Bengals Draft

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would package CJ and a pick for B. Marshall then go get Eric Berry or Taylor Mayes. Turn around and draft a WR with the next pick if possible. If they get Marshall, 1 of those safeties and another WR then they will be good. Need a TE too.

Anybody have a list of free agent WR's, TE's and Safeties?

I would package CJ and a pick for B. Marshall then go get Eric Berry or Taylor Mayes. Turn around and draft a WR with the next pick if possible. If they get Marshall, 1 of those safeties and another WR then they will be good. Need a TE too.

If someone has such a list, please forward it to the Bengals...:D

If someone has such a list, please forward it to the Bengals...:D

:laugh: Good stuff! Mayes is such a freak but I worry a little about his change of direction in the NFL. He is a freak for the position though. Berry is so athletic!

Funny how Garcon and Collie flat light it up yesterday with Wayne/Clark blanketed. Research? Scheme? QB? Coaching? I'd say all of the above probably.

Why would you trade Chad Johnson, if you want this team to have a real shot at going far next year? I am with you for trading for Marshall, I been saying that for awhile. However do so by giving up a 2nd and a third, or if you have to your first. Chad Johnson still has some left in the tank, and would then be going against teams #2 corner, without much double coverage. He would do great and would be a big help for this offense. Say they do give up Marhsall for a 2nd and a third. Then with that first pick take Mays at safety, or even Dez Bryant if he is still there. If this team would have to give up their first pick, then it still would be worth it for Marshall. This team is one of the youngest teams in the league, then can afford to give up a 1st round pick who is not proven, for a guy who is proven. If they do what you said, this team is just back to where they were last year with basically only having one good receiver.

The Broncos would not trade for OchoCinco and a draft pick, unless it is a 1st or 2nd rounder.

Eric Berry will be gone long before the Bengals get a pick. If Taylor Mays is still around, he's the best option IMO.

Coincidence that the two years the Bengals go to the Super Bowl that they had a tight end with more than 500 receiving yards that season? Yes, they had a good running game with Pete Johnson and Ickey Woods/James Brooks during that time...Dan Ross and Rodney Holman gave those offenses an added dimension.

While I like Reggie Kelly, I don't think he's going to be another Ross or Holman. I'd like to see what Coffman can do before we take another tight end in the first round. If someone's still there in the 3rd round (or later) that you want to take a flyer on, go ahead. But, I'd be looking at some other key positions in the first and second rounds.

Would be nice to see another Holman or Ross come along ,that is an option we haven't had in a while .I have hoped for a TE for the last 4 years in the draft ,Coffman is the only possibly capable of helping in the passing game . A pass catching TE would just add such a great option for us next year and I truly believe Hernandez has stardom written all over him . I just hate to see us miss out on him . :rolleyes::rolleyes:

The Bengals need a left tackle in the worst way. Move Whitworth to guard and put Bobbie on the bench. Their line was HORRIBLE at the end of the year. This team doesn't have time to break in a rookie receiver, they need to bite the bullet and sign Crazy Marshall. They can address TE and safety in the second-third round. The problem is, is there a LT that can step in and start?

I disagree about Kelley. He is regarded as a very good run blocking tight end. But I get what you mean, they haven't had a receiving threat, to speak of, at TE for a long time. I'm hoping Coffman can become that kind of player instead of having to used another really high pick on a TE. Most teams don't use high picks on TE's.

McGee was the last TE that we had that was a threat.

Any TE the Bengakls draft better be a great blocker or he won't see the field. The Bengals offense just does not use the TE like other teams and it is a waste to draft one in the first couple of rounds. The Bengals need and BIG WR. That is the trend in the league. Get a big strong WR on one side and watch Chad's stats get even better.

The Bengals need a left tackle in the worst way. Move Whitworth to guard and put Bobbie on the bench. Their line was HORRIBLE at the end of the year. This team doesn't have time to break in a rookie receiver, they need to bite the bullet and sign Crazy Marshall. They can address TE and safety in the second-third round. The problem is, is there a LT that can step in and start?

Huh? Whitworth actually did a really good job there this year. His problems just were the same as the whole offensive line though with jumping offsides and holds. The whole line was having issues with that though. I read somewhere that Whitworth only gave up 1 and a half sacks this year that is not bad at all. The line will look better if the Bengals have some receivers who can get open. Palmer had to hold onto the ball even longer this year trying to wait for someone to get open.

Besides the left tackle thing you talk about, I agree with everything else.:thumb: