Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Countdown clock?

Featured Replies

Is it too early to start the countdown clock indicating when baseball begins? I believe one month from today. We had one last year but I'm not smart enough to put one on here. :thumb:

I hope Feb. 15 is as nice as today was.

  • Author

TTT

Let practice begin!:lol:

  • Author
Let practice begin!:lol:

 

Really. I think they should give all the kids a shovel before tryouts while they have more bodies.:D

It is weather like this that makes the investment in sports turf pay off. St. X could play 2 hours after the snow melts off.

All Kenton County High Schools baseball tryouts are cancelled for today.

I hope Feb. 15 is as nice as today was.

 

Ha ha, it's not too bad only 7 inches of snow!

It is weather like this that makes the investment in sports turf pay off. St. X could play 2 hours after the snow melts off.

 

So could Ryle, CCH, Beech, SK, and a couple other schools in NKY. But I think it's going to be quite a while until this snow melts off. Below normal temps forecasted for at least the next week, plus the possibility of more snow. Gym time is also hard to come by right now because schools' basketball teams are hot and heavy into it. Pretty obvious why college teams from Florida, Georgia, Texas, Louisiana, California, etc... are a step ahead of everyone.

So could Ryle, CCH, Beech, SK, and a couple other schools in NKY. But I think it's going to be quite a while until this snow melts off. Below normal temps forecasted for at least the next week, plus the possibility of more snow. Gym time is also hard to come by right now because schools' basketball teams are hot and heavy into it. Pretty obvious why college teams from Florida, Georgia, Texas, Louisiana, California, etc... are a step ahead of everyone.

 

I think you meant high school teams but you are correct for college as well. I remember many of my early season college games were played during light snow showers and very cold temps.

Anybody practice yesterday?:idunno:

Anybody practice yesterday?:idunno:

I heard of a few that did, but not many.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.