What New Music Are You Listening To?

Yep, Ear-X-Tacy had about ten copies left when I picked mine up at lunch today. Their full shipment for today's new releases didn't arrive so I was unable to pick up KMAG Yo-Yo by Hayes Carll, but I think I may be getting a digital copy from a friend until the vinyl arrives.

I'll have to call and have them hold a copy until I can get up there ...

Anybody else excited to hear the new Radiohead album? I've got my pre-order of the "newspaper album" paid for and I'm ready to download on Saturday.

I haven't gotten much feel for how many Radiohead fans there are here on BGP, but they're a constant in my musical rotation, personally....and I'm really pretty geeked out about the new LP coming out.

Anybody else excited to hear the new Radiohead album? I've got my pre-order of the "newspaper album" paid for and I'm ready to download on Saturday.

I haven't gotten much feel for how many Radiohead fans there are here on BGP, but they're a constant in my musical rotation, personally....and I'm really pretty geeked out about the new LP coming out.

I dig Radiohead, but I don't go ga-ga over them. I've got several of their CDs, but since switching to vinyl the only one I felt compelled to get was "The Bends," if for no other reason than the fact that "Fake Plastic Trees" is just so darned brilliant.

I'm a big Radiohead fan... They were rumored to be one of the Bonnaroo bands this year, which probably would've pushed me over the edge to going. But I'm going to stick with Lollapalooza and hope for the best.

Father Graham, President of Xavier University, is also a big Radiohead fan.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm getting kind of excited for the new Fleet Foxes album to come out. The Record Store Day release of their Helplessness Blues single was great, and I'm excited to hear more from them. I'm also really interested to hear what Bon Iver's new album will sound like. It's due out in June.

The Jason Isbell album released a few weeks back is an interesting move for him. It has some real great moments, and others that I could have done without. Makes me wonder what direction he's going to be moving in in the future. I was really impressed with his cover of Guided By Voices' song "Everywhere With Helicopter" from the Sing For Your Meat tribute album. The vinyl print of Isbell's new album comes with a free 7" single of the cover included in the packaging.

Give it a listen:

Oh...I almost forgot. The National released a song for the trailer and soundtrack for the Portal 2 video game (which admittedly makes me roll my eyes a little). As great as High Violet was, though, I gave it a listen, and it's absolutely hauntingly beautiful. I've given it quite a few listens now, in fact. It's available for download HERE.