What New Music Are You Listening To?

• 3 weeks later...

Got my hands on a copy of Jessica Lea Mayfield's new album "Tell Me" last night. Pretty solid. It's a great follow-up and a continuing step forward from "With Blasphemy, So Heartfelt" in my opinion. Here's the second track: "Our Hearts Are Wrong".

Also worth noting...she's got three dates coming up in KY:

The Southgate House in Newport - Thursday, April 7

Cosmic Charlie's in Lexington - Friday, April 8

Headliner's Music Hall in Louisville - Saturday, April 9

Got my hands on a copy of Jessica Lea Mayfield's new album "Tell Me" last night. Pretty solid. It's a great follow-up and a continuing step forward from "With Blasphemy, So Heartfelt" in my opinion. Here's the second track: "Our Hearts Are Wrong".

Also worth noting...she's got three dates coming up in KY:

The Southgate House in Newport - Thursday, April 7

Cosmic Charlie's in Lexington - Friday, April 8

Headliner's Music Hall in Louisville - Saturday, April 9

I'm definitely hitting up the Louisville date and may try to swing up to Newport on that Thursday if it fits into my schedule.

How'd you come across a copy of the album? Didn't think it was out for another week or so.

I'm definitely hitting up the Louisville date and may try to swing up to Newport on that Thursday if it fits into my schedule.

How'd you come across a copy of the album? Didn't think it was out for another week or so.

I think it's supposed to release tomorrow, but I've got some buddies at a record store who may have "accidently" forgotten they were supposed to be holding on to all of their copies until then.

Speaking of buddies, here's a video somebody shot of one of my friends' bands playing on Saturday in the Parlour at the Southgate House in Newport. The band's called Frontier Folk Nebraska, and it's the first time I've seen them play since they replaced their old drummer. I was very impressed. They play dates in Louisville, Lexington, Cincinnati, Dayton, Indianapolis and Columbus pretty regularly.

(Obviously the audio isn't top notch, but it gives you a good idea of what they can do.)

I think it's supposed to release tomorrow, but I've got some buddies at a record store who may have "accidently" forgotten they were supposed to be holding on to all of their copies until then.
I ordered a vinyl copy last night with a free digital download. I really like it. Lyrically, this album is much dirtier and perverse...a good thing.

I'm also listening to The King Is Dead by The Decemberists. The Decemberists are actually a band I've never really liked and had basically dismissed. A friend sent me one song, "Don't Carry It All" to listen to and I really liked it. The whole album is quite good...something I never thought I'd say about a Decemberists album.

I ordered a vinyl copy last night with a free digital download. I really like it. Lyrically, this album is much dirtier and perverse...a good thing.

I'm also listening to The King Is Dead by The Decemberists. The Decemberists are actually a band I've never really liked and had basically dismissed. A friend sent me one song, "Don't Carry It All" to listen to and I really liked it. The whole album is quite good...something I never thought I'd say about a Decemberists album.

I've been pretty lukewarm on The Decemberists up until this album as well.

Speaking of buddies, here's a video somebody shot of one of my friends' bands playing on Saturday in the Parlour at the Southgate House in Newport. The band's called Frontier Folk Nebraska, and it's the first time I've seen them play since they replaced their old drummer. I was very impressed. They play dates in Louisville, Lexington, Cincinnati, Dayton, Indianapolis and Columbus pretty regularly.

(Obviously the audio isn't top notch, but it gives you a good idea of what they can do.)

CCH guys?

Drive-By Truckers - Go-Go Boots

I'm loving it. Right now it's just a digital version as I contemplate buying the Deluxe Edition Vinyl (for the Go-Go Boots Episodes DVD and the prints). A "Muscle Shoals" album at it's best. On a sidenote, I love the cover.

Just picked it up today, haven't had a chance to listen to it. I'm excited, though.

Did the vinyl release come out today as well? I know they had lots of trouble with a bad first pressing of the last album.

And yeah, I dig me some go-go boots as well. :D

Yep, Ear-X-Tacy had about ten copies left when I picked mine up at lunch today. Their full shipment for today's new releases didn't arrive so I was unable to pick up KMAG Yo-Yo by Hayes Carll, but I think I may be getting a digital copy from a friend until the vinyl arrives.