Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Greenup County job posting........

Featured Replies

So, what will they do? Are there any candidates left?

 

Dunaway can either give the job to Jeff Nickel, who I don't believe has ever coached a high school game or he might see if Coach Dodd still has any interest.

  • Replies 144
  • Views 22.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dunaway can either give the job to Jeff Nickel, who I don't believe has ever coached a high school game or he might see if Coach Dodd still has any interest.
Have they contacted Dodd or has he interviewed at all?

People said he was in the running and on the list to be interviewed when word got out that they offered to someone else. What about Ward?

Have they contacted Dodd or has he interviewed at all?

 

Coach Dodd spoke to Jim Dunaway once early but has not been in town.

I believe GC can scratch Adkins off the list. He is headed to Nashville on a recruiting trip and seems rather happy where he is. I don't know if they ponied up a raise or not.:eyeonyou:

 

:eyeonyou:I was a tad premature on the recruiting trip. It isn't scheduled yet but it still looks like he's staying put.

Dunaway can either give the job to Jeff Nickel, who I don't believe has ever coached a high school game or he might see if Coach Dodd still has any interest.

 

What about Randy Ward is he still interested or maybe Roger Zones.

No, don't scratch Adkins off the list yet. Better wait until tomorrow before we jump the gun...

:eyeonyou:I was a tad premature on the recruiting trip. It isn't scheduled yet but it still looks like he's staying put.

 

Adkins still in the game folks... Don't scratch him off, still things going on behind scenes...

Adkins still in the game folks... Don't scratch him off, still things going on behind scenes...

 

I may be wrong but I think he is just using this to get the college to pony up more money.

"Nickell" for anybody's thoughts on this?

Nickell named coach today by Dunaway. I think this is a good decision.

Nickell named coach today by Dunaway. I think this is a good decision.

 

:irked::eyeonyou: If this is true, it is absolutely ridiculous!!! This should have been the top team in the region this year. I'll say one thing for the principal, (if your information is correct) he's flat out lied to the Ol Duckster on a couple of occasions.:puke:

Whoever the coach is I just hope Greenup supports them. There is no excuse for GC athletics to not be among the top teams in every sport in EKY IMO. They have always had talent, have two feeder programs at the middle school level, and never do anything with it in basketball. I don't know much about the situation, but it always seems that the politics get in the way. Hopefully this changes because Greenup should always have a good basketball team, they just have to let a coach do his thing and build the program.

:irked::eyeonyou: If this is true, it is absolutely ridiculous!!! This should have been the top team in the region this year. I'll say one thing for the principal, (if your information is correct) he's flat out lied to the Ol Duckster on a couple of occasions.:puke:

 

Your old buddy Dodd passed over at GC twice now. Perhaps you are the only one on the board with such high regard for him. As for the decision, seems they had the guy in house all along. Could have made this a much better affair if they'd have simply hired him instead of going through Ringling Bros. Coach Recruiting 101. No matter the circumstance, Mr. Nickel looks to be the last option, whether or not it's the truth. Good luck to him. To say he starts off with a full house is an understatement. How about the bullseye right out of the gate coach? Kinda like your neighbor Cooksey Jr. inherited last season. Now two old goats Rex and Dodd are out to pasture. Probably grazing over in Ward's yard.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.