January 13, 201016 yr Impressive finishing kick by the Wildcats. I was curious to see what would happen when these young guys were in a truly hostile environment, and things weren't going well. They responded in a big way and answered a lot of questions. That is why I picked them to lose. I knew UK had more talent, but I just thought playing a road conference game for the 1st time against a pretty decent team, in a hostile environment would do them in. Plus the fact that they really hadn't played that well the past couple of games at home. Bledsoe really stepped up, and had a huge game. His two best games have been UK's only two true road games. He seems to love playing in those type of environments.
January 13, 201016 yr I really wish this team would get that killer instinct and put teams away. When they were up 15 in the second half there is no way that UF should have ever got it back to a tie. For some reason these guys like to do things the hard way sometimes and make things tougher than they should be. They have a killer instinct, but it doesn't kick in until the last TV timeout.
January 13, 201016 yr That is why I picked them to lose. I knew UK had more talent, but I just thought playing a road conference game for the 1st time against a pretty decent team, in a hostile environment would do them in. Plus the fact that they really hadn't played that well the past couple of games at home. Bledsoe really stepped up, and had a huge game. His two best games have been UK's only two true road games. He seems to love playing in those type of environments. I don't think he is the only one who enjoys they hostile environment. The freshman seem to play with a refuse to lose attitude on the road.
January 13, 201016 yr :dancingpa Looking back, I'm happy Billy D. turned down the job. :thumb: :thumb:
January 13, 201016 yr After the ugly start UK settled down and looked like a veteran team on the road. Orton was huge off the bench. What a presence inside. Cousins drives me crazy but he is a beast. Still would like to see UK go inside more to Patterson on the block. Bledsoe is a warrior for sure. I still think Wall is under the weather or something. Oh well, great beating the Gators for the 1st time since 04 in Gainesville. It sure is fun again though. :thumb:
January 13, 201016 yr Impressive finishing kick by the Wildcats. I was curious to see what would happen when these young guys were in a truly hostile environment, and things weren't going well. They responded in a big way and answered a lot of questions. Not that they're very good, but Kentucky responded very well @ Indiana earlier this year. IU was knocking down shots. Kentucky took their best punches and responded very well. Florida has the potential to be a solid team. They can knock off anybody if they hit from the outside. But how frustrating must it be as a UF fan to watch them shoot 30 footer after 30 footer?
January 13, 201016 yr Wall was Wall...but BLEDSOE...wow...awesome game...he looks healthy and it is going to get dangerous... Exactly he is finally healthy look out SEC were back!
January 13, 201016 yr Uk is playing very well however I still expect a few losses this season. I think the first will come agianst Vandy.
January 13, 201016 yr I saw where Bob Kraft spoke with the players after the game. I wonder if he was warning them not to be greedy and to think they have a ring to only have it stolen by Vladimir Putin.
January 13, 201016 yr Very nice to win on the road in a hostile environment. Finally, after the first five minutes or so, we started scoring. Very impressed with Bledsoe. He was unstoppable. Having said that, Florida is just awful. Very soft team, like most of Billy D's squads. They play absolutely no defense. In actuality, we should have won this game by 25 points--and probably would have if Tyus doesn't play out of his mind.
January 13, 201016 yr Very nice to win on the road in a hostile environment. Finally, after the first five minutes or so, we started scoring. Very impressed with Bledsoe. He was unstoppable. Having said that, Florida is just awful. Very soft team, like most of Billy D's squads. They play absolutely no defense. In actuality, we should have won this game by 25 points--and probably would have if Tyus doesn't play out of his mind. I don't think UF is awful. They are a little soft. They certainly aren't what they were just a few years ago during their title days.
January 13, 201016 yr I don't think UF is awful. They are a little soft. They certainly aren't what they were just a few years ago during their title days. Awful was probably a bit strong. As I watched the game last night, I wondered how in the world this team beat Michigan State. Defensively, they were non-existent. Shot selection throughout the game was atrocious. As I said, if Tyus doesn't magically become a perimeter scorer, we beat them by 20-25 points IMO.
January 13, 201016 yr Went to the game last night in Gainesville. All I have to say is wow, never doubted the Cats for a minute that they would win this game. Also, what a great atmosphere. The Gator fans I sat with last night were very complimentary of our team. The PG for Florida, Walker is good, I swear last night he hit one from the Gator eye last night. Bledsoe looked really good last night! Go Cats!
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.