What New Music Are You Listening To?

I have to ask, where is a record store in B'town?

Wooden Duck Entertainment is on KY 245 right next to Buffalo Wings and Rings. It's not really a record store, though, as he deals mostly in CDs, DVDs and games and just has a few vinyl records available. I do have him special order stuff for me, though, to save the trip to Louisville or Lex.

Danger Mouse and Daniele Luppi -- Rome
I heard "Two Against One" a few weeks back and enjoyed it. I'm just now giving the whole album a listen. Very cool side project. Definitely nails the spaghetti western feel and I hope it's not the last from them. My favorite tracks are the White and Jones ones.

Wooden Duck Entertainment is on KY 245 right next to Buffalo Wings and Rings. It's not really a record store, though, as he deals mostly in CDs, DVDs and games and just has a few vinyl records available. I do have him special order stuff for me, though, to save the trip to Louisville or Lex.
Cool deal. I never knew there was any kind of store to purchase music in Bardstown besides the Wal-Mart.

A freind gave me a copy fo Rave On Buddy Holly this weekend which is a compilation of various Buddy Holly songs from a very interesting collection of artists including Paul McCartney, Justin Townes Earle, Kid Rock, and Cee-Lo Green. Tribute albums tend to be hit or miss, though usually more on the miss side. But this is one that has a lot more hits than misses (Lou Reed's cover of "Peggy Sue" stands out as a huge miss). Some highlights are:

"Maybe Baby" - Justin Townes Earle

"(You're So Square) Baby, I Don't Care" - Cee Lo Green

"Oh Boy!" - She & Him

"True Love Ways" - My Morning Jacket

"Words of Love" - Patti Smith

"That'll Be The Day" - Modest Mouse

And very surprisingly, Kid Rock's soulful take on "Well All Right" is pretty good.

Tribute albums tend to be hit or miss, though usually more on the miss side.

Agree 100% with this. I hate to even admit this because I don't like the band at all, but I used to have a Depeche Mode tribute album and it was amazing. Had a Smashing Pumpkins cover on it, had a lot of great stuff on it. But typically tribute albums seem to be horrible.

I have to ask. What was wrong with it?

He only did 10 songs in his sub-headlining set. Of the 10, 5 of the songs were covers and 2 were Gnarls Barkley songs... Which I guess is OK.

The other times, he would stop the band and scold the crowd for not giving him enough love. The first time it seemed like he was joking, but he did it before basically every song. Between songs, he would also walk off stage for a couple of minutes and let his band play until he felt like coming back.

He stopped around 15 minutes early, closed with "(Forget) You" and said "This is the only one you all want to hear anyway," or something along those lines. He just came across a little too arrogant and unappreciative of the fact that he was at Lollapalooza with 50,000 people watching him. It's like he felt like we should all be thankful for being able to witness him.

Fitz & the Tantrums came across as the most humble band.

He only did 10 songs in his sub-headlining set. Of the 10, 5 of the songs were covers and 2 were Gnarls Barkley songs... Which I guess is OK.

The other times, he would stop the band and scold the crowd for not giving him enough love. The first time it seemed like he was joking, but he did it before basically every song. Between songs, he would also walk off stage for a couple of minutes and let his band play until he felt like coming back.

He stopped around 15 minutes early, closed with "(Forget) You" and said "This is the only one you all want to hear anyway," or something along those lines. He just came across a little too arrogant and unappreciative of the fact that he was at Lollapalooza with 50,000 people watching him. It's like he felt like we should all be thankful for being able to witness him.

Fitz & the Tantrums came across as the most humble band.

If he kept leaving the stage like that between songs and carried that kind of attitude I'd say Cee Lo was working in a little blow or some other kind of substance in between songs. But thats just my guess. I mean he's not Mariah, I doubt he was back there changing wardrobe between songs. :D

FKW, I'm not sure if you checked these out back when I posted the video initially, but if you haven't checked out Megafaun, I've got a feeling that their album Gather, Form & Fly would be right in your wheelhouse. I could be wrong, but I was spinning that again last night and that kind of occurred to me out of the blue. From what I've heard, their new self-titled album is a little bit of a change from what they've done in the past, but regardless, Gather, Form & Fly is pretty awesome. I've had it on my turntable quite a bit as of late.

Here's their HearYa Live Session.