Bengals Draft

Any TE the Bengakls draft better be a great blocker or he won't see the field. The Bengals offense just does not use the TE like other teams and it is a waste to draft one in the first couple of rounds. The Bengals need and BIG WR. That is the trend in the league. Get a big strong WR on one side and watch Chad's stats get even better.

I agree. I don't think Chad would even mind if the Bengals traded for a #1 receiver in Marshall. Because I am sure he knows that his production would be even better if he had someone good on the opposite side of him.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Huh? Whitworth actually did a really good job there this year. His problems just were the same as the whole offensive line though with jumping offsides and holds. The whole line was having issues with that though. I read somewhere that Whitworth only gave up 1 and a half sacks this year that is not bad at all. The line will look better if the Bengals have some receivers who can get open. Palmer had to hold onto the ball even longer this year trying to wait for someone to get open.

Whitworth's number was called a lot, but I agree that he filled in admirably. Fact is he's a much better guard than tackle.

Bobbie Williams has to be about done. He's 33. He's versatile enough to keep around, but it's time to get another offensive lineman. Another solid tackle would allow Whitworth to move back to guard.

A name I heard tonight: Myron Rolle, from FSU is back from Oxford. The projection I heard was late 2nd to 4th round. I would love to see the Bengals take the best player available in the 1st and Rolle in the 2nd. Convert Rolle to safety and there's our ball hawking safety.

Any TE the Bengakls draft better be a great blocker or he won't see the field. The Bengals offense just does not use the TE like other teams and it is a waste to draft one in the first couple of rounds. The Bengals need and BIG WR. That is the trend in the league. Get a big strong WR on one side and watch Chad's stats get even better.

Could that be the fault of the offensive coordinator? :irked:

• 2 weeks later...
OMG I just saw another mock draft out of Arizonia and it had the WR , I believe last name of Benn out of Illinois as our pick . Looks like we may waste another pick on a WR, I still like Hernandez .

Its a mock draft, calm down! These guys HAVE NO CLUE who the Bengals will take, they haven't even had the combine yet. Yes there is a good chance the Bengals would need to take a receiver though early in the draft at some point.

OMG I just saw another mock draft out of Arizonia and it had the WR , I believe last name of Benn out of Illinois as our pick . Looks like we may waste another pick on a WR, I still like Hernandez .

I've seen that as well. The thing with Benn is, when you look at what he did, you have to consider he had JUICE WILLIAMS throwing him the ball!! That's like looking at the Bengals receiving numbers when Ryan Fitzpatrick was the QB!!

There would appear to be some potential there...the question is, how much? If some of the more elite receivers are gone by then, this wouldn't ruin my day with this pick.

I've seen that as well. The thing with Benn is, when you look at what he did, you have to consider he had JUICE WILLIAMS throwing him the ball!! That's like looking at the Bengals receiving numbers when Ryan Fitzpatrick was the QB!!

There would appear to be some potential there...the question is, how much? If some of the more elite receivers are gone by then, this wouldn't ruin my day with this pick.

But if I remember right they was saying that he would be the second WR picked .:idunno::isurrender:

If they draft a TE in the 1st round they better change their plan of attack. If they change their plan of attack use Coffman as you pass catching TE and get a WR by trade or draft. If not there go only offensive line, defensive line, safety, or linebacker/corner in that order of importance depending on the prospect.

John Thornton's idea for the Marshall trade makes more sense than anything I've ever heard. The Bengals early draft picks aren't as valuable as teams that have huge scouting departments and a history of getting guys to camp. Usually the Bengals don't get that much from their 1st rounder in their rookie year. Also, if Carson is still good (probably better than last year, but not elite) their window is closing. The league is a passing league now and they have gone away from that. Get Marshall and go back to throwing it all over the field. The D is far better than it was in 05. They essentially have an unused 1st and 3rd from last year that can be considered this years picks to develop. The key would be getting a pass catching TE if Coffman isn't that guy. He wants the guy from Dallas for a 2nd round pick. Then draft O-line or Defense w/ your remaining 3-5 picks and hope to hit on 2-3 of them.

Watched the WR skills competition I guess replay? Shipley will make a nice 3-4th round value. Dez Bryant looks like everything Jerome Simpson is not. Size, monster hands. I think the key to drafting WR's in this draft is the round and the value.

If the Bengals really want to take that next step starting next year. They will trade a couple of those draft picks to get Brandon Marshall. They need to realize that if they really want to make a run at it, they can't hope they get a steal at receiver that would make a big difference. They have Chad while still very good is getting older and doesn't have to many years left. Also Palmer is slowly getting up there too. They don't have the luxury to wait around for draft picks to pan out, if they are serious about being a legit contender and starting next year. They will do whatever it takes to get a Brandon Marshall in here, and not worry about losing a couple draft picks.

If the Bengals really want to take that next step starting next year. They will trade a couple of those draft picks to get Brandon Marshall. They need to realize that if they really want to make a run at it, they can't hope they get a steal at receiver that would make a big difference. They have Chad while still very good is getting older and doesn't have to many years left. Also Palmer is slowly getting up there too. They don't have the luxury to wait around for draft picks to pan out, if they are serious about being a legit contender and starting next year. They will do whatever it takes to get a Brandon Marshall in here, and not worry about losing a couple draft picks.

I completely agree. Marshall would be a huge get for the Bengals.

Yeah but I also think we need to think realistically.

How is that not thinking realistically? It is said that Denver will be looking to trade for him. We are a team that definitely needs a top receiver, and have a young enough team where we could afford to give up draft picks. If the Bengals were wanting to get rid of a 2nd round pick for the backup TE from Dallas last year, then I think they would be willing to do something like that for a Brandon Marshall. As bad as most people hate Mike Brown, he has made some moves in the past few years to try to help improve the team.

How is that not thinking realistically? It is said that Denver will be looking to trade for him. We are a team that definitely needs a top receiver, and have a young enough team where we could afford to give up draft picks. If the Bengals were wanting to get rid of a 2nd round pick for the backup TE from Dallas last year, then I think they would be willing to do something like that for a Brandon Marshall. As bad as most people hate Mike Brown, he has made some moves in the past few years to try to help improve the team.

Hailing Brandon Marshall as the savior might be a let down. Even if they do trade for him when he is a UFA next year he is gonna want 10 million a year.