Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky or Kansas?

Featured Replies

Lots of "ifs" in these posts. I go with UK because they are the better team IMO. I am not impressed with Aldrich whatsoever, and I put Liggins on Henry and tell him not to leave him. UK wins this matchup by 7. KU looked very average against OK St. Hope we get to see this game in a few weeks.

UK is shooting 67.9% from the line

 

KU is shooting 69.2% from the line

 

Interesting, for argument's sake....

 

Syracuse is shooting 64.5% from the line

 

Duke is shooting 75.9% from the line

 

K State is shooting 66.0% from the line

Lots of "ifs" in these posts. I go with UK because they are the better team IMO. I am not impressed with Aldrich whatsoever, and I put Liggins on Henry and tell him not to leave him. UK wins this matchup by 7. KU looked very average against OK St. Hope we get to see this game in a few weeks.

 

I don't get that argument. What do you think UK looked like against UT? UK looked very average. Both team have a ton of talent, except one team has talent and experience. So I think that has to give Kansas the edge, but barely. It would be interesting to see what an unbiased fan would say. We know Kansas fans would favor Kansas, UK fans would think UK is better. People who are not UK fans on here, are not going to favor UK because they would have a bias going against UK. I think if you take a true unbiased fan, more people would say Kansas is the team they would take because of the experience.

I say UK. Cousins would be one of the few bigs would could get the best of Aldrich, which would be a huge advantage over KU. I like Patterson against the twins at the 4 too, I think he would do well against them. Collins would have his moments against Wall, but Wall is going to have his moments against anyone so it would be a wash IMO. The 2 & 3 positions would be of concern, but I like Liggins and Millers length and athleticism against Henry. They wouldn't shut him down, but they would be better defenders than he faces on most nights I would imagine.

 

Syracuse would be scary for either team, especially UK.

UK is shooting 67.9% from the line

 

KU is shooting 69.2% from the line

 

Interesting, for argument's sake....

 

Syracuse is shooting 64.5% from the line

 

Duke is shooting 75.9% from the line

 

K State is shooting 66.0% from the line

 

And yet Kansas, UK, and Cuse all have better records. So are you trying to say free throws don't mean as much this year as everyone says they do in other years?

I would have to go with Kansas, because of experience.

I know it's been said in the thread a few times, but I will say it again...

 

I would much rather play Kansas, than Syracuse IMO.

I've said Kansas all year so I'll stick with it. Experience is big IMO, and Collins is a gamer. Now, Wall is too, but on a Monday night in April, UK would have to play their best game of the season I think.

IT depends on which team shows up. UK hasn't been very consistant as of late. If they bring their A game I'd say they win. If they don't then its definitely Kansas.

 

What if they both brought their "A" game? Who is the better team when hot?

Lots of "ifs" in these posts. I go with UK because they are the better team IMO. I am not impressed with Aldrich whatsoever, and I put Liggins on Henry and tell him not to leave him. UK wins this matchup by 7. KU looked very average against OK St. Hope we get to see this game in a few weeks.

I agree with this - I think KY is the better team. However, the best team doesn't always win. I think the youth of KY which has contributed to inconsistent play would allow Kansas to pull out a win over us though. If I had to pick, I'll have to say Kansas..... but not that KY doesn't have every chance in the world to get the W.

  • Author

I would have to go with UK. But a very close call here. The first reason is because UK has three players that at any given moment can go off and carry Kentucky. (Pat, Big Cuz, John Wall) Yes, we do have a bad 3PT percentage, but if you look back to the 07-08 Memphis team that went to the national championship they only shot 34% on the season, and thats where UK's percentage stands now. So that shows right there that you don't need a great 3PT percentage to get far in the tourney! I think the only real problem Kentucky would have is with X. Henry. He is very versatile and also at any given moment can go off. But I think if we have a few defenders rotating in and out guarding him, we would manage to stop him.

I think UK is the better team. Kansas, Kentucky and Syracuse are the absolute three best teams. But since we are sticking with "Kentucky or Kansas" i'll say UK. This game comes down to the battle of the big men. While Collins, Henry, Wall and Bledsoe are a very talented back court it just comes down to the big men. I believe Cousins would win the battle of the big men. Aldrich(sp?) is a very talented big man but I just believe Cousins is a little bit better all around. As long as Cousins stays out of foul trouble early UK wins the game. Also, Patterson is a better big man than the Morris twins.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.