March 28, 201016 yr I have absolutely no doubt(zero doubt) that many UK fans would be in favor of Cal making a recruiting visit to OBL's cave if they truly thought that the 6' 10" son of Osama, Bubba Bin Laden could help lead UK to the basketball Promise Land.Same for Louisville fans and Pitino.. Comical how they thought he was the devil until he became their coach..
March 28, 201016 yr What's interesting is that some think that only UK has over zealous fans. If you have ever been to a Red Sox, Yankees, Browns, or Alabama football game you would realize the ignorance of your assumptions.
March 28, 201016 yr Same for Louisville fans and Pitino.. Comical how they thought he was the devil until he became their coach.. Heck UofL fans would defend Pitino if he had sex with someone other than his wife and then paid for her abortion. :idunno:
March 28, 201016 yr I am a UK fan through and through but there are many that I absolutely can't stand watching a game with because they expect perfection. Just last night there were guys complaining that we should pull Miller's scholarship, but they weren't saying that two games before. I just don't like that attitude. It totally annoys me and I'm sure other fans can't stand it either.
March 28, 201016 yr Same for Louisville fans and Pitino.. Comical how they thought he was the devil until he became their coach.. Heck UofL fans would defend Pitino if he had sex with someone other than his wife and then paid for her abortion. :idunno: Not all of us. Some of us never did and never will like him, but they recognize he was what UofL needed at the time he came on board. Frankly, it's pretty similar to UK hiring Calipari (when just two years earlier many of the UK flock said they wouldn't want a shady character like Calipari as coach) when it did. The whole Pitino era at UofL has been one where I have been fearful of the Cards getting put on probation.
March 28, 201016 yr Not all of us. Some of us never did and never will like him, but they recognize he was what UofL needed at the time he came on board. So The Ville has sensible fans and annoying ones too? Wow, we are all so similar when we can be honest with each other and ourselves. Fan/FanATIC are usually very close to one another.
March 28, 201016 yr So The Ville has sensible fans and annoying ones too? Wow, we are all so similar when we can be honest with each other and ourselves. Fan/FanATIC are usually very close to one another. When the fan base is quite small by comparison, the looneys are easy to overlook.
March 28, 201016 yr Not all of us. Some of us never did and never will like him, but they recognize he was what UofL needed at the time he came on board. Frankly, it's pretty similar to UK hiring Calipari (when just two years earlier many of the UK flock said they wouldn't want a shady character like Calipari as coach) when it did. The whole Pitino era at UofL has been one where I have been fearful of the Cards getting put on probation. Ok you don't like him but I'm lumping you in with the most insane, color blind UofL fans. How does it feel?
March 28, 201016 yr When the fan base is quite small by comparison, the looneys are easy to overlook. Agreed. I've only had one friend in my entire life that was a Louisville fan...he was easily dismissed. Lol. UT/Duke/UNC/Bama...i have tooooo many friends from these establishments.
March 28, 201016 yr When the fan base is quite small by comparison, the looneys are easy to overlook. Maybe its easy for you to overlook because your a UofL fan. I think this comment is hypocritical.
March 28, 201016 yr Ok you don't like him but I'm lumping you in with the most insane, color blind UofL fans. How does it feel? Knock yourself out, if it makes you feel better about yourself. Maybe its easy for you to overlook because your a UofL fan. I think this comment is hypocritical. Again, knock yourself out. But ask yourself: What's more annoying -- a single fly bugging you one day out of the week or a swarm of them buzzing you 365 days out of the year?
March 28, 201016 yr Going to rivals message boards makes me realize how enjoyable BGP is. We as fans of rival teams may not always agree on everything but a certain level of maturity and respect is expected by BGP. I'm not a member of Catspause and never will be again because of the maturity level of the average poster. Here is something all fans can be embarrassed about, I see it on UK, UL, UT, UF and many other teams message boards. The nicknames some fans call other teams are so childish. You can't convince me that the people that use these nicknames are college kids with at the least, a high school education. "Kensucky" , "LPT" and "Loserville" are nicknames given by UK/UL fans. When these nicknames are used it reminds me of a fight on the playground in grade school.
March 28, 201016 yr Knock yourself out, if it makes you feel better about yourself. Again, knock yourself out. But ask yourself: What's more annoying -- a single fly bugging you one day out of the week or a swarm of them buzzing you 365 days out of the year? I don't need to feel better. I understand there are many, many ignorant UK fans. You on the other hand want to justify things with hypocritical statements. So let me get this straight when it's you its a fly, when it's someone else its a swarm of bees. So do you find UK fans that gloat when UK wins more or less obnoxious than people like yourself who gloat when UK gets beat?
March 28, 201016 yr Going to rivals message boards makes me realize how enjoyable BGP is. We as fans of rival teams may not always agree on everything but a certain level of maturity and respect is expected by BGP. I'm not a member of Catspause and never will be again because of the maturity level of the average poster. Here is something all fans can be embarrassed about, I see it on UK, UL, UT, UF and many other teams message boards. The nicknames some fans call other teams are so childish. You can't convince me that the people that use these nicknames are college kids with at the least, a high school education. "Kensucky" , "LPT" and "Loserville" are nicknames given by UK/UL fans. When these nicknames are used it reminds me of a fight on the playground in grade school. Most posters on those boards are teenagers. At least that's my prospective. On threads like who is the best player ever at UK. Tayshaun Prince wins.
March 28, 201016 yr The 18% definitely irks me, but what also irks me is the UK fans that do nothing but criticize other UK fans and try to look good to other teams fans like they are the only reasonable UK fan in the state. Every team has their 18%. Kentucky's 18% is just much larger. So as a UK fan, I am not permitted to get aggravated with the 18% or that means we irk you as well? Man, ... as a UK fan I guess I am just out of luck and need to keep my mouth shut. We apparently can't be in or out of the 18% without ticking somebody off. :idunno:
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.