Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Greenup County job posting........

Featured Replies

Perhaps I don't fully understand the situation here, but why would you apply for a position, only to turn it down when they offerred you the job? Makes no sense to me.

  • Replies 144
  • Views 22.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps I don't fully understand the situation here, but why would you apply for a position, only to turn it down when they offerred you the job? Makes no sense to me.

 

One may have applied for the position and just as they are doing homework on you, you are doing homework on them, and conclude that the position is not a good fit for you.

 

Selecting a coach that is a fit is tough. Selecting a school that is a fit is a tough choice for a career minded coach.

Probably because to find out about the job... and all that goes with it, one would probably have to apply first. Once the school decides who they want it's their job to sell the program to the prospective coach too. I would imagine that schools sometimes drop the ball on this part.

One may have applied for the position and just as they are doing homework on you, you are doing homework on them, and conclude that the position is not a good fit for you.

 

Selecting a coach that is a fit is tough. Selecting a school that is a fit is a tough choice for a career minded coach.

 

Probably because to find out about the job... and all that goes with it, one would probably have to apply first. Once the school decides who they want it's their job to sell the program to the prospective coach too. I would imagine that schools sometimes drop the ball on this part.

I would think that it wouldn't be a secret what Greenup's program has been through and it's current state. Seems I'd have a clue about a place before I applied. I understand that there are other issues involved in the hiring process, but sure does leave a school hanging out to dry sometimes when you say "thanks but no thanks".

Take your time and hire the right person for GCHS.

  • Author
I would think that it wouldn't be a secret what Greenup's program has been through and it's current state. Seems I'd have a clue about a place before I applied. I understand that there are other issues involved in the hiring process, but sure does leave a school hanging out to dry sometimes when you say "thanks but no thanks".

 

I think he was truly interested in accepting but was vetoed by his wife......

The talent is there and coming up, all GCHS needs to do is find the right fit, they'll get to Rupp... Take your time, be patient, patience is a virtue... Get the right fit, could be right in front of your eyes...

There could be an announcement on this as soon as tomorrow...

Anybody heard about an announcement today?

Randy McCoy turned down the Greenup job...

 

Good for Greenup County!!:thumb:

Anybody heard about an announcement today?

 

The offer was made to Adkins and he is taking his time deciding to see if Campbellsville will up the ante to keep him.:popcorn:

 

Apparently Greenup decided to offer him the AD job as well to give him a salary increase.:popcorn:

 

Greenup may be left holding the bag again.:popcorn:

 

I heard about two months ago that the Greenup AD was leaving and it appears that might be the case.

The offer was made to Adkins and he is taking his time deciding to see if Campbellsville will up the ante to keep him.:popcorn:

 

Apparently Greenup decided to offer him the AD job as well to give him a salary increase.:popcorn:

 

Greenup may be left holding the bag again.:popcorn:

 

I heard about two months ago that the Greenup AD was leaving and it appears that might be the case.

 

 

I can see Adkins coming to GC with the spouse's connections here in Greenup Co. :thumb:

I do know Adkins is giving it some very serious consideration, and if the chips fall the way they need to for this to happen, GCHS basketball will never be the same...

 

I know this coach, first class act, completely...

I believe GC can scratch Adkins off the list. He is headed to Nashville on a recruiting trip and seems rather happy where he is. I don't know if they ponied up a raise or not.:eyeonyou:

So, what will they do? Are there any candidates left?

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.