure 100+ pitches Saturday followed by 100+ on Tuesday is a good idea but I think it is within the rules.

I thought it was three nights rest? Saturday, Sunday, Monday = 3 nights. Good to go Tuesday. Not sure 100+ pitches Saturday followed by 100+ on Tuesday is a good idea but I think it is within the rules.

If you pitch on Saturday, day 1's rest is Sunday.

I always thought it went by NIGHT, not day. So Saturday night is the first night's rest.

"If a pitcher pitches in 7 or more innings in one day, that pitcher shall have three calendar days of rest, beginning with the day following the first day a pitch is throw."

Therefore, if you pitched 7 innings on Saturday, your rest period begins on Sunday and you need three calendar days of rest - i.e., Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday. You would then be eligible to pitch again on Wednesday. At least that's how I interpret it.

Which still doesn't address the issue of having someone throw 100+ pitches on Saturday and then again on Tuesday. There's a reason that this isn't done in the majors and it has to do with causing arm injuries.

Edited by cooperstown

"If a pitcher pitches in 7 or more innings in one day, that pitcher shall have three calendar days of rest, beginning with the day following the first day a pitch is throw."

Therefore, if you pitched 7 innings on Saturday, your rest period begins on Sunday and you need three calendar days of rest - i.e., Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday. You would then be eligible to pitch again on Wednesday. At least that's how I interpret it.

Which still doesn't address the issue of having someone throw 100+ pitches on Saturday and then again on Tuesday. There's a reason that this isn't done in the majors and it has to do with causing arm injuries.

Thanks for the clarification Coop! :thumb: Where did you pull that from?