Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Summer Ball

Featured Replies

I have a hard time believing McClendon is getting SEC looks. No disrespect to the kid but if he was garnering that kind of attention he would have played a heckuva lot more for Holmes this past season. Jmo

  • Replies 289
  • Views 41.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a hard time believing McClendon is getting SEC looks. No disrespect to the kid but if he was garnering that kind of attention he would have played a heckuva lot more for Holmes this past season. Jmo

 

I totally agree with you on that. There is no way he is getting SEC looks.

I totally agree with you on that. There is no way he is getting SEC looks.

 

I think kids may be getting notes in the mail due to their attendance at prestigious camps and playing in National AAU tourneys but I dont think they are specific recruiting letters. I know of one young man who was a freshman this year who plays on the Elite and he got a postcard from UK. I dont know the specifics on McClendon but I would be surprised if he was getting SEC looks. I thought he was much better actually 2 yrs ago then what I saw of him this year. He seems rather soft and settles for 3's where as in the past when he dominated at a younger level he was a huge rebounder and was tremendous around the hoop.

I have a hard time believing McClendon is getting SEC looks. No disrespect to the kid but if he was garnering that kind of attention he would have played a heckuva lot more for Holmes this past season. Jmo

 

Who was McClendon going to play in front of last year as a freshman?

 

He surely wasn't going to play in front of either Johnson Brother or Elijah Pittman.

 

Chris Hayes? No.

Kevon Rice? No.

Jaydale Herndon? No.

Willie Slusher? No.

Demetrius Avery? No.

 

Henley did a great job the past two years bringing Christian along and helping him with the transition to the varsity level at such a young age. You'll see his role and minutes go up big time this year. I believe he was the leading scorer last year as a freshman on the JV squad.

 

I totally agree with you on that. There is no way he is getting SEC looks.

 

I personally think it's way too soon, but considering how well he's played on the AAU circuit the past few years, I wouldn't say there's NO WAY he's getting SEC looks.

 

Whether it's camp invites or not, his name is still obviously out there.

 

I think kids may be getting notes in the mail due to their attendance at prestigious camps and playing in National AAU tourneys but I dont think they are specific recruiting letters. I know of one young man who was a freshman this year who plays on the Elite and he got a postcard from UK. I dont know the specifics on McClendon but I would be surprised if he was getting SEC looks. I thought he was much better actually 2 yrs ago then what I saw of him this year. He seems rather soft and settles for 3's where as in the past when he dominated at a younger level he was a huge rebounder and was tremendous around the hoop.

 

You didn't see him much at the JV level then this past season. I usually agree with you Q, but I think you may be wrong on the above bolded. Christian actually rebounded and attacked the rim hard the times I saw him at the JV level this year.

 

This year will give us a better idea of where this kid is since his role at the varsity level will increase significantly.

The NKY Bulldogs continue to be unbeaten in pool play this year by going 2 - 0 in pool play at MidAmerica. The Bulldogs defeated South Oldham Dragons 73 - 56 and SI Heat 60 - 48. In the first game the Bulldogs were led by Bobby Stauffer with 24 and Robbie Barber with 18. In the second game the Dogs were led by Bobby Stauffer with 16, Matt Trammel with 13, and Jacob Flesch with 10. They open bracket play tommorow morning with the Southside Heat.

The NKY Bulldogs continue to be unbeaten in pool play this year by going 2 - 0 in pool play at MidAmerica. The Bulldogs defeated South Oldham Dragons 73 - 56 and SI Heat 60 - 48. In the first game the Bulldogs were led by Bobby Stauffer with 24 and Robbie Barber with 18. In the second game the Dogs were led by Bobby Stauffer with 16, Matt Trammel with 13, and Jacob Flesch with 10. They open bracket play tommorow morning with the Southside Heat.

 

Where is this tourney beging held?

In the WVa tourney SS-Davis 17u won all 3 games today and winning their pool. Defeating Morgantown Rebels, Team Ky and D-1 Greyhounds by 15 points.

The NKY Bulldogs continue to be unbeaten in pool play this year by going 2 - 0 in pool play at MidAmerica. The Bulldogs defeated South Oldham Dragons 73 - 56 and SI Heat 60 - 48. In the first game the Bulldogs were led by Bobby Stauffer with 24 and Robbie Barber with 18. In the second game the Dogs were led by Bobby Stauffer with 16, Matt Trammel with 13, and Jacob Flesch with 10. They open bracket play tommorow morning with the Southside Heat.

 

Haven't heard Robbie Barber's name in a while, when did he start playing with the Bulldogs?

I think kids may be getting notes in the mail due to their attendance at prestigious camps and playing in National AAU tourneys but I dont think they are specific recruiting letters. I know of one young man who was a freshman this year who plays on the Elite and he got a postcard from UK. I dont know the specifics on McClendon but I would be surprised if he was getting SEC looks. I thought he was much better actually 2 yrs ago then what I saw of him this year. He seems rather soft and settles for 3's where as in the past when he dominated at a younger level he was a huge rebounder and was tremendous around the hoop.
I don't think you seen this kid much because he is anything but soft, he might be one of the strongest freshmen I've seen this year.

Am I correct that McClendon is the son of Andre?

Walter you may be right since you have seen much more of McClendon at the JV level. Like I said no disrespect wsa meant and I hope he flourishes in the new Holmes coaches system I was just basing my opinion on what I saw last season which was limited action.

 

Neerfan he is not Andre's son but probably a relation of some kind. He is a great player with a sweet stroke, I'm certainly not looking forward to having to watch the Birds face him over the next 3 seasons because he is a player. I'm just not so sure an Sec caliber type just yet.

 

If someone told me Hatton was getting SEC looks that may be more believable only because of what he did last season as an 8th grader against Varsity competition.

Did Shining Stars Davis Play DS All Stars in Charleston?

I know they were both there

From what I heard Derek Smith beat Shining Stars in the finals. I don't know which SS. I just heard it was the one with Stenzel Knipp etc. The information I got said Tanner Shotwell and Jordan Gilbert both had 20ish in the victory for DSAS.

Haven't heard Robbie Barber's name in a while, when did he start playing with the Bulldogs?

 

This was Robbie's second tournament with the Bulldogs. He has been a great addition. He adds a tremendous amount of depth to the guard position.

Where is this tourney beging held?

 

This tournament was at MidAmerica Sports Center in Louisvile, KY.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.