Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Coach Cal's team turmoil?

Featured Replies

Perhaps this is what Coach Cal was talking about.

 

 

Whoa, wait a second. Were we lied to? After spending six months watching a group of kids play and appear to be as close as any team in recent memory, reports over the past few days make you wonder if we all saw something that was maybe not the case. According to Yahoo’s Adrian Wojnarowski, things might not have been great all year and it makes you wonder if when Daniel Orton stormed off during the Mississippi State game, maybe that wasn’t the whole story. From his Twitter page today:

Kentucky frosh Daniel Orton doesn’t love playing for Calipari and Cal doesn’t love coaching him, sources say. Expect him to stay in draft.

NBA execs and agents say Calipari battled infighting among parents of upperclassmen and underclassmen over playing time, publicity, etc.

http://kentuckysportsradio.com/

Orton's parents were mad he wasn't playing that much?

A co-worker of mine who has quite a few friends down at UK told me earlier this year that Orton was the least liked guy on the team. It's starting to look like they were on to something.

Wow, if he did have team turmoil, he certainly did a heck of a job managing it. 35-3 and an elite 8 appearance is pretty good for a team turmoil. I would actually just call it a whining player problem.

I could definitely see how this would have been an issue. Especially after seeing comments from Orton's father over the past week.

 

Maybe this has to do with the CYO team that Calipari wasn't talking about?

Wow, if he did have team turmoil, he certainly did a heck of a job managing it. 35-3 and an elite 8 appearance is pretty good for a team turmoil. I would actually just call it a whining player problem.

 

Orton wasn't the only one.

 

There were several other players too.

 

That's why in another thread I asked the question "can and will they be able to share the spotlight with one another?' when referencing Leslie, Knight, Selby, Poole, and Kanter.

Orton wasn't the only one.

 

There were several other players too.

 

That's why in another thread I asked the question "can and will they be able to share the spotlight with one another?' when referencing Leslie, Knight, Selby, Poole, and Kanter.

 

Like I said, 35-3/Elite 8, not bad for a team turmoil. I imagine what Cal can do with no turmoil.

I have a feeling we will be seeing these every year at UK with the one and dones. It will be a lot uglier if they don't go 35-3 every year.

Like I said, 35-3/Elite 8, not bad for a team turmoil. I imagine what Cal can do with no turmoil.

 

I agree...was just trying to take all the blame off one player. (Orton)

Remember that Orton was a BCG recruit asked to stay at UK by Calipari. Can you imagine if Alex Legion and his whacko mom was still there? :lol:

Orton wasn't the only one.

 

There were several other players too.

 

That's why in another thread I asked the question "can and will they be able to share the spotlight with one another?' when referencing Leslie, Knight, Selby, Poole, and Kanter.

 

Who else were they referring to other than Orton?

That is odd because at the beginning of the season I thought Orton was the most leveled headed kid coming in. His interviews were well spoken and he seemed to be fine knowing he would be here 2-3 years.

Yeah I don't believe Wall and Krebs were friends either..

 

Because of playing time?:irked::idunno:

 

 

:popcorn:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.