Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

How good is UK?

Featured Replies

Nope.

 

John Wall is the #1 pick in the NBA draft. He's a lock for All-American team and is likely the Player of the year.

 

I think Demarcus Cousins is a top 5 NBA draft pick.

 

Patrick Patterson is one of the most well-liked and best players at Kentucky. He's a potential All-American.

 

Eric Bledsoe is one of the top freshman in the nation. He's out of control at times, but the kid is super-talented and a freak athletically.

 

Daniel Orton is likely a future NBA player.

 

There is a TON of talent on this team.

 

But not as much as '96 ...

  • Replies 83
  • Views 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
But not as much as '96 ...

 

And even if you were to concede that the talent was about equal, the '96 team had a lot more experience.

The '96 team is still the most talented I've seen.

 

You listing out the roster makes this thread seem even more silly, IMO. This is just WAY too early, IMO.

I'm there.......but our hatred comes from obnoxious UK fans.....so it's more of a which came first, the chicken or the egg....I would be indifferent about UK, if their fans didn't repulse me.....actually their obnoxious fans.

 

Best post of the year:laugh::laugh::laugh:

I love the '96 team and they're the best TEAM.

 

I said this year's team has the most talent. Individually, up and down the line, they're the most talented team I have seen.

 

Tony Delk v. Eric Bledsoe

 

Antoine Walker v. Patrick Patterson I love PPat, one of my favs of all time.

 

Walter McCarty v. Perry Stevenson

 

Derek Anderson v. John Wall and DA was awesome!

 

Ron Mercer v. Darius Miller

 

Mark Pope v. Demarcus Cousins

 

Anthony Epps v. Deandre Liggins

 

Jeff Sheppard v. Jon Hood

 

Wayne Turner v. Ramon Harris

 

Jared Prickett

 

Allen Edwards v. Darnell Dodson

 

Nazr Mohammed v. Daniel Orton

 

Oliver Simmons v. Josh Harrellson Push

 

Cameron Mills v. Mark Krebs

 

 

 

The '96 team is one of the best ever.

 

'96 has the advantage, but they also won a national title. If this year's team does the same, we'll think much more highly of some of the players. :p

 

At this point, I'd like to renege on my comment. The '96 team is still the most talented I've seen, but this year's team has TONS of talent and the best player in the nation.

 

Fair enough my friend! If I had to pick the most talented player of the matchups you listed, my picks are in bold.

This is the most talented team I've seen at UK IMO. There not as good of a team as the '96 team because that team had more experience and chemistry though IMO. But, the '96 team did not have a John Wall or even DeMarcus Cousins IMO. Talent wise, Patterson may also be better than anyone on the '96 team. Walker is the only one I'd argue to be in their group because of what he did in the NBA. Mercer, McCarty, Delk, Mohammed etc. had NBA careers, but I think the 2010 Big 3 will have better careers in the league than they did. Cousins and Patterson will have to continue working hard to be better pros than Walker was, but I think they have more potential at the next level. JMO.

 

Also, this team has to win a title obviously before they can be compared as a team to the '96 or '98 teams.

This is the most talented team I've seen at UK IMO. There not as good of a team as the '96 team because that team had more experience and chemistry though IMO. But, the '96 team did not have a John Wall or even DeMarcus Cousins IMO. Talent wise, Patterson may also be better than anyone on the '96 team. Walker is the only one I'd argue to be in their group because of what he did in the NBA. Mercer, McCarty, Delk, Mohammed etc. had NBA careers, but I think the 2010 Big 3 will have better careers in the league than they did. Cousins and Patterson will have to continue working hard to be better pros than Walker was, but I think they have more potential at the next level. JMO.

 

Also, this team has to win a title obviously before they can be compared as a team to the '96 or '98 teams.

 

I love watching Patterson, and he is a fantastic college player, but c'mon. With his height combined with his skill set, don't you think that's a bit much?

 

Frankly, of both teams, Wall is easily the most talented player, and the player best equipped to be an impact pro. Cousins has a better chance, because of his frame, than Patterson to be an impact pro. But top to bottom, the '96 roster wins this one by 10-12 points.

Kentucky losing in no way affects my team, so if they lose, they lose. If they don't, congrats to them on a miraculous season.

 

At this point I'd be surprised if they didn't run the table. They shouldn't get too much trouble in the SEC.

 

UT,SC and Vandy all worry me. Nobody on here wants to see them run the table as much as I do,but those 3 teams scare me.

I'm there.......but our hatred comes from obnoxious UK fans.....so it's more of a which came first, the chicken or the egg....I would be indifferent about UK, if their fans didn't repulse me.....actually their obnoxious fans.

 

 

I can truly understand, they even make me sick at times. Be happy for us good fans though. :D

I love watching Patterson, and he is a fantastic college player, but c'mon. With his height combined with his skill set, don't you think that's a bit much?

 

Frankly, of both teams, Wall is easily the most talented player, and the player best equipped to be an impact pro. Cousins has a better chance, because of his frame, than Patterson to be an impact pro. But top to bottom, the '96 roster wins this one by 10-12 points.

 

 

I agree. I love Patterson. He's a great player, but Antoine Walker was more talented than Patterson IMO. That 96 team would beat this year's team by double digits.

  • Author

I think experience gives the 96 team the edge but talent wise I think it is very close.

 

Also I realize it's early but it has been less than 20 degrees for about month and snowed just about everyday. I had to have something to do. Cabin Fever, cut me some slack.

  • Author
I'm there.......but our hatred comes from obnoxious UK fans.....so it's more of a which came first, the chicken or the egg....I would be indifferent about UK, if their fans didn't repulse me.....actually their obnoxious fans.

 

Can you imagine if UK fans ran back and smacked the floor when they set up their defense? Now that would be obnoxious.

I think experience gives the 96 team the edge but talent wise I think it is very close.

 

Also I realize it's early but it has been less than 20 degrees for about month and snowed just about everyday. I had to have something to do. Cabin Fever, cut me some slack.

 

I'm w/ you about experience. I think this team has more individual talent though.

 

If Bledsoe and Orton get drafted in the lottery eventually this team should have 5 lottery picks. That's a lot of talent. The 96 team was fun to watch and really good though so I'd make them an 8 point favorite in the dream world.

I think experience gives the 96 team the edge but talent wise I think it is very close.

 

Also I realize it's early but it has been less than 20 degrees for about month and snowed just about everyday. I had to have something to do. Cabin Fever, cut me some slack.

 

I'm w/ you about experience. I think this team has more individual talent though.

 

If Bledsoe and Orton get drafted in the lottery eventually this team should have 5 lottery picks. That's a lot of talent. The 96 team was fun to watch and really good though so I'd make them an 8 point favorite in the dream world.

:thumb:

 

Exactly. If this team returned every player and the only losses on the team were Perry Stevenson and Ramon Harris, next year's team would be better than the '96 squad. The '96 team had two good Freshman in Mercer and Turner, but the majority of the team and production came from Sophs, Juniors, and Seniors. Patterson is really the only true veteran every game contributor besides the three Freshman. With the climate of today's college basketball, last year's UNC team and this year's UK team is about as talented as teams will become.

Fair enough my friend! If I had to pick the most talented player of the matchups you listed, my picks are in bold.

 

For the most part, I agree with your list. I'd take Daniel Orton over Nazr Mohammed in '96 though. Nazr didn't get much PT in '96, from what I recall. Likewise, Jeff Sheppard was a much bigger contributor in the '98 team than the '96.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.