Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Cantrall's latest Boys rating

Featured Replies

BOYS’ TOP 25

 

•1. Ballard

•2. Eastern

•3 Scott County

•4. Shelby Valley

•5. Lexington Catholic

•6. Trinity

•7. Christian County

•8. Clark County

•8. Manual

•10. Jeffersontwon

•11. Warren Central

•12. Holmes

•13. Iroquois

•14. Boone County

•15. Bowling Green

•16. South Oldham

•16. Madison Southern

•18. Mason County

•19. Seneca

•20. Corbin

•21. Moore

•22. Tates Creek

•23. Male

•24. Pleasure Ridge Park

•25. Fern Creek

 

Manual makes a major move into the top ten. Five of the top ten out of the 7th Region!

  • Replies 30
  • Views 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We should see Scott Co fall some and Lexington Catholic go higher.

 

7th region is just flat loaded.

These ratings are always :lol:

These ratings are always :lol:
What's laughable about them?

The best team isn't ranked in the top 3. Scott County is too high. Catholic is too low.

What's laughable about them?

 

I agree with Wireman...these rankings, as always, are absolutely horrible.

 

Trinity not in the top 2 is quite comical.

 

Christian Co beat Sheby Valley AT SHELBY VALLEY and have played a tougher schedule but yet SV is ranked ahead of them.

 

I also don't see how they can put Holmes at #13. I realize they've had a few close games but they're 19-5 and onlt two of those losses are to in state teams.

 

Male is also better than the 23rd best team in the state.

 

I could go on, but you get the point. These rankings are a joke. Cantrell and Litkenhous both are horrible.

So McCreary beats #19, #20, and #23... but no McCreary.

 

I agree.

 

I agree with Wireman...these rankings, as always, are absolutely horrible.

 

Trinity not in the top 2 is quite comical.

 

Christian Co beat Sheby Valley AT SHELBY VALLEY and have played a tougher schedule but yet SV is ranked ahead of them.

 

I also don't see how they can put Holmes at #13. I realize they've had a few close games but they're 19-5 and onlt two of those losses are to in state teams.

 

Male is also better than the 23rd best team in the state.

 

I could go on, but you get the point. These rankings are a joke. Cantrell and Litkenhous both are horrible.

 

Agree on all accounts. I am not knocking Madison Southern, but how they are rated this high, :idunno: I do not feel that they could beat any of the teams rated below them:

 

•16. Madison Southern

•18. Mason County

•19. Seneca

•20. Corbin

•21. Moore

•22. Tates Creek

•23. Male

•24. Pleasure Ridge Park

•25. Fern Creek

It looks like these rankings are based on preseason opinions and haven't changed much despite what a team has achieved to this point of the season.

 

Although I still believe Eastern could be the 2nd ranked team, they haven't played like it yet.

 

I also agree Shelby Valley has done nothing to be in the top ten as they have not beaten anybody of significance.

 

Clark also should be a bit lower as don't they have at least six losses? I would argue that Holmes has a similar number of losses so why are they lower?

What's laughable about them?

 

Holmes not being in the top 5 is laughable. They are the defending state champs and have a 19-5 record with only two in state losses.

I agree.

 

 

 

Agree on all accounts. I am not knocking Madison Southern, but how they are rated this high, :idunno: I do not feel that they could beat any of the teams rated below them:

 

•16. Madison Southern

•18. Mason County

•19. Seneca

•20. Corbin

•21. Moore

•22. Tates Creek

•23. Male

•24. Pleasure Ridge Park

•25. Fern Creek

 

McCreary was ranked 12th.

With only 2 losses to Scott Co. and Lexington Cathloic they drop out of the top 25.

 

Getting to 12th with a 3rd place finish at Cathloic tournament ,with wins over Hazard, Seneca, Male, and Muhlenberg Co.

 

Since Jan go 10-2 with wins over Anderson Co. and Corbin.

What purpose do these rankings serve?

What purpose do these rankings serve?

 

Threads like this

Holmes not being in the top 5 is laughable. They are the defending state champs and have a 19-5 record with only two in state losses.
I believe Holmes is a top-five team, but Cantrall's formula takes margin of victory into account. Holmes' recent close calls (three over NewCath, three over Dixie and two over Campbell) and the loss to Ryle brings their numbers down.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.