What does Queen and the Big East Conference have in common ?

Wildcat Dad

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I could make an argument for the Big 12 or Big East.

The "overseeded" argument to me is odd because really all that does is give you an easier team to play :idunno:

It wasn't an argument, it was an observation. They stunk it up even though they had several teams overseeded...

Congrats though to Coach Huggins, who's back in the Elite Eight for the first time in what, 14 years? Might be a little sweeter considering the injury they had to overcome this week. But, I'll bet he'll be preaching to his team that they shouldn't be satisfied with it!

I agree with you. Bobby finally has his team. If, UK makes it to the final 8 it is probably the game of the tourney, one of the teams should be playing on April 5th.

Poor tourney this year for Big East. Still best overall league in the country IMO. Only one elite 8 team this year, a lot different than the 4 out of 8 last year.

:laugh:Are you Serious ?I think they was good against their own conference because of the way they play but not impressive when they play other good or quality teams outside of the Big East . :popcorn::popcorn:

:laugh:Are you Serious ?I think they was good against their own conference because of the way they play but not impressive when they play other good or quality teams outside of the Big East . :popcorn::popcorn:

Dead serious. It's easy to bash them right now, since they've had a bad week. Who is better?

Don't let bias get in the way of the truth. Just because you don't like some of the teams in the Big East doesn't mean it isn't a quality league.

I've got a kick out of watching certain fan bases relishing in the the poor tourney performance of the league this season.

I could make an argument for the Big 12 or Big East.

The "overseeded" argument to me is odd because really all that does is give you an easier team to play :idunno:

I agree OR, Big 12 was as good or better this year.

Definitely the deepest conference but that doesn't make you the best.

By some's definition, that might be the reason why they ARE the best. It doesn't mean that they will necessarily have the last team standing when the tournament is done. Of course, the opposite isn't true either. Just because a team wins the tournament, doesn't mean their conference is "the best" either.

I agree. Similar to the SEC in football, there is usually another conference that is close or at least claims to be. The SEC wins titles in football though, the Big East struggles to in bball.

Good point, but winning the b-ball title and winning the football title are apples and oranges.

I agree. Similar to the SEC in football, there is usually another conference that is close or at least claims to be. The SEC wins titles in football though, the Big East struggles to in bball.

IMO, two totally different scenarios. Only IF they instituted a playoff system for football could you compare the two.

The Big East has had an awful tourney. I think it is still the best conference in the country. An analyst (I think on Fox Sports) made a good point. He said that, although the league has a bunch of very good teams and very good college talent, it does not have the NBA talent like it did the last couple of years. Without those sure-fire first round draft picks on every team it leaves them vulnerable in a one game situation. That doesn't mean that the Big East didn't have the most quality teams of any conference.

"Another one Bites the DUST" !!:rolleyes:

The Big Least.

OVER RATED.

Hype > substance

I'm sure we'll see all of this quotes again if West Virginia beats Kentucky Saturday night. :lol: