2010 UK vs. UL game time & date is set

Xtiger69

Game with be on Saturday Sept. 4th @ 3:30pm confirmed by UL. Glad I didn't plan a wedding for my daughter on that day or anything- wait a minute I did. I can't believe it it has been on Sunday the last several years it has been UL's home game and the one time it is not it comes back and bites me. We have got to move the whole wedding to Friday what a mess.

I just went through the ordeal of moving my son's wedding. We got it all accomplished in one day. You need hints, I've got tons. Suffice it to say, it's not at our parish church, but the reception is at the same place and it all worked out even better than the original plan. But, I feel for you. We had to find a new church, find a priest, move the reception date and all that good stuff in less than 24 hours.

How hot will it be sitting in those nasty red buckets in the middle of the afternoon on September 4th?

I'll feel like a Papa John's pizza in the oven.

You mean the ones that are 100x more comfortable than the bleachers at Commonwealth? :lol:

You have to move your daughter's wedding to accomodate watching a football game? No offense, but sounds like priorities may not be in line....:idunno:

Hey their is a famous Alabama story about parents skipping their daughters wedding and only going to the reception because she scheduled it during Bama UT game.

I would venture to say too it's because they would like to have a lot of family and friends there and you don't want to force some to make a choice and hurt feelings result.

You have to move your daughter's wedding to accomodate watching a football game? No offense, but sounds like priorities may not be in line....:idunno:

There is 1 day for the game, but 364 days to schedule a wedding. I'd say move it in a heartbeat!:D

Hey their is a famous Alabama story about parents skipping their daughters wedding and only going to the reception because she scheduled it during Bama UT game.

I would venture to say too it's because they would like to have a lot of family and friends there and you don't want to force some to make a choice and hurt feelings result.

Hey, my wedding was on the afternoon of the UK / UL BASKETBALL game. It was December 31, 1988. We had about 300 at the wedding. Of course, UK sucked that year and maybe that's why they all turned out. :D

Truth is, in an age of DVR and recording, why would you feel people wouldn't come? The good news is, you have several months to fix it if you truly believe the bride and groom want to move the date. :thumb: