April 3, 201016 yr That is odd because at the beginning of the season I thought Orton was the most leveled headed kid coming in. His interviews were well spoken and he seemed to be fine knowing he would be here 2-3 years. It could get frustrating though, having an all-American play in front of you when you were a highly touted recruit out of high school.
April 3, 201016 yr Orton tweeted tonight basically that he had a good relationship with his teammates and coaches. Also, said he came to UK because he loved the fans.
April 3, 201016 yr Like I said, 35-3/Elite 8, not bad for a team turmoil. I imagine what Cal can do with no turmoil. Now THAT would be even more fun to see! :thumb:
April 4, 201016 yr Maybe that explains why Orton started acted like pre-SEC Cousins down the stretch. He was venting his frustration on opponents. With that much talent, there's bound to be a few bruised egos. Overall, its hard to say Calipari did a bad job or that whatever went on cost UK any wins.
April 5, 201016 yr Aside from the Orton/SEC tourney incident, this team did a wonderful job at masking these alleged problems. Looked to me like they were having fun all season. Of course, when you win 35 out of 38, it would be natural to look like fun. There's certainly an upside to having so many upper-tier freshmen. There's no question in my mind that we were more talented than anyone in the country. But with this news being released about unhappy campers, we're also seeing the downside. I've always thought it difficult to have to count on freshmen. If you have one phenom or maybe two that you can mix in with a group of seasoned veterans, that's one thing. But when 4 of your top 6 are freshmen, that's a different story entirely.
April 5, 201016 yr Wow, if he did have team turmoil, he certainly did a heck of a job managing it. 35-3 and an elite 8 appearance is pretty good for a team turmoil. I would actually just call it a whining player problem. Seems about right...in hindsight, UK seemed to have had the most dominate team....they just couldn't put it together the night they needed to.
April 5, 201016 yr Seems about right...in hindsight, UK seemed to have had the most dominate team....they just couldn't put it together the night they needed to. So true. :thumb:
April 5, 201016 yr Seems about right...in hindsight, UK seemed to have had the most dominate team....they just couldn't put it together the night they needed to. That about sums it up.
April 5, 201016 yr I haven't liked Orton ever since he stole the PS3 controller out of my hands late one night last semester. I called next, got the controller, and he fought it away from me. Kids who never learned to share usually don't get along with their peers.
April 5, 201016 yr Author I haven't liked Orton ever since he stole the PS3 controller out of my hands late one night last semester. I called next, got the controller, and he fought it away from me. Kids who never learned to share usually don't get along with their peers. You have put up a better fight.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.