Bengals Draft

I just saw were Mel Kiper Jr. has A. Hernandez projected as the Bengals first round pick .:banana::banana: I really like this pick ,he has good hands and can help with the Bengals lack of quality receivers . Has anyone heard anything to the possibilty of the Bengals being involved in the Brandon Marshall market ? I have heard it twice in the last week but can't find out anything definitely .:popcorn: :ohbrother:

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the Bengals plan on drafting another tight end they'd bettter off getting Jermaine Greshman out of Oklahoma.

I personally think they're gonna draft Taylor Mays out of USC.

If Brandon Spikes or Sergio Kindle are still on the board, I think both would be very good picks as well. Bengals could have the best LB corps in the NFL if one of those two fall in to their lap.

Spikes has been dropping recently on draft boards so he could be another steal like Maualuga was this past draft.

He has looked like the real deal every time I watched him this year. Hernandez that is .

He looks like a big WR more than an NFL TE. The Bengals got a pass-catching TE last year who won the Mackey award as the nation's best collegiate TE. Why take Hernandez?

Yep, kind of like Joseph, Hall, Rivers and Ray?

Chris Perry, Kenny Irons, Chase Coffman, Jerome Simpson and on and on. If we were to keep score on drafted players that were very good, compared to those that were not, since Marvin, well it's not close. Really to be able to name four is pretty good considering the Bengals Draft history under Mikey boy.

Are there small TEs that can run block effectively?

He's small but I don't see why he couldn't block. Maybe he won't ever be a top of the line run blocking TE but he could be adequate. I guess Dwight Freeney is too small to get a good pass rush or Drew Brees can't play QB? Hernandez did everything in college, and I know that it's a big difference at the next level but you'd have to think he'd put on weight. He'll be okay IMO.

Chris Perry, Kenny Irons, Chase Coffman, Jerome Simpson and on and on. If we were to keep score on drafted players that were very good, compared to those that were not, since Marvin, well it's not close. Really to be able to name four is pretty good considering the Bengals Draft history under Mikey boy.

TJ Houshmanzadeh was a 7th round selection. OchoCinco was another good draft pick.

Kenny Irons was injured, so that's just bad luck. Same with David Pollack. Similar story with Odell Thurman.

There's no excuse for Chris Perry and Jerome Simpson though. Overall, I agree with you. But let's not act like the Bengals haven't made SOME good choices.

I was very pleased with last year's draft, including Coffman. Hopefully he'll contribute next year.