Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Greenup County job posting........

Featured Replies

Dunaway made the right decision giving all the issues that were facing him that no one knows about, Adkins was still in the game and he had a lot of folks working to get him here but certain ppl were dragging their feet in CO, June is right around the corner, he needed to get a coach on board and Adkins still might not have came to GCHS. I think he made a good decision giving someone from within a chance to make it at the next level. If we give Nickel the support and guidance that he should get GCHS will be just fine and I would venture to say that GCHS will be at Rupp this coming season. I support his decision especially knowing what he was up against.

  • Replies 144
  • Views 22.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dunaway made the right decision giving all the issues that were facing him that no one knows about, Adkins was still in the game and he had a lot of folks working to get him here but certain ppl were dragging their feet in CO, June is right around the corner, he needed to get a coach on board and Adkins still might not have came to GCHS. I think he made a good decision giving someone from within a chance to make it at the next level. If we give Nickel the support and guidance that he should get GCHS will be just fine and I would venture to say that GCHS will be at Rupp this coming season. I support his decision especially knowing what he was up against.

 

You're taking GC to win the 16th? I don't follow the region as much as I should, what do they have coming back?

Greenup has some good talent coming back, not sure who is going to run the point but solid everywhere else. My only question is who on Greenup is going to stop Knipp from getting, let's say 50, if and when they matchup. Yes, I know one player can't beat a team but I was just wondering if anyone could answer that question for me, thanks.

Greenup will not win the region, IMO. High school basketball is very much about guard play. Doesn't matter how many 6'6 kids you have if they don't get shots. GC is very talented, but with all the turmoil and the prolonged coaching search, that's a bit of a stretch IMO. Elliott, West Carter, Rowan County will be the early favorites in the 16th.

I agree Greenup has some talent, but they not one of the favs in the region. Depending on Smith's status their district is up in the air.

We shall see when that ball is thrown up, Hampton is in the weight room hitting it hard, getting stronger, quicker and bigger, Williams is going to be ready after this summer, he is chomping at the bit, plus I heard they might have a point guard coming in this summer and a couple of football players that didn't play last year that are very athletic are coming out too, a lot of size, quickness and can shoot the lights out from the three point arch, if I was Nickel I would be very excited about GCHS, the potential is there, I see a lot of basketball, they have the potential to be at Rupp next year no doubt.

I agree they have some potential, but those kids have been there for a while and not done much. First round district loss in 2009 to a team with very few wins and 2010 district title vs. a not so strong field & Lewis Co.'s best player in street clothes. I would be careful counting on a first year coach and a possible transfer to play the point. I do wish the new coach the best of luck and welcome him to the 16th!

Nickel has the energy and the passion that it will take to take this team to the next level. The staff that he puts together to handle the jv and feeder system will help to determine his stay at Greenup. Development is the key no matter where you are coaching. Look forward to seeing all of this unfold.

Nickel has the energy and the passion that it will take to take this team to the next level. The staff that he puts together to handle the jv and feeder system will help to determine his stay at Greenup. Development is the key no matter where you are coaching. Look forward to seeing all of this unfold.

 

So does my 4 year old grandson. That doesn't mean he can coach.:popcorn: This should be the top team in the region with the athletes they have returning. They should have an absolute cakewalk in the district, so time will tell us a few things.:eyeonyou:

Regionwide they don't have star power like a few other teams and in the district, it will be more competitve than you think. Last season the top 3 teams were all 4-2 in seed games. Russell beat them 2 years ago with most of the same key players and I heard Lewis is getting Smith back and I will never count out Coach Floyd. Greenup County needs to just give this guy a chance and not put too much pressure on him, let him coach and run the whole ship!

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.