Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Cronin Will Return Next Season

Featured Replies

I just talked to UC athletic director Mike Thomas, who confirmed that Mick Cronin would return next season for his fifth season as head coach.

 

“Coach Cronin is our coach now and he’ll be our coach next year,” Thomas said. “I’m committed to seeing Cincinnati basketball be the best it can be. The university is behind coach Cronin and the team.

 

“I’m an impatient person and I know the Bearcat Nation is impatient, but I think the needle is headed in the right direction.”

 

http://cincinnati.com/blogs/uc/2010/03/05/cronin-will-return-next-year/

Does anyone think basketball wise it was a bad move for Cinncinatti to move to the Big East? They just aren't on the same level right now year in and year out with Syracuse, Villanova, Georgetown, UConn, UL, West Virginia, etc.

Your thoughts on this GT?

One more year... lets see if he can get over the hump.

I think its because they no longer have Huggy Bear as the Coach. If Huggins was still there they would be at or near the top. Just like to drink and drive too much there

  • Author
Your thoughts on this GT?

 

He deserves at least one and likely two more years to show he can go from the rebuilding phase to the next level of making the tournament on a regular basis and finishing in the top half of the league. If Lance does stay for another year I think they should be back to that level...

  • Author
Does anyone think basketball wise it was a bad move for Cinncinatti to move to the Big East? They just aren't on the same level right now year in and year out with Syracuse, Villanova, Georgetown, UConn, UL, West Virginia, etc.

 

It was the handling of the Huggins situation, a self imposed death penalty and moving to the Big East all hitting at the same time that has created the situation UC is in right now. If the progress over the last 4 years continues the program will be just fine...

Does anyone think basketball wise it was a bad move for Cinncinatti to move to the Big East? They just aren't on the same level right now year in and year out with Syracuse, Villanova, Georgetown, UConn, UL, West Virginia, etc.

 

I think the move to the B-East was more of a football motivated move. Appears to have worked out quite well.

I think the move to the B-East was more of a football motivated move. Appears to have worked out quite well.

 

Or just a money motivated move. Moving from a mid major conference to a major one is a no-brainer.

I wish he'd have stayed at Murray State

Me too, although Mick already had one foot out the door before he even coached his first game.

I wish he'd have stayed at Murray State

 

Kennedy is doing a nice job and there is not nearly as many outside distractions going on either.

  • Author

Nothing like following up the old vote of confidence with a complete and total disaster of a performance the next day... :ohbrother:

GT, do you think Cronin will be back next season ?

 

:D:D:D

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.