Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Enes Kanter commits to Kentucky

Featured Replies

Huge add by the Cats.

 

I've heard rumblings that wherever Enes ended up would have to deal with him missing some games at the start of the season because of questions with his eligibility, but I may be thinking of someone else...:idunno:

 

I had heard some eligibility questions too. Can Wireman or GT chime in?

 

Good news though.

  • Replies 112
  • Views 15.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, there will be some details to work out and he may be required to miss a few games.

Huge add by the Cats.

 

I've heard rumblings that wherever Enes ended up would have to deal with him missing some games at the start of the season because of questions with his eligibility, but I may be thinking of someone else...:idunno:

 

 

What kind of eligibility issues does he have?

Even with Orton and Bledsoe leaving?

 

I think they'll both leave, but I'd be surprised if Cal can't bring in 3 or 4 5* starters

What kind of eligibility issues does he have?

 

I think he played on a pro team where other players were paid but he wasn't.

Way to go CATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think he played on a pro team where other players were paid but he wasn't.

 

That sounds right, definitely one of those foreign pro/amature/semi-pro things.

What kind of eligibility issues does he have?

 

There are these issues with almost every player from overseas because of the club teams they played on growing up. If anyone on those teams were paid, it's seen as a pro team and games are taken away from the player even if he was never paid himself...

  • Author

Kanter had originally committed to Washington but re-opened the process. He's projected as one of the top 15 picks in the 2011 NBA Draft.

 

Scout.com reported that Kanter turned down a pair of multiyear deals before coming to the States. Olympiacos offered him $2 million per year for two seasons while a team in Turkey offered him five-year, $6 million dollar deal.

 

West Coast expert Dinos Trigonis said after watching Kanter in the Fullcourt Press Spring League that he was a "bigger post version of (former North Carolina All-American) Tyler Hansbrough" and "a man playing with the boys at the high school level."

HUGE!!!!!!!!!! Great pickup. Should be in the top 25 of the final Rivals 150 rankings this Spring.

NBADraft.net projects him at #13 in 2011...

There are these issues with almost every player from overseas because of the club teams they played on growing up. If anyone on those teams were paid, it's seen as a pro team and games are taken away from the player even if he was never paid himself...

 

 

Do you know of any recent players that you could use as an example? I'm just wondering how many games he could possibly miss?

  • Author
Do you know of any recent players that you could use as an example? I'm just wondering how many games he could possibly miss?

 

I read somewhere that a rule the NCAA is supposedly passing this year may not require him to sit out a bunch of games, as long as he was not paid.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.