Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Marvin Lewis, AP Coach of the Year

Featured Replies

No chance we make the playoffs next year, IMO.

  • Replies 30
  • Views 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No chance we make the playoffs next year, IMO.

 

How can you say there is no chance they make the playoffs next year, when we have no idea what things will change this off season? I mean serioulsy, that just makes no sense. Shoot you and probably 90 percent of the people probably would have said the same thing about the Bengals chances last year at this time, and yet they made the playoffs. The Bengals made some good changes last off season, and had a good draft. They also picked up some key free agents that helped last year. Just no reason to say there is no chance, when you have no idea what will happen this off season. You also have no idea how those other teams the Bengals play will be. Yes the schedule looks tough, but every year teams end up being worst or better than people think. So no idea to know how tough the actual schedule will play out.

No chance we make the playoffs next year, IMO.

 

I agree with this. With the way Palmer played down the stretch this year I'm calling 7-9 with their schedule.Congrats to Marvin. Hopefully he get's some extra red flags with this award as he tends to run out of them.

It's just sad that "Bengals fans" in this thread can't say congrats and move on.

 

I am a Big UK fan and I think Billy G was terrible for them. I am a Big Reds fan and I think Dusty is a terrible manager. I am a Big UC fan and I think Cronin needs to go. So do I understand you correctly that if I'm a fan of a team I can't have a negative opinion on the coach?

Congratulations to Marvin Lewis and the Bengals team. The team has been through so much this season. I'm so glad Mike Zimmer is staying.

Wow! I admit not to be the biggest Lewis fan at times. However he got a team to make the playoffs after only winning 4 games last year, and doing it without any pro bowlers. Also doing it while having the tragedy's that happened this year, and some really key injuries. A terrible coach as you say wouldn't have been about to do that. Yes when it comes to game management he might be one of the worst in the league. However don't let that be thing thing that makes you say he is a terrible coach. There is more to coaching than just that. Its all the coaching that goes on during the week of practices, its being able to get your guys to play hard basically no matter what. This team always has seemed to play pretty hard for Marvin, even though they don't have the most talented teams. A terrible coach wouldn't have been able to do that. There is more to coaching than just the game management. With that he is pretty bad, but with everything else he seems to do pretty well.

 

So congrats to coach Marvin Lewis. He took a team that is not the most talented in the world, and was able to get them to make the playoffs with no pro bowlers.

 

So b/c his team played hard this year he can't be a bad coach? Ok. Some "fans" need to realize that just b/c the Bengals are a joke of a franchise it doesn't mean they can't expect and wish for more. Has any NFL coach in history run out of challenges in the middle fo the 1st quarter of a playoff game other than Marvin? Isn't it realistic as a fan to hope by the 14th game for an offense to quit getting false starts and delay of game penalties?

Glad to see someone from the Bengals get recognition, but I still can't stand Marvin.

We have basketball now :clap:

How can you say there is no chance they make the playoffs next year, when we have no idea what things will change this off season? I mean serioulsy, that just makes no sense. Shoot you and probably 90 percent of the people probably would have said the same thing about the Bengals chances last year at this time, and yet they made the playoffs. The Bengals made some good changes last off season, and had a good draft. They also picked up some key free agents that helped last year. Just no reason to say there is no chance, when you have no idea what will happen this off season. You also have no idea how those other teams the Bengals play will be. Yes the schedule looks tough, but every year teams end up being worst or better than people think. So no idea to know how tough the actual schedule will play out.

 

You said it. Schedule.

He deserved it b/c he won the division title w/ no Pro Bowlers until Chad was invited b/c of two injuries. He however is still a terrible coach IMO. I hope he doesn't get a new contract when his runs out. Zimmer would be a nice replacement after next year and hopefully he has an offensive coordinator and someone w/ a clue when it comes to clock managemnet in mind.

 

He certainly won it due to the improvement over last year and the division win. However, make no mistake about it, the Bengals won DESPITE Lewis, not because of him. SSC is correct, Lewis is a terrible game manager and someone that makes you cringe in close games. Some of things he does during the game would not be considered by half of those on this website. He seems like a nice man with good intentions but I have about as much confidence in his game and clock management as I did when Dave (Shew)la was at the helm.

Congrats to Marvin , Some fans could only dream to be in your shoes.

You said it. Schedule.

 

Once again the Bengals had the 3rd hardest schedule going into this past season. They ended up doing pretty well with that don't you think? Next you will probably say will the schedule ended up not being quite as hard. Which makes my exact point, you have no idea how the teams will be on that schedule. I mean going into this year they were suppose to have the 3rd toughest, and they still made the playoffs. Next year once again to start with it looks like it will be very tough, but every year in the NFL teams change. It might not be quite as hard.

Congrats to an old Pittsburgh guy...

With the deaths and injuries the Bengals dealt with and the constant doubts as to whether a home game would be sold out. I think it was well deserved for Marvin and a successful season for the Bengals to build on. Unfortunately for the Bengals they have a lot of fans that belong to the fellowship of the miserables.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.