Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Who's #1 in the state?

Featured Replies

If Trinity is the state's #1 team, yes they've earned it, then where does Kentucky high school hoops truly sit in terms of level?

 

I'm not quite sure I follow your reasoning!

 

Let's see- Trinity's seniors include a signed D1 player who is playing better than anyone in the state at this time, another wing player Epley with offers from a couple DII and multiple DIII schools, a very underrated point guard getting several DIII looks and a center who will play DI football.

 

The sophomore class appears to have two kids at least in Deudonne and Foster who will play somewhere.

 

Just because Trinity is not a typical basketball power doesn't mean they can't have a good year!

 

Also, Scott Co has three seniors with DI offers and one with a DII offer in their senior class and several talented sophomores.

 

Overall, there will be more DI signees in this senior class than any in a long time

 

Why is that down as far as talent when compared to the past few state championship teams?

 

Face the facts PTB; Trinity, Ballard, Jtown, Eastern, Scott Co, and Holmes are all pretty darn good teams!

  • Replies 63
  • Views 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not quite sure I follow your reasoning!

 

Let's see- Trinity's seniors include a signed D1 player who is playing better than anyone in the state at this time, another wing player Epley with offers from a couple DII and multiple DIII schools, a very underrated point guard getting several DIII looks and a center who will play DI football.

 

The sophomore class appears to have two kids at least in Deudonne and Foster who will play somewhere.

 

Just because Trinity is not a typical basketball power doesn't mean they can't have a good year!

 

Also, Scott Co has three seniors with DI offers and one with a DII offer in their senior class and several talented sophomores.

 

Overall, there will be more DI signees in this senior class than any in a long time

 

Why is that down as far as talent when compared to the past few state championship teams?

 

Face the facts PTB; Trinity, Ballard, Jtown, Eastern, Scott Co, and Holmes are all pretty darn good teams!

 

Eastern is nowhere near the same team without Dow. Jtown missing a starter and doesn't have the height nor talent of past years teams, Holmes has not played to their potential, GRC has not either, and well Scott County hasn't been like the SC of the days of Haddix and Mackey.

 

You can critcize my opinion all you wish, but to many who have followed KY high school hoops for more than the past decade, it is below par. The state title is wide open and could be won by a team not hardly mentioned on BGP.

Shelby Valley #4? Don't see your logic WHO has Shelby Valley played or beat to earn a #4 ranking?:confused:

 

Shelby Valley is very good and a dangerous team. I would have liked to have seen them play more great teams in Ky, but they have a great team. They will be very dangerous in March.

Eastern is nowhere near the same team without Dow. Jtown missing a starter and doesn't have the height nor talent of past years teams, Holmes has not played to their potential, GRC has not either, and well Scott County hasn't been like the SC of the days of Haddix and Mackey.

 

You can critcize my opinion all you wish, but to many who have followed KY high school hoops for more than the past decade, it is below par. The state title is wide open and could be won by a team not hardly mentioned on BGP.

 

I disagree. While IMO this senior class doesn't have a player like Chris Lofton, Scotty Hopson, Bud Mackey, Darius Miller, Shelvin Mack, etc. there are a ton of good players this year. Ballard is very good and deep. The senior class of players is much better this year than last year.

Eastern is nowhere near the same team without Dow. Jtown missing a starter and doesn't have the height nor talent of past years teams, Holmes has not played to their potential, GRC has not either, and well Scott County hasn't been like the SC of the days of Haddix and Mackey.

 

You can critcize my opinion all you wish, but to many who have followed KY high school hoops for more than the past decade, it is below par. The state title is wide open and could be won by a team not hardly mentioned on BGP.

 

Not criticizing, just clarifiying that I don't think you're basing it on objective facts(number of DI players in state)

 

Everyone is certainly entitled to their opinion - that's why these sites exist!:thumb:

The only problem I see with putting Trinity at #1 is that their key wins are over fellow 7th region teams. I realize the 7th region is extremely tough this year but outside of the 7th, GRC is the only quality win they have and the Cards have also lost to Male, Seneca, and Eastern as well so I'm not sure that is a "quality win."

 

Both Ballard and Holmes only have one in state loss. Ballard's only in state loss came to Trinity, but they also beat Trinity in regulation earlier in the year so Ballard has just as much of an argument to be #1 as Trinity.

 

Holmes has 4 losses but 3 of those are to out of state teams. Ballard is still the only in state team to beat them.

 

Trinity is a legit top 2 team based on their resume, but I'd go with the following top 5:

 

1. Ballard

2. Trinity

3. Holmes

4. Scott Co

5. Eastern

 

GRC beat Memphis Central and Lee AL, both quality wins. Their 4 losses they were right there at the end of the game in all 4. We also beat Male eariler. Don't see how you can say that GRC isn't a quaility win for Trinity.

I disagree. While IMO this senior class doesn't have a player like Chris Lofton, Scotty Hopson, Bud Mackey, Darius Miller, Shelvin Mack, etc. there are a ton of good players this year. Ballard is very good and deep. The senior class of players is much better this year than last year.

 

I agree with this post to some extent. Not a top heavy senior class, broader talent than last year's class. The quality of a top teams is lower than in past.

 

Trinity is a fine team and deserves the top spot. They play that slow-style of ball and Szabo has done a remarkable job. Its just the timing is all in place.

GRC beat Memphis Central and Lee AL, both quality wins. Their 4 losses they were right there at the end of the game in all 4. We also beat Male eariler. Don't see how you can say that GRC isn't a quaility win for Trinity.

 

I agree. If GRC isn't a quality win, then there is no such thing.

GRC beat Memphis Central and Lee AL, both quality wins. Their 4 losses they were right there at the end of the game in all 4. We also beat Male eariler. Don't see how you can say that GRC isn't a quaility win for Trinity.

 

Never said GRC was NOT a quality win, they are. GRC has not played at the level they were expected to by many however.

Trinity has earned the #1 Ranking. As we have all seen in the past, being #1 during the season does not always equate to a State Championship.

Not criticizing, just clarifiying that I don't think you're basing it on objective facts(number of DI players in state)

 

Everyone is certainly entitled to their opinion - that's why these sites exist!:thumb:

 

There are a higher number of D1 commits and/or signees. The numbers are not staggering. D1 commits does not equate to a higher level of TEAM play.

Never said GRC was NOT a quality win, they are. GRC has not played at the level they were expected to by many however.

 

Look who I quoted...not you. I disagree on not playing to level as expected. Their 4 loses could have easily gone the other way. I still believe they are right there as a contender for the state title.

Look who I quoted...not you. I disagree on not playing to level as expected. Their 4 loses could have easily gone the other way. I still believe they are right there as a contender for the state title.

 

I never said they were NOT a contender. I said they can play better basketball or to a higher level.

 

GRC could indeed not play to their full potential and still take state due to no teams being truly set apart. Whereas in the past, that would not hold true.

I never said they were NOT a contender. I said they can play better basketball or to a higher level.

 

GRC could indeed not play to their full potential and still take state due to no teams being truly set apart. Whereas in the past, that would not hold true.

 

:lol: I never said, you said we were not a contender. Think we are on the same page. I agree GRC has the potential to play alot better. Hopefully by post-season we will see this.

Trinity, Holmes, Ballard, Scott County and Eastern. Take your pick, it will be one of those teams that wins the state.

 

Is GRC even in your top 50 yet??? lol

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.