Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Who's #1 in the state?

Featured Replies

Right now, there simply isn't much of an argument that can be made to keep Trinity out of the #1 slot. They've gone to the three major KY tournaments and won all three - KOB, LIT, and LexCath... they don't just simply have the wins over the big teams, but they've beaten them in tournament atmospheres, showing they can come up with the three requisite big wins in two days (Fri/Sat) that they might have to duplicate in the Sweet 16.

 

IMO, Ballard is #2 - maybe even 1B - but give Trinity the #1 slot right now.

 

But Louisville's 7th region - always a tough place to reside - is perhaps in "beast" mode this year. As good as it always is, it's been a while since we looked at the 7th and saw five (more?) potential state champions playing there (Ballard, Trinity, Eastern, Jtown, Seneca)...teams that don't have to put up too big of a fight to be considered as legitimate state contenders.

  • Replies 63
  • Views 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of these teams will win state this year-

 

Scott Co, Holmes, Ballard, J-Town, Trinity, Eastern or Clarke Co

 

I have seen them all, more than once.

 

At this point Trinity is # 1.... however, there are many steps left before that Saturday evening in Rupp Arena.

Trinity, Holmes, Ballard, Scott County and Eastern. Take your pick, it will be one of those teams that wins the state.

I would agree with LES. At this point of the season, these five teams listed appear to have the pieces necessary to win it all.

Trinity, Holmes, Ballard, Scott County and Eastern. Take your pick, it will be one of those teams that wins the state.

 

:thumb:

I believe Trinity has earned # 1 to this point of the season.

No disrespect to anyone but the state is a little down this year IMO

 

Now with that said right now you have to put Trinity No. 1

 

They have wins over Eastern, Clark County, Jeffersontown, Ballard, Seneca, Lexington Catholic and Male - all top 20 teams

 

And didn't I read in another threat that they beat Scott County and Bowling Green in scrimmages. Wow!

 

That's an impressive resume.

 

They won't win it all but have to be No. 1 right now.

 

I'll go with 1. Trinity, 2. Ballard, 3. Eastern, 4. Shelby Valley, 5. Scott County (or Bowling Green). Have to admit I was impressed with BG when I saw clips of them but not having seen a whole game not sure they belong in 5 or not.

And for the record, not a coach so I don't have a vote but unless they lose every game the rest of the way there is absolutely no way you can't vote for Szabo as the coach of the year! I mean wow. I used to remember when folks on here would bash his style.

No disrespect to anyone but the state is a little down this year IMO

 

Now with that said right now you have to put Trinity No. 1

 

They have wins over Eastern, Clark County, Jeffersontown, Ballard, Seneca, Lexington Catholic and Male - all top 20 teams

 

And didn't I read in another threat that they beat Scott County and Bowling Green in scrimmages. Wow!

 

That's an impressive resume.

 

They won't win it all but have to be No. 1 right now.

 

I'll go with 1. Trinity, 2. Ballard, 3. Eastern, 4. Shelby Valley, 5. Scott County (or Bowling Green). Have to admit I was impressed with BG when I saw clips of them but not having seen a whole game not sure they belong in 5 or not.

 

You can say that for all the other 7th region teams also since the road will be so tough!

  • Author

That's what really concerns me....I feel the 7th region is a monster this year....and I think they'll fizzle in the Sweet 16.

No disrespect to anyone but the state is a little down this year IMO

 

Now with that said right now you have to put Trinity No. 1

 

They have wins over Eastern, Clark County, Jeffersontown, Ballard, Seneca, Lexington Catholic and Male - all top 20 teams

 

And didn't I read in another threat that they beat Scott County and Bowling Green in scrimmages. Wow!

 

That's an impressive resume.

 

They won't win it all but have to be No. 1 right now.

 

I'll go with 1. Trinity, 2. Ballard, 3. Eastern, 4. Shelby Valley, 5. Scott County (or Bowling Green). Have to admit I was impressed with BG when I saw clips of them but not having seen a whole game not sure they belong in 5 or not.

 

Shelby Valley #4? Don't see your logic WHO has Shelby Valley played or beat to earn a #4 ranking?:confused:

That's what really concerns me....I feel the 7th region is a monster this year....and I think they'll fizzle in the Sweet 16.

 

I agree on the monster 7th region but not them to fizzle out. The boys state tourney will have a week off after the regionls, girls state is first. So that will give them a week to rest and prepare.

I'd still vote for Scott County. Tough loss AT Ballard to start the year. A couple of losses to out of state team. I think they beat Trinity if they played today.

I'd still vote for Scott County. Tough loss AT Ballard to start the year. A couple of losses to out of state team. I think they beat Trinity if they played today.

 

Scott Co also lost to Lexington Christian. Trinity has not lost a game since like Dec 15th. They have proved it on the court, against the top teams in the state. IMO should be #1 at this time.

I'd still vote for Scott County. Tough loss AT Ballard to start the year. A couple of losses to out of state team. I think they beat Trinity if they played today.

 

Can't agree with this one.

 

I think these two match up pretty well and I think it would be a good game if they played again.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.