Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Who's #1 in the state?

Featured Replies

It has to be Trinity with all that they have done on the court this year. That being said they can be beaten by some of the state's better teams and it is still wide open in the sweet 16 and they might not even get there.

  • Replies 63
  • Views 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At this point in the season, the clear favorites in the sweet sixteen would have to be:

 

7th region winner

Holmes(assuming they get out of 9th)

Scott Co-Lex Cath

 

I think everybody else is a step below and would be an underdog against the above

At this point in the season, the clear favorites in the sweet sixteen would have to be:

 

7th region winner

Holmes(assuming they get out of 9th)

Scott Co-Lex Cath

I think everybody else is a step below and would be an underdog against the above

 

Could you please elaborate as to your reasoning with Lex Cath. I have not seen them play this season, but am very familiar with their personnel. On paper it would appear that they have all the pieces of the puzzle, but who have they beaten thus far. Looking at their scedule I see no "quality wins". Granted their schedule is what it is bacause of the Lexington public schools boycott which other schools in the Bluegrass area seem to follow. I think this could hurt them come toutny time. They do play Scott County soon and this will be a measuring stick.

 

Yes they have won region two years straight, and I am not counting them out, but again, I don't see any big wins thus far.

Could you please elaborate as to your reasoning with Lex Cath. I have not seen them play this season, but am very familiar with their personnel. On paper it would appear that they have all the pieces of the puzzle, but who have they beaten thus far. Looking at their scedule I see no "quality wins". Granted their schedule is what it is bacause of the Lexington public schools boycott which other schools in the Bluegrass area seem to follow. I think this could hurt them come toutny time. They do play Scott County soon and this will be a measuring stick.

 

Yes they have won region two years straight, and I am not counting them out, but again, I don't see any big wins thus far.

 

I've seen them play and I believe they have a chance to challenge Scott Co for the region.

 

Beckham is excellent, the big guy is effective and they have several shooters to knock down the three. If you asked me to pick the 11th winner, I would go with Scott Co, but I won't be shocked if Catholic gets out.

That's what really concerns me....I feel the 7th region is a monster this year....and I think they'll fizzle in the Sweet 16.

The 7th region tournament will be like a state tournament itself.:eek:

I don't care or worry about who is ranked #1 at this time. It makes no difference and I think it just puts a target on your back.

The 7th region tournament will be like a state tournament itself.:eek:

 

Now this is a TRUE story!

The 7th region tournament will be like a state tournament itself.:eek:

 

Where will the 7th region be played?

I've seen them play and I believe they have a chance to challenge Scott Co for the region.

 

Beckham is excellent, the big guy is effective and they have several shooters to knock down the three. If you asked me to pick the 11th winner, I would go with Scott Co, but I won't be shocked if Catholic gets out.

 

I can't disagree that they could challenge, but if they overlook Tates Creek or Lafayette they may not make it out of districts. The draw for that district will be interesting.

I can't disagree that they could challenge, but if they overlook Tates Creek or Lafayette they may not make it out of districts. The draw for that district will be interesting.

 

No argument there. I've seen Tates Creek in the KOB and they were not playing well. I'm sure they have improved since then.

Where will the 7th region be played?

 

Bellarmine

The only problem I see with putting Trinity at #1 is that their key wins are over fellow 7th region teams. I realize the 7th region is extremely tough this year but outside of the 7th, GRC is the only quality win they have and the Cards have also lost to Male, Seneca, and Eastern as well so I'm not sure that is a "quality win."

 

Both Ballard and Holmes only have one in state loss. Ballard's only in state loss came to Trinity, but they also beat Trinity in regulation earlier in the year so Ballard has just as much of an argument to be #1 as Trinity.

 

Holmes has 4 losses but 3 of those are to out of state teams. Ballard is still the only in state team to beat them.

 

Trinity is a legit top 2 team based on their resume, but I'd go with the following top 5:

 

1. Ballard

2. Trinity

3. Holmes

4. Scott Co

5. Eastern

If Trinity is the state's #1 team, yes they've earned it, then where does Kentucky high school hoops truly sit in terms of level?

The 7th region tournament will be like a state tournament itself.:eek:

 

It always is. Every year, this year is no different. In the 80's and 90's and past decade its been even tougher. This year, there's just seems to be more parity as the big dogs don't have the far and away elite talent.

It always is. Every year, this year is no different. In the 80's and 90's and past decade its been even tougher. This year, there's just seems to be more parity as the big dogs don't have the far and away elite talent.

 

Which brings me to my next point...maybe the 7th seems tough because there isn't a clear cut favorite like there was last year with Eastern and J'town?

 

Everyone continues to beat eachother.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.