Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

How good is UK?

Featured Replies

This is the most talented team I've ever seen. Whether or not they turn out to be the best depends on what they do in March.

 

Were you born in 1999?

  • Replies 83
  • Views 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Were you born in 1999?

 

Nope.

 

John Wall is the #1 pick in the NBA draft. He's a lock for All-American team and is likely the Player of the year.

 

I think Demarcus Cousins is a top 5 NBA draft pick.

 

Patrick Patterson is one of the most well-liked and best players at Kentucky. He's a potential All-American.

 

Eric Bledsoe is one of the top freshman in the nation. He's out of control at times, but the kid is super-talented and a freak athletically.

 

Daniel Orton is likely a future NBA player.

 

There is a TON of talent on this team.

This thread is a bit premature...comparing any team without a title to the 96 or 98 teams is silly, IMO. A nice record in January means nothing without a title; just ask Eric Daniels, Gerald Fitch, Keith Bogans, Kelenna Azibuke, Patrick Sparks, Marquis Estill, Tayshaun Prince...

The better question is how many people on here are dying for Kentucky to lose?

 

TheDeuce is at the top of my list. :lol:

 

Kentucky losing in no way affects my team, so if they lose, they lose. If they don't, congrats to them on a miraculous season.

 

At this point I'd be surprised if they didn't run the table. They shouldn't get too much trouble in the SEC.

Possibly 3 picks in the top 10 to 15 of the draft next year.

Kentucky losing in no way affects my team, so if they lose, they lose. If they don't, congrats to them on a miraculous season.

 

At this point I'd be surprised if they didn't run the table. They shouldn't get too much trouble in the SEC.

 

I don't think they'll run the table, but don't discredit the SEC in advance of it actually happening.

 

And of course it doesn't affect your team. But you'd be lying if you told me you won't be glad when Kentucky loses. :D

I don't think they'll run the table, but don't discredit the SEC in advance of it actually happening.

 

And of course it doesn't affect your team. But you'd be lying if you told me you won't be glad when Kentucky loses. :D

 

Yes he would be lying if he told you that.

Nope.

 

John Wall is the #1 pick in the NBA draft. He's a lock for All-American team and is likely the Player of the year.

 

I think Demarcus Cousins is a top 5 NBA draft pick.

 

Patrick Patterson is one of the most well-liked and best players at Kentucky. He's a potential All-American.

 

Eric Bledsoe is one of the top freshman in the nation. He's out of control at times, but the kid is super-talented and a freak athletically.

 

Daniel Orton is likely a future NBA player.

 

There is a TON of talent on this team.

 

A ton of talent no doubt, but 1996 is still IMO the most dominant Kentucky team ever. The 1998 team was quite a group too. I think this group has the potential to be stronger than 1998, but probably can not eclipse 1996.

Were you born in 1999?

 

:laugh::thumb:

A ton of talent no doubt, but 1996 is still IMO the most dominant Kentucky team ever. The 1998 team was quite a group too. I think this group has the potential to be stronger than 1998, but probably can not eclipse 1996.

 

1998 wasn't even close to 1996. People seem to think Pitino left Tubby with a #1 no doubt about it title team, but that wasn't the case at all. In fact, that team was ranked near 20 to begin the season.

 

Turner, Sheppard, Allen Edwards, Padgett, Nazr and Heshimu Evans were their top six. Magloire was a freshman I believe. Many would argue that the '97 team was more talented than the '98 team.

A ton of talent no doubt, but 1996 is still IMO the most dominant Kentucky team ever. The 1998 team was quite a group too. I think this group has the potential to be stronger than 1998, but probably can not eclipse 1996.

 

I love the '96 team and they're the best TEAM.

 

I said this year's team has the most talent. Individually, up and down the line, they're the most talented team I have seen.

 

Tony Delk v. Eric Bledsoe

 

Antoine Walker v. Patrick Patterson

 

Walter McCarty v. Perry Stevenson

 

Derek Anderson v. John Wall

 

Ron Mercer v. Darius Miller

 

Mark Pope v. Demarcus Cousins

 

Anthony Epps v. Deandre Liggins

 

Jeff Sheppard v. Jon Hood

 

Wayne Turner v. Ramon Harris

 

Jared Prickett

 

Allen Edwards v. Darnell Dodson

 

Nazr Mohammed v. Daniel Orton

 

Oliver Simmons v. Josh Harrellson

 

Cameron Mills v. Mark Krebs

 

 

 

The '96 team is one of the best ever.

 

'96 has the advantage, but they also won a national title. If this year's team does the same, we'll think much more highly of some of the players. :p

 

At this point, I'd like to renege on my comment. The '96 team is still the most talented I've seen, but this year's team has TONS of talent and the best player in the nation.

1998 wasn't even close to 1996. People seem to think Pitino left Tubby with a #1 no doubt about it title team, but that wasn't the case at all. In fact, that team was ranked near 20 to begin the season.

 

Turner, Sheppard, Allen Edwards, Padgett, Nazr and Heshimu Evans were their top six. Magloire was a freshman I believe. Many would argue that the '97 team was more talented than the '98 team.

 

Thank you! I have been saying that for years. The '98 team is one of the least talented teams to win a title in the last 20 years.

Not only did they win a title, but they are regarded as one of the best teams of all-time. To even be able to compare the talent to that team is saying something.

Thank you! I have been saying that for years. The '98 team is one of the least talented teams to win a title in the last 20 years.

 

They lost Mercer, Anderson and Epps from the '97 runner-up team. I don't think there is any doubt that the 1997 team had more talent.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.